Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

UGLY, Thrilling WIN for NSD Ginebra last night

UGLY as we don't need the bad calls on Fajardo, Lassiter, Ross and Santos

THRILLING because NSD didn't lost it's poise even when the SMB came back from 21-pts down and managed to take the lead, too

now, the series is tied at 1-1, it is now a 5-game series

we will take GAME 7 and the championship

Ginebra suffers another blow as Jervy Cruz doubtful for Game Three due to shoulder injury

AS if seeing Joe Devance in pain is not enough, Ginebra’s frontline took another hit as Jervy Cruz could miss Game Three of the PBA Philippine Cup Finals against San Miguel Beer on Wednesday due to a shoulder injury.

Gin Kings coach Tim Cone confirmed the development to a couple of scribes after practice on Tuesday, saying Cruz is doubtful due to a “slight shoulder separation” or an AC joint sprain according Ginebra physical therapist Aspi Calagopi.

Cruz sustained the injury in a collision with June Mar Fajardo in the second quarter of Game Two, forcing him to miss the entire second half.

That forces Devance, who’s been taking painkilling shots for his hurting foot, Japeth Aguilar, and Dave Marcelo carrying more of the load for the Gin Kings’ frontline that has also long been without Greg Slaughter.

“Maybe we’ll start lining up our guys and give them all shots, poke it, maybe give couple of guys shots in the head to numb their head out,” Cone joked before turning serious.

“It’s a big blow because he’s been a tough mismatch for all the bigs in our series because of his ability to shoot perimeter shots,” he said.

“But that’s been the story for us all conference – next man up, so let’s see who steps up,” the champion coach added.

Ginebra suffers another blow as Jervy Cruz doubtful for Game Three due to shoulder injury

AS if seeing Joe Devance in pain is not enough, Ginebras frontline took another hit as Jervy Cruz could miss Game Three of the PBA Philippine Cup Finals against San Miguel Beer on Wednesday due to a shoulder injury.

Gin Kings coach Tim Cone confirmed the development to a couple of scribes after practice on Tuesday, saying Cruz is doubtful due to a slight shoulder separation or an AC joint sprain according Ginebra physical therapist Aspi Calagopi.

Cruz sustained the injury in a collision with June Mar Fajardo in the second quarter of Game Two, forcing him to miss the entire second half.

That forces Devance, whos been taking painkilling shots for his hurting foot, Japeth Aguilar, and Dave Marcelo carrying more of the load for the Gin Kings frontline that has also long been without Greg Slaughter.

Maybe well start lining up our guys and give them all shots, poke it, maybe give couple of guys shots in the head to numb their head out, Cone joked before turning serious.

Its a big blow because hes been a tough mismatch for all the bigs in our series because of his ability to shoot perimeter shots, he said.

But thats been the story for us all conference next man up, so lets see who steps up, the champion coach added.

big blow indeed chief. maybe it is jamito's time to shine. besides ginebra plays well when faced with adversity. kaya yan!!!

kevin deserves to be in the starting 5 pero i think it is more of a strategy him coming off the bench ... para me offensive option ang gins pag napagod na si LA, Sol at Japeth... I can't wait to see this guy blossom into the shooter (and 3 guy) that Ginebra needs... a 2-way player who can score and defend

kevin deserves to be in the starting 5 pero i think it is more of a strategy him coming off the bench ... para me offensive option ang gins pag napagod na si LA, Sol at Japeth... I can't wait to see this guy blossom into the shooter (and 3 guy) that Ginebra needs... a 2-way player who can score and defend

defensive wise, he needs to improve pa, what i have noticed with kevin, kapag medyo malaki yung kalaban nya, kaya nya bantayan at sabayan, like yung ginawa nya kay Vic Manuel, at ngayon kay Arwind Santos, pero kapag mas maliit sa kanya ang bantay nya, naiiwanan sya, katulad nung nangyari ke Tubid, na pro tres ang ginawa kasi sya ang bantay, may scenario pa na natawagan sya ng Fragrant foul against tubid kasi hinabol nya sa tres area. crucial yun at muntik na sila matalo dahil doon.

cover JunMar at the low block and challenge the perimeter shooters - Santos, Ross, Lassiter, Cabagnot, Tubid

play 'honest hard help' defense always

stay humble and focus on the game, don't get bothered by non-calls of the referees and theatrics of the SMB players

get the 2nd W tonight

Ginebra did a good job in bottling up the Kraken. I just noticed in game 2 that when the Kraken was in the game, the SMB offense stagnated. They did not move as well when Fajardo is in the court, maybe, because of the constant and effective double teaming of Ginebra. The reason for this is Fajardo is the focal point of the San Miguel offense and when their main weapon gets jammed, so does the whole SMB offense. Ginebra should play solid basketball for 48 minutes and they should not be complacent because of a huge lead entering the third canto.

Be more aggressive in double teaming Jun Mar kada hawak nya ng bola, and keep the energy and intensity like nung game 2.

We will be seeing a lot more minutes for Kevin since hindi makakalaro si Jervy, I don't understand how Mariano played lately para wala sa focus unlike nung semi finals maganda laro nya.

Goodluck team! FTW!