Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

it was just too big a lead to overcome. but kings gave it a try...sayang nga lang kinapos na naman.

They even led by 2 pts in the 4th quarter, i recall...

Kinapos lang tlga sa execution...

Labagala was impressive... halos di makaporma si Alapag pag binabantayan nya... I have to admit, Uichico got a good pick in him... I think he's more impressive than all the hype John Wilson is getting...

They even led by 2 pts in the 4th quarter, i recall...

Kinapos lang tlga sa execution...

Labagala was impressive... halos di makaporma si Alapag pag binabantayan nya... I have to admit, Uichico got a good pick in him... I think he's more impressive than all the hype John Wilson is getting...

saan ba nanggaling itong labagala? honestly, i really haven't heard about him. maybe a little more playing time and we'll be able to see his real potential.

saan ba nanggaling itong labagala? honestly, i really haven't heard about him. maybe a little more playing time and we'll be able to see his real potential.

Former UE Red Warrior, teammate ni Bonbon Custodio kung tama yung naalala ko.

A "good" Point guard during his UAAP days, a very scrappy player, kung may ikukumpara akong player sa kanya, I would say similar sya kay Paul Artadi, mas magaling lang ng kaunti si Artadi.

Edited by Sl@MDuNk_Mitsui14

A "good" Point guard during his UAAP days, a very scrappy player, kung may ikukumpara akong player sa kanya, I would say similar sya kay Paul Artadi, mas magaling lang ng kaunti si Artadi.

Good comparison. I agree with this one... This guy has got to get more minutes, rather than force the issue with Willie Miller playing the point. Miller is better when he's at the shooting guard position, not the point.

Alaska pull off their punches against Air21 last night just so to avoid BGK in the quarters (...just my opinion 'though)

they pulled their punches alright but not for that reason.

Hindi magtatapat ang Aces at BGK dahil sa win over the other rule. Since nanalo ang alaska (via LA Tenorio's buzzer beater), magiging mas mataas ang rank nila sa BGK.

However, sa pagkatalo ng Alaska ito ang nangyari:

•  
  • BGK (by virtue of quotient) is now #3, whereas Aces is #4
  • Llamados are eliminated. Llamados would have higher quotient over Air21 kung natalo ang Air21

Llamados is by far, the more dangerous team over Air21 or RoS. Ginawang mas madali ng Alaka ang kalaban for both BGK and themselves by eliminating Llamados.

Also, this means if they survive the quarters (which is a likelihood), ang makakatapat nila is ung #1 team - TnT.

At ang nagaabang sa BGK after RoS? Smart-Gilas.

Ngayon, sino ang mas nakaka-gimbal na kalaban, Gilas or TnT?

they pulled their punches alright but not for that reason.

Hindi magtatapat ang Aces at BGK dahil sa win over the other rule. Since nanalo ang alaska (via LA Tenorio's buzzer beater), magiging mas mataas ang rank nila sa BGK.

However, sa pagkatalo ng Alaska ito ang nangyari:

•  
  • BGK (by virtue of quotient) is now #3, whereas Aces is #4
  • Llamados are eliminated. Llamados would have higher quotient over Air21 kung natalo ang Air21

Llamados is by far, the more dangerous team over Air21 or RoS. Ginawang mas madali ng Alaka ang kalaban for both BGK and themselves by eliminating Llamados.

Also, this means if they survive the quarters (which is a likelihood), ang makakatapat nila is ung #1 team - TnT.

At ang nagaabang sa BGK after RoS? Smart-Gilas.

Ngayon, sino ang mas nakaka-gimbal na kalaban, Gilas or TnT?

History-wise, BGK owns TnT in the playoffs (ever since they were Mobiline)...

How many times have BGK upset TnT in the past couple of playoffs that they are matched against each other?

BGK's game changes come playoff time. Which, they can use to their advantage against Smart Gilas. It's true that SG is prepared to face international teams that makes them the underdog in most games, but this is the PBA. It's different when you're playing against your own countrymen.

For me? I'm guessing that BGK wins over RoS. BGK over SG in 6 games.

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

^^

Brod, best of 5 lang pala ang semis, best of 3 ang quarters: 2011 COMMISSIONER’S CUP FORMAT

This is assuming, na manalo nga over BGK sa RoS (sana 2 straight games).

I would agree, coming up against SG, BGK's biggest advantage is their ability to change their game-style in a series.

However, SG, since its inception is trained on one thing only, shock and awe, regardless kung sino kalaban. Para bang one size fits all.

So meaning, hindi sila sanay to adjust sa PBA teams. Admitted, naman si Toroman, sobrang lakas ang nagagawa ng scouting sa PBA.

Since, BGK thread ito. BGK in 5.

Assuming, of course, matalo nga nila si hambog na kalbo.

^^

Brod, best of 5 lang pala ang semis, best of 3 ang quarters: 2011 COMMISSIONER’S CUP FORMAT

This is assuming, na manalo nga over BGK sa RoS (sana 2 straight games).

I would agree, coming up against SG, BGK's biggest advantage is their ability to change their game-style in a series.

However, SG, since its inception is trained on one thing only, shock and awe, regardless kung sino kalaban. Para bang one size fits all.

So meaning, hindi sila sanay to adjust sa PBA teams. Admitted, naman si Toroman, sobrang lakas ang nagagawa ng scouting sa PBA.

Since, BGK thread ito. BGK in 5.

Assuming, of course, matalo nga nila si hambog na kalbo.

BGK would have it easier against RoS than if they faced Air21, that's for sure.

Toroman himself agrees that ibang iba ang playing style ng PBA compared to the competitions that SG has participated upon in the past... It's true that Douhit is the tallest of imports right now, but it doesn't mean he can't be stopped. Triple teaming him or sealing away the passers usually does the job against a tall opponent.

And there's the usual story of someone from BGK who always steps up their game a notch higher when it's the playoffs. Example, Cortez did wonders for the team last season against SMB in the semis... Intal was unstoppable 2 seasons ago against TnT. So it's very likely that someone will play his best game this coming playoffs for the BGK.

So far so good for BGK that they haven't had their injuries re-occuring (knock on wood). It's only JJ13 and EVillanueva that's out for the rest of the season. The rest seems to be A-Ok.

It's not gonna be easy against RoS, but you'll have to admit... Brumfield is the better import, and BGK has more threats than RoS.

magaling sa depensa si labagala. hindi nga lang masyado nagamit dahil kay artadi at arnold booker.

I remember a game of UE, nasira ang sapatos ni artadi at kay labagala siya humiram ng sapatos,

which was caught by the camera. hehe! :lol: :lol:

i asked a friend with a tshirt biz to make me this one..i'll be wearing this one if by chance BGK reaches the finals! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/lemuelntalosig/Misc/BigJ.jpg

Nice shirt boss... How much to order?

magaling sa depensa si labagala. hindi nga lang masyado nagamit dahil kay artadi at arnold booker.

I remember a game of UE, nasira ang sapatos ni artadi at kay labagala siya humiram ng sapatos,

which was caught by the camera. hehe! :lol: :lol:

Siguro naman ngayon na maraming naimpress sa kanya, ipapasok sya ng mas madalas ni Uichico? ;)