Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Magpapalit pa ng import instead na balasahin ang coaching system.. I think Mr. Rodgers is doing his job, the thing is kulang sa tulong ng mga locals at strategies from the coaching staff.. Hindi rin makakatulong si Freeman in the end at patuloy silang mache check, mapaghahandaan at mai scout ng ibang teams para makita ang loop holes on how to defeat them.

As i said in my previous post, kahit c lebron james p kuning import ng ginebra wala pa rin as long as hindi pinapalitan ang coach. Maaring manalo sa elims but sa playoffs, check pa rin lalo't si tim cone ang kalaban ni ato.

Hindi kaya talagang binubwisit ng management ang mga fans until the next season, then biglang palit ng coaching staff para kay Big J?

Napansin ko lang, hindi naman kasi talaga SG ang laro ni Ellis pilit syang inilalagay dun. Hindi ba naman isa't kalahating timang ang coaching staff eh. Tingin ko, makikita lang natin sa playing court si JFlight hangga't injured si Mac45. Otherwise, bench as usual sya.

Anywho, my friend referred me to a facebook page managed directly by the Jaworski family. So, given that I'm one frustrated fan, I sent a message. And I got a response from them in less than an hour. Try natin dito magrequest na sya na lang ang magcoach, baka sakali lang.

https://www.facebook.com/JaworskiOfficial

as promised i tried writing a short note on this FB page...and below is the reply that i just got.

Thank you for your message. I will relay this message to Coach RSJ. Yes, indeed the call of the public is overwhelming. But at this point and time, the ball is not in our hands. There have been no formal talks or discussions regarding a coaching position in GSM. No offers have been made, so it really isn't our decision. If it is God's will, it will happen. Thank you for your undying support.

Best regards,

Admin RMJ

as promised i tried writing a short note on this FB page...and below is the reply that i just got.

Thank you for your message. I will relay this message to Coach RSJ. Yes, indeed the call of the public is overwhelming. But at this point and time, the ball is not in our hands. There have been no formal talks or discussions regarding a coaching position in GSM. No offers have been made, so it really isn't our decision. If it is God's will, it will happen. Thank you for your undying support.

Best regards,

Admin RMJ

mabilis ang responde nila. Maganda yan.

I don't remember number 11 and number 15. Si Chito medyo payat pa. There was a time Leo Isaac rode the bench. Si Mike Advani bangko talaga.

Si mama mamaril ba yung 11 at si roger buhay yung 15? si ed ducut katabi ni terry?

Edited by numina

As i said in my previous post, kahit c lebron james p kuning import ng ginebra wala pa rin as long as hindi pinapalitan ang coach. Maaring manalo sa elims but sa playoffs, check pa rin lalo't si tim cone ang kalaban ni ato.

kelangan ng matinding pang-tapat kay tim cone kasi ibang level ang nilalaro ng san mig coffee mixers ngayon. dapat yung pwedeng mag-mold sa bgk as a team kasi all the materials are in the line-up already. sayang naunahan na ang bgk ng knicks kay phil jackson. baka pwede si jerry sloan dating jazz coach, wala naman yata syang team ngayon. whoever, i remember what chot reyes said before, neither the best coach nor the best players become champions but only the best team.

I beg to disagree on the lebron as import comment...i dont think even coach tim can check lebron...sa nba nga nde na sya macontain dito pa...also i dont think youll need a cone or black as a coach pag si lebron ang import...kahit si richie ticzon pwede na...:)

If youre looking for another jawo...maybe coach yeng can fill the shoes?? Look at RoS...their play style reminds me of the ginebra/anejo of old...rugged no nonsense defense ika nga ni smokin joe...

BIZ BUZZ

Ginebra play

By the staff

Philippine Daily Inquirer

1:09 am | Wednesday, March 19th, 2014

Shares of conglomerate San Miguel Corp., which have long lagged PSEi peers during the recent run-up, have rebounded by 26.8 percent in the last two trading days. So what’s brewing in SMC? Stock dealers cite a play ahead of the company’s March 27 investors’ briefing on its 2013 annual results. Some say prices are catching up with the company’s net asset value of more than P100 a share. There was likewise speculation in the market that hard liquor unit Ginebra San Miguel will soon be up for grabs, which market sources say would be logical given the strong investor appetite for branded consumer businesses.

Asked about what he thinks of SMC’s run-up, company president Ramon Ang said the market could only be digesting the impact of SMC’s recent asset sale. “(It’s) maybe due to profit from Meralco,” he said in a text message Tuesday.

In January, Ang said SMC might post a P57-billion net profit in 2013, double the level in the previous year, due to extraordinary gains from the sale of its interest in Manila Electric Co.

On whether SMC was considering offers for Ginebra, Ang said: “I think it’s not yet in the agenda for the March board meeting.”

The operative word is “yet.” Doris C. Dumlao

sarap lang basahin..

THE BIRTH OF "NEVER SAY DIE"

Robert Jaworski has become synonymous with the “Never Say Die” spirit, which in turn has become synonymous with his old team, Ginebra. But while Jaworski enjoyed fame in the PBA from his days as a stalwart of Toyota, one night in 1985 cemented his legend forever.

It was a game between Ginebra against the Northern Consolidated Corporation (NCC) guest team in the semifinals of the 1985 Reinforced Conference.

Jaworski led the Ginebra charge, which also featured his best buddy Francis Arnaiz, former Toyota teammates Arnie Tuadles and Ricky Relosa, and their rebound demon of an import Michael Hackett, among others.

American coach Ron Jacobs, meanwhile, mentored the youthful NCC team, which featured naturalized frontcourt pillars Dennis Still and Jeff Moore – a third naturalized player, sharpshooter Chip Engelland, wasn’t allowed by the PBA to suit up for NCC that conference – as well as amateur standouts Hector Calma, Samboy Lim, Allan Caidic, Yves Dignadice, Elmer Reyes, and Franz Pumaren.

When the game began, NCC played with precision, as usual, working on set plays anchored on Calma’s quarterbacking. Ginebra, on the other hand, was your typical run-and-gun team, who became prone to several errors.

Jaworski, then playing coach for the Gins, usually fielded himself at the start of the second quarter, this game not being an exception. But NCC remained in control even after Jaworski entered the court.

Midway through the second period, Jaworski’s lips ran smack into Jeff Moore’s elbow, cutting and bloodying the Big J’s kisser. Ginebra fans turned silent, as they worried about losing not just the team’s playing coach, but its undisputed leader. Jaworski had to be brought to nearby Medical City’s emergency room to get stitches on his lips.

A pall of gloom engulfed the ULTRA as NCC piled up the points and established a huge margin. Without Jaworski, there was nobody to provide direction and leadership to a rudderless Gins team. Moore was dominant, Still controlled the boards, Caidic was scorching from the outside, Lim had an easy time penetrating the lanes, and Calma took control. By the end of the 3rd quarter, hopes of a Ginebra comeback were slim as the Gins played lackadaisically.

Then the unthinkable happened. Fans roared after seeing Jaworski return to the bench and take off his jacket, even with a bandage covering the seven stitches on his lips. They grew even wilder when Jaworski fielded himself in with just under eight minutes to go in the game. By then, NCC had established a decisive 15-point advantage with no sign of losing control. At least not until the Big J came in.

Jaworski took over the point guard chores for the Gins, and took command of the game. He didn’t score much, ending up with only 3 points, but it was his quarterbacking, leadership and the immense motivation and inspiration that propelled Ginebra to fight back.

Suddenly, Ginebra found it easy to score. NCC, known for its poise and mental toughness, became unusually rattled as the decibels mounted, while the crowd egged the Gins on. Like every Ginebra rally we’ve come to know, they ran, played physical defense, and made not just outside shots but ‘miracle shots’ as well. They slowly chipped off the lead while Ron Jacobs frantically called one timeout after another to regroup his squad.

But there was no stopping the Gins. The tide of momentum had swayed to their favor. Suddenly, Caidic’s guns fell silent, the defense kept Lim from slicing the lanes, and Calma couldn’t re-establish control, while Still and Moore couldn’t hold off Hackett inside.

Ginebra ended up winning the game, 101-97. In the post-game interview, Ron Jacobs shook his head, almost in admiration, for how the Big J re-ignited his team to victory.

I would argue that this game catapulted Jaworski to his demi-god status, making him the most popular player in Philippine basketball history.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/jaworski-files-the-birth-of-never-say-die

sarap lang basahin..

THE BIRTH OF "NEVER SAY DIE"

Robert Jaworski has become synonymous with the “Never Say Die” spirit, which in turn has become synonymous with his old team, Ginebra. But while Jaworski enjoyed fame in the PBA from his days as a stalwart of Toyota, one night in 1985 cemented his legend forever.

It was a game between Ginebra against the Northern Consolidated Corporation (NCC) guest team in the semifinals of the 1985 Reinforced Conference.

Jaworski led the Ginebra charge, which also featured his best buddy Francis Arnaiz, former Toyota teammates Arnie Tuadles and Ricky Relosa, and their rebound demon of an import Michael Hackett, among others.

American coach Ron Jacobs, meanwhile, mentored the youthful NCC team, which featured naturalized frontcourt pillars Dennis Still and Jeff Moore – a third naturalized player, sharpshooter Chip Engelland, wasn’t allowed by the PBA to suit up for NCC that conference – as well as amateur standouts Hector Calma, Samboy Lim, Allan Caidic, Yves Dignadice, Elmer Reyes, and Franz Pumaren.

When the game began, NCC played with precision, as usual, working on set plays anchored on Calma’s quarterbacking. Ginebra, on the other hand, was your typical run-and-gun team, who became prone to several errors.

Jaworski, then playing coach for the Gins, usually fielded himself at the start of the second quarter, this game not being an exception. But NCC remained in control even after Jaworski entered the court.

Midway through the second period, Jaworski’s lips ran smack into Jeff Moore’s elbow, cutting and bloodying the Big J’s kisser. Ginebra fans turned silent, as they worried about losing not just the team’s playing coach, but its undisputed leader. Jaworski had to be brought to nearby Medical City’s emergency room to get stitches on his lips.

A pall of gloom engulfed the ULTRA as NCC piled up the points and established a huge margin. Without Jaworski, there was nobody to provide direction and leadership to a rudderless Gins team. Moore was dominant, Still controlled the boards, Caidic was scorching from the outside, Lim had an easy time penetrating the lanes, and Calma took control. By the end of the 3rd quarter, hopes of a Ginebra comeback were slim as the Gins played lackadaisically.

Then the unthinkable happened. Fans roared after seeing Jaworski return to the bench and take off his jacket, even with a bandage covering the seven stitches on his lips. They grew even wilder when Jaworski fielded himself in with just under eight minutes to go in the game. By then, NCC had established a decisive 15-point advantage with no sign of losing control. At least not until the Big J came in.

Jaworski took over the point guard chores for the Gins, and took command of the game. He didn’t score much, ending up with only 3 points, but it was his quarterbacking, leadership and the immense motivation and inspiration that propelled Ginebra to fight back.

Suddenly, Ginebra found it easy to score. NCC, known for its poise and mental toughness, became unusually rattled as the decibels mounted, while the crowd egged the Gins on. Like every Ginebra rally we’ve come to know, they ran, played physical defense, and made not just outside shots but ‘miracle shots’ as well. They slowly chipped off the lead while Ron Jacobs frantically called one timeout after another to regroup his squad.

But there was no stopping the Gins. The tide of momentum had swayed to their favor. Suddenly, Caidic’s guns fell silent, the defense kept Lim from slicing the lanes, and Calma couldn’t re-establish control, while Still and Moore couldn’t hold off Hackett inside.

Ginebra ended up winning the game, 101-97. In the post-game interview, Ron Jacobs shook his head, almost in admiration, for how the Big J re-ignited his team to victory.

I would argue that this game catapulted Jaworski to his demi-god status, making him the most popular player in Philippine basketball history.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/jaworski-files-the-birth-of-never-say-die

reading this article gave me the goosebump...sarap talagang basahin. sad to say this is what the present ginebra lineup doesn't have - the never-say-die spirit which the big j instilled in his team. to make matters worse, the coaching staff cannot even seem to motivate the players to bring out their best for the fans.

I beg to disagree on the lebron as import comment...i dont think even coach tim can check lebron...sa nba nga nde na sya macontain dito pa...also i dont think youll need a cone or black as a coach pag si lebron ang import...kahit si richie ticzon pwede na...:)

If youre looking for another jawo...maybe coach yeng can fill the shoes?? Look at RoS...their play style reminds me of the ginebra/anejo of old...rugged no nonsense defense ika nga ni smokin joe...

Bro i guess u are taking the comment on Lebron literally. We all know it will not happen. Exags example may bring out the real problem of the team. Anyways i respect your opinion. PEACE...

mvp's nlex has already submitted a letter of intent to the pba board expressing interest to join the liga ng bayan.

yep.. i know... its just a 'what if' thing... and i think it is the easier route buying an existing team than buying a new franchise..

anyway, about the game tonight, it was the longest 40 secs hehehe buti na lang nanalo

Edited by numina

It was nice to see The Fast and The Furious lead the team like before. And those are the two people that people say that should already take the backseat. IMHO, without JJ hitting those threes in the first, we would've lost last night's game. Tska ung inbounding, nagmumukhang complicated for them.

Don't expect Ginebra to be champions with the way they are playing last night stupid coaching and waste of talent.

Don't expect Ginebra to be champions with the way they are playing last night stupid coaching and waste of talent.

The expectations are always there sir. Regardless of the lineup or the coach for the team, hndi naman mawawala yun. I'm just not setting it too high for now para lesser disappointments come playoff time. Baka lang kasi baliktad strategy nila ngayon: less pressure on the twin towers, then pukpok pagdating ng quarterfinals or semis.