Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Don't expect Ginebra to be champions with the way they are playing last night stupid coaching and waste of talent.

The expectations are always there sir. Regardless of the lineup or the coach for the team, hndi naman mawawala yun. I'm just not setting it too high for now para lesser disappointments come playoff time. Baka lang kasi baliktad strategy nila ngayon: less pressure on the twin towers, then pukpok pagdating ng quarterfinals or semis.

will ginebra make it?....

your guess is as good as mine....

of course being a ginebra diehard i'd say yes kaya yan mag-champion...but then if we look at the performance of the team the last 4 games, we'll have to admit that it's gonna be hard to go all the way. let's be realistic about it. first game ginebra won in OT and if not for that 3 by ellis talo na...first game pa lang. 2nd win by ginebra last night against the winless globalport, hirap na hirap pa. while the effort of the veterans was there, i'm not sure whether rodgers is the right import for ginebra. true...he's a scorer, pero ang baba ng percentage. almost 50% of the shots taken by ginebra sa kanya na. di pa din pinapalitan si ato. as of now let's just keep our fingers crossed that ginebra at least enters the next phase. championship? wag munang isipin.

nagtataka lang ako kung bakit di pinagsasabay sina japeth, greg at rodgers? 4 games had passed, and i haven't seen these 3 play together...or have they? the way i see it ato prefers to play small ball...last night, ginebra played almost the entire game with 3 guards, caguioa, LA and urbiztondo or jayjay, caguioa and LA. kaya tuloy si greg nawala sa rotation. galing talaga ni urbiztondo...nagkalat na't lahat, pinaglaro pa din. sino kaya ang backer nito? :P :P :P

nagtataka lang ako kung bakit di pinagsasabay sina japeth, greg at rodgers? 4 games had passed, and i haven't seen these 3 play together...or have they? the way i see it ato prefers to play small ball...last night, ginebra played almost the entire game with 3 guards, caguioa, LA and urbiztondo or jayjay, caguioa and LA. kaya tuloy si greg nawala sa rotation. galing talaga ni urbiztondo...nagkalat na't lahat, pinaglaro pa din. sino kaya ang backer nito? :P :P :P

earlier, i posted na bka dapat they use the 'small ball' as an offensive option... ginebra was successful during siot and jong's time (not to mention na ito yung primary option ni jawo)....

1395495411[/url]' post='9203973']

earlier, i posted na bka dapat they use the 'small ball' as an offensive option... ginebra was successful during siot and jong's time (not to mention na ito yung primary option ni jawo)....

Well mas matindi ngayon !!!! They have the ever dependable urbiztondo to complete the small ball rotation....

• Like (+1) 1

Well mas matindi ngayon !!!! They have the ever dependable urbiztondo to complete the small ball rotation....

option lang..obviously it will not work kung macompromise ang depensa... for example ngayon conference na to, they got a smaller import kasi sabi nila they do not want to compromise the playing time ni japeth at greg... pero di naman nila pinagsasabay si japeth at greg (pagsabayin man ang dali lang)... di ko makuha logic nila....

ngayon, ang advantage nila si greg and japeth, why limit them plying together... anyways hindi ako ang coach hehehehe

option lang..obviously it will not work kung macompromise ang depensa... for example ngayon conference na to, they got a smaller import kasi sabi nila they do not want to compromise the playing time ni japeth at greg... pero di naman nila pinagsasabay si japeth at greg (pagsabayin man ang dali lang)... di ko makuha logic nila....

ngayon, ang advantage nila si greg and japeth, why limit them plying together... anyways hindi ako ang coach hehehehe

another sorry loss...and yes, where was greg during the 3rd quarter? and where was japeth during the 4th quarter? di na pinaglaro si japeth nung 4th quarter.. i'll say it again. without japeth and greg playing together, rebounding will always be compromised. how many offensive rebounds did TnT have? and i pose this question again? is rodgers the right fit for ginebra?

1395584322[/url]' post='9204919']

another sorry loss...and yes, where was greg during the 3rd quarter? and where was japeth during the 4th quarter? di na pinaglaro si japeth nung 4th quarter.. i'll say it again. without japeth and greg playing together, rebounding will always be compromised. how many offensive rebounds did TnT have? and i pose this question again? is rodgers the right fit for ginebra?

The answer is pretty obvious...the only thing rodgers brings to ginebra is his scoring "mentality" ...notice i use mentality instead of potential...look at his paltry shooting percentage...also walang depensa yan mga pre.... He cant jump high enough to block shots...and to slow to guard anyone...parang may black hole...nde na umiikot yun bola once rodgers got the ball eh...

Look at air21 ....witherspoon looks good on his first game...ganyan ang import na kelangan ng ginebra...can make the outside shots...so that you can use greg and japhet at the same time... Kaso mababawasan playing time ni ellis...speaking of ellis...parang nde din masyadong pinaglaro ng ginebra ....

The answer is pretty obvious...the only thing rodgers brings to ginebra is his scoring "mentality" ...notice i use mentality instead of potential...look at his paltry shooting percentage...also walang depensa yan mga pre.... He cant jump high enough to block shots...and to slow to guard anyone...parang may black hole...nde na umiikot yun bola once rodgers got the ball eh...

Look at air21 ....witherspoon looks good on his first game...ganyan ang import na kelangan ng ginebra...can make the outside shots...so that you can use greg and japhet at the same time... Kaso mababawasan playing time ni ellis...speaking of ellis...parang nde din masyadong pinaglaro ng ginebra ....

obviously once rodgers gets the ball ginebra's offense stops. you are correct my friend...sad to say rodgers doesn't have any defense. mas mabuti pa sigurong maglaro na lang ng all-pinoy ang ginebra. baka mas maganda pa ang kalalabasan. playing times of ellis, japeth and greg are being compromised. kita na sa mukha ng players ang frustration nila.

GINS is having problem with their rotational defense. Pag may screen and opponent start using switching most of the time chance point na kagad.

Plus, GINS doesn't need scorer import. They need hustle player who can get as many as possible 2nd chance points. Tsaka dapat yung barog sa depensa. as we all know lahat naman sa GINS scorer na e. The only missing part is defense, they have to work very hard on this.

Muntink sila sa Global Port, ang galing tumawag ng screen ng players plus the fact they know the switch when to come.