Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Amid joyous scenes, Jaworski reminds Ginebra: 'You haven't achieved anything yet''

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/jaworski-congratulates-ginebra-then-brings-them-back-to-reality-after-game-7-win

“Congratulations but you haven’t achieved anything yet,” Jaworski said, reminding the team that it’s not yet the time to celebrate with the best-of-seven finals against top seed and clear favorite San Miguel starting in three days' time.

“You got to work hard and prepare,” he told the team. “Think of your opponent and analyze whatever you’re lacking and focus on that and look at their strong points and work against that.”

Jaworski also reminded the team that they should not be happy after reaching the finals for the second straight conference, saying its 'just a step closer (to the goal) but there’s so many step ahead you have to do.”

Turning to sportswriters inside the room, Jaworski said the finals will be tough to call.

Edited by photographer

Congrats Team!

If theres one thing in common dun sa matchup nung 2 pumasok na team sa Finals, its the coaches.

2 veteran proven champion coaches vs 2 rookie coaches sa semis at sa bagong teams.

That made the difference nung game 7. Kitang kita ang coaching advantage nung 2 (CTC and LA vs Nash and CV)

And sol mercado peak at the right time, during the playoffs. He is on fire right now.

Whats wrong with mariano bakit hindi pinaglalaro? I wonder. His contributions will be needed vs a loaded SMB team.

Chief photog, i expect to see your boy Jericho to have some playing time this Finals to guard the Kraken. And i hope he is up for that huge task.

My wishes came true so far;

> a game 7 series manila classico - check

> a win by BGSM - check

> an SMB vs BGSM Finals - check

Kahit sino manalo sa finals para sakin OK lang, especially SMB is going for a perpetual trophy (para matigil kayabangan ni Chup Reyes na sila lang ang nakagawa nun) my hopes are not that high for this one (just keeping it real).

But who knows? Lets see.. NSD

My final wish for this series - another 7 games, winner take all

Edited by daphne loves derby
  • Like (+1) 1

Congrats Team!

If theres one thing in common dun sa matchup nung 2 pumasok na team sa Finals, its the coaches.

2 veteran proven champion coaches vs 2 rookie coaches sa semis at sa bagong teams.

That made the difference nung game 7. Kitang kita ang coaching advantage nung 2 (CTC and LA vs Nash and CV)

And sol mercado peak at the right time, during the playoffs. He is on fire right now.

Whats wrong with mariano bakit hindi pinaglalaro? I wonder. His contributions will be needed vs a loaded SMB team.

Chief photog, i expect to see your boy Jericho to have some playing time this Finals to guard the Kraken. And i hope he is up for that huge task.

My wishes came true so far;

> a game 7 series manila classico - check

> a win by BGSM - check

> an SMB vs BGSM Finals - check

Kahit sino manalo sa finals para sakin OK lang, especially SMB is going for a perpetual trophy (para matigil kayabangan ni Chup Reyes na sila lang ang nakagawa nun) my hopes are not that high for this one (just keeping it real).

But who knows? Lets see.. NSD

My final wish for this series - another 7 games, winner take all

Ah Finals......................malabong mapasok si Jericho unless last two minutes and 20 ang lamang. Mga next conference na daw pakakawalan ni TC. Wala pa si Bobby J. nuong halftime pero after the game pumunta kami sa dugout and matagal nag usap si Bobby at si Jericho. Nagulat nga lang siya sa laki nuong bata.

• Like (+1) 1

Mga ka barangay, we're in the FINALS !!

Actually hinde ako sanay na lamang sa score ang GINEBRA natin, mas kina kabahan ako dun ;-) mas sanay ako na tayo ang nag hahabol and eventually winning the game...

Pero and ganda talaga ng laro, every time Star would make push, meron tayong sagot: mga block shot and steals on defense, at yung mga dagger 3's

So, kita kits @ PBA Cafe for game 1...

G I N E B R A !!

We have to thank Coach Frankie Lim who initiated the Sol Mercado-Joseph Yeo trade, telling fans that Sol is a two-way player. True enough, he's a mean defender on top of being a good slasher cum shooter.

That time kasi Joseph Yeo was playing great with BGK and Sol wasn't (was it with Globalport or Barako Bull?)

napakalamya dumipensa nung games 5 & 6 kaya inalis sa rotation ni Coach Tim...

sa current player rotation mukhang kaya ng BGK ang problem lng kpag maagang magfoul trouble sina japeth marcelo o jervy

lets see kung paglalaruin yung jericho o jamito

may 2 days pa para pagaralan pano mkontrol si Kraken.

We have to thank Coach Frankie Lim who initiated the Sol Mercado-Joseph Yeo trade, telling fans that Sol is a two-way player. True enough, he's a mean defender on top of being a good slasher cum shooter.

That time kasi Joseph Yeo was playing great with BGK and Sol wasn't (was it with Globalport or Barako Bull?)

sol proved me wrong on his defence... pero honestly, last conference and this conference ko lang nakita... good thing bumalik yung angas nya sa opensa... as for marcelo, i think cone had developed him too although lim had already his idea on how to utilise dave when he traded for him... at that time max bilib ako ke mamaril... bringing in experience that would have also reinforced greg and japeth...

i agree that the gins are reaping the benefits of those trades....

i have seen last conference on how the gins defended junmar (semis?)... kaya nila.... lalo na ngayon me jamito at de guzman sila.... although i think de guzman will be 'unleashed' next conference...

i hope the gins will win the all pinot cup para mag karoon sila ng perpetual trophy tulad ng tnt... :)