Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

i honestly believe that the best player at the moment to be naturalized is brownlee. not only is he a good player (notwithstanding his 6'5" height) but is more than willing and dedicated to play for flag and country. his children are studying so his willingness to carry the philippine flag can never be questioned. ang problema lang, he is not the type of player that sbp and reyes want. @#*! that's a lot of b@#*!t...i'd say ditch sbp and reyes. the coach in katipunan can do the job. ilang taon na tayong naghihintay.

kung pupwede lang partner. kaso....ayaw ko nang ituloy at baka kung ano pa ang maisulat ko. but honestly, for the sake of philippine badketball, everybody must put their acts together. at the end of the day, this is what all pinoy basketball afficionados want, i.e., for the philippines to regain its lofty stature, at least in asia.

If I may, ang Japan me 2 naturalized players in Ira Brown and Nick Fazekas, baka pwede na gumamit din ng 2 naturalized players ang Gilas-Pilipinas?

Complete list of Imports

Next Conference Starts this coming Friday - Aug. 17

Alaska taps NBA veteran Mike Harris to complete cast of PBA imports

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/alaska-taps-nba-veteran-mike-harris-to-complete-cast-of-pba-imports-a793-20180813

Harris will be joining a stellar cast of imports that also includes Justine Brownlee of newly crowned Commissioner's Cup champion Barangay Ginebra, AZ Reid of San Miguel, Romeo Travis (Magnolia), Mike Glover (TnT Katropa), JNathan Bullock (Rain or Shine), Akeem Wright (Columbian Dyip), Henry Walker (Blackwater), Eugene Phelps (Phoenix), Olu Ashaolu (NLEX), Rashad Woods (NorthPort), and reigning Best Import Allen Durham (Meralco).

Durham resident import ng meralco ha hehe

Update lang mga chief.

After months of recovery, Art Dela Cruz is projected to finally debut for Barangay Ginebra in the upcoming PBA Governor's Cup. As per Dela Cruz and head coach Tim Cone, they are looking into fielding him starting around October.

"Sabi ni Coach [Tim Cone], middle of the conference. My goal is October, second week of October. But my focus right now is rehab nga, and then sabi rin sa akin ni Coach na this time, i-sure mo na 100% ka na. And loaded naman yung team so there's no hurry," said Dela Cruz Sunday afternoon during Ginebra's victory party with fans for their latest championship.

"He's due back maybe in October, but we'll see. We'll play it by ear by that time, we're not gonna push him," added Cone.

Dela Cruz first ruptured his Achilles tendon during a Gilas Pilipinas practice in March 2017. He was still a player of Blackwater Elite then. When he was shipped to Brgy. Ginebra in a trade that involved Chris Ellis, Raymond Aguilar, and Dave Marcelo in August 2017, he re-injured his tendon before he had his Ginebra debut.

It has been 17 months and counting since Dela Cruz last played a game in the PBA.

"Medyo matagal na. Talagang maging patient lang ako, iniisip ko din 'yung long-term eh, hindi lang itong conference na ito," he said.

In those long months, Dela Cruz focused on his injury's rehabilitation and understanding the sophisticated system of Cone's triangle offense.

"Learning na rin yung triangle sa akin. Actually, bago lang ako sa triangle, most of my career is run and gun sa college [san Beda] eh. Ito slow ball kaya maganda rin pag galing ka sa injury, di ka masyadong masusunog," explained the former NCAA star.

Interestingly, the versatile forward is also trying out the point guard role.

"Actually, nagpa-practice na ako tapos ang position na nilalagay sa akin ni Coach, point guard. Ang laking bagay na noong sa college naumpisahan ko na. Pero ngayon, primary na eh. Primary na na point, kaya point going from power forward," said the 6-foot-4 player.

As the Kings still celebrate their latest conquered land now - the Commissioner's Cup, there is no rush for Dela Cruz. After all, Ginebra seems to have long term plans for him in the pipeline.

"After a second Achilles surgery, we do not want to rush him back. He's only 25, so he's got a lot of basketball ahead of him. And I keep telling him: it's not about this conference, it's about the next 8-10 years, that's when we want him for. We want him ready for the next 8-10 years," Cone shared.

This is not a surprise given Cone's high regard on the do-it-all forward. He considers his game as a marriage of Scottie Thompson's and Joe Devance's.

"We were choosing between him [Dela Cruz] and Scottie [Thompson] when he came out of the [2015] draft, and we chose Scottie which was obviously a great pick. But Art was a close second, just because we thought that his skills were very unique, similar to what Scottie does, but in a bigger version," Cone explained.

"Art to me is kind of like the in-between Scottie and Joe, kind of right in between those two guys."

Dela Cruz has so far posted norms of 12.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.7 steals in the PBA.

Aside from Dela Cruz, Cone also targets to line-up new acquisition from Globalport Julian Sargent who is recuperating from a shoulder injury.

Loaded na ang Ginebra sa forward position n'yan, what with Raymond Aguilar, Jervy Cruz, Art Dela Cruz, Julian Sargent, Aljon Mariano at Jam Jamito

Ang aking seatmate Game 5

attachicon.gifDj1gFfTUYAEinaT.jpg

Putik, katabi mo pala si The Destroyer noong game 5 sir, tignan ko nga sa youtube baka makita kita sir hehehehe

Lumalaki na ulo ni Justin Brownlee......based sa agent na si Sherilyn Reyes ay humihingi na si JBL ng at least 10M per conference take it or leave it daw....delikado ang BGK sa upcoming conference pag di napapirma si JBL.

talo mo pa showbiz sa pag gawa ng intriga at fake news

ano na naman ang natira mo? ipatokhang kita

Boss KK its official

After winning title with Ginebra, Jamito finds new home at Meralco

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/after-winning-title-with-ginebra-jamito-finds-new-home-at-meralco-a793-20180814

SHORTLY after winning yet another PBA championship with Barangay Ginebra, Jammer Jamito found a new home for the season-ending Governors Cup.

The seldom-used wingman out of St. Clare and has been picked up by the Bolts from the unrestricted free agent list in time for their conference debut against Columbian Dyip on Friday at the Ynares Center in Antipolo.

Only last week, the native of Basud, Camarines Norte was part of the Ginebra team which dethroned San Miguel Beer to win the Commissioner’s Cup crown. It was his second league title with the Kings after being a member of the team which retained the Governors Cup crown last season.

Jamito, who turns 28 on Sept. 1, was a second-round pick (No. 15 overall) by Ginebra during the 2016 draft. He hardly got playing time with the Kings though, in a two-year stint that will be best remembered for his ‘sidestep’ dunk' during the slam contest of the 2017 All-Star weekend that went viral on social media - and nearly got him into trouble with former league commissioner Chito Narvasa.

PF-Fajardo

SF-Brownlee

C-Slaughter

SG-Clarkson

PG-Tenorio

This five is formidable enough to beat any 5 in Asia, including the Australians. Although this is wishful thinking as we speak, hope springs eternal. The SBP should just let business be business and cooperate with the SMC group.

Edited by will robie

PF-Fajardo

SF-Brownlee

C-Slaughter

SG-Clarkson

PG-Tenorio

This five is formidable enough to beat any 5 in Asia, including the Australians. Although this is wishful thinking as we speak, hope springs eternal. The SBP should just let business be business and cooperate with the SMC group.

and the coach chief? hhmmmm parang di naman natin alam kung sino ang nararapat. hehehe Edited by junix

and the coach chief? hhmmmm parang di naman natin alam kung sino ang nararapat. hehehe

Chief, dalawa lang naman eh. Either Tab or Tim. Hehe. Puede din Tab as head coach and Tim as his top lieutenant. The best coaching duo in Asia. That's my dream starting five and dream coaches. Too bad, the reality is far from ideal, especially the coach. :lol:

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

Tim can be an assistant coach.

Another wishful thinking boss...

Pero ok sana kung si Tab...

Para hindi ot.. Si Coach Tim is para sa Ginebra nalang muna.. After nya makaGrandslam sa Ginebra pwede na sya pakawalan para sa RP Team.

Chief, dalawa lang naman eh. Either Tab or Tim. Hehe. Puede din Tab as head coach and Tim as his top lieutenant. The best coaching duo in Asia. That's my dream starting five and dream coaches. Too bad, the reality is far from ideal, especially the coach. :lol:

oh my...i'd love to see these two master tacticians working together. and with that lineup? the chinese or even the australian national teams for sure will be eating dust. wag naman sanang suntok sa buwan ito.

• Like (+1) 1

tagal pa ng 1st game sa katapusan pa, tapos columbian jip pa. hehe massacre malamang to

puro araneta na naman ang laro natin.

with JBL's naturalization on the way, the ball is in SBP's hand to make use of this golden opportunity

sana nga chief...sana nga mapakinabangan ng gilas itong si jbl. the guy has decided to be naturalized and determined to play for gilas. unfortunately, i read in a recent article that jbl is not the type of player (because of his height) who is being considered by sbp and mr. reyes...anak ng @#!*/ talaga!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Question... Mag fit ba na coach si Tim Cone Phil team? Pansin ko kase, parang ung style na systems based at di basta naka depende sa mga star players... Unless may long term program, bka hindi mautilize ung composition ng mga stars na galing PBA??? May tendency din na magbabad ng players at hindi masyado mautilize ung 12 na tao... Although, master of adjustment sya, baka lang kailanganin nya ng long training, para madevelop sa sistema nya ung players lalo na kung parang chopseuy na galing sa ibat ibang teams?

Baka may magshare ng magandang analysis...

Question... Mag fit ba na coach si Tim Cone Phil team? Pansin ko kase, parang ung style na systems based at di basta naka depende sa mga star players... Unless may long term program, bka hindi mautilize ung composition ng mga stars na galing PBA??? May tendency din na magbabad ng players at hindi masyado mautilize ung 12 na tao... Although, master of adjustment sya, baka lang kailanganin nya ng long training, para madevelop sa sistema nya ung players lalo na kung parang chopseuy na galing sa ibat ibang teams?

Baka may magshare ng magandang analysis...

If he will use the triangle offense, mukhang di uubra pards. I have never seen a team/country used this as a strategy. (correct me if i am wrong)

And kung ibibigay ke Coach Tim ang best of the best players, i doubt kung magbabangko pa rin sya.

Yung ginamit niya na ball screen at motion offense vs SMB, yun uubra yun, kasi ganun ang galawan ng euro teams.

That ball screen plays, nakita rin natin kanina sa GILASTOPAINTERS against Kazakhstan. So it means coach yeng really knows what he's doing (contrary to chot who only uses Dribble drive)

Pero depende rin siguro sa magiging caliber ng players niya, we all know CTC puts premium in big men so if he will coach Junmar and Greg together sa Phl Team, im sure there will be quick seals and hi low plays for these 2.

exciting and makes us all wonder..

I hope someday, habang nasa prime pa si CTC, ma consider sya ulit sa National Team.