Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Late but just the same, Merry Christmas sa mga fellow Ginebra fans..

aside from bgk, another team (ALASKA) is also showing interest on Chris Alexander... still, bgk has the right of first refusal.. pag di kinuha ng bgk si alexander, alaska might get his services. kaya kailangan talaga pagisipan ng bgk yan.

Jong mag-isip isip ka..

Edited by Agent_mulder

wala pa bang balita sa magiging import ng kings? will it be alexander again?

JONG UICHICO: We hope to name an import early next week. Mga JANUARY 9 at the latest. Kasi 11 practice na kami ulit. We have 4 choices including Chris Alexander. but still, We want to explore our options.

JONG UICHICO: January 8 ang tentative return ni RUDY HATFIELD. Yes, he will play na ulit. He will stay na unlike before.

JONG UICHICO: We hope to name an import early next week. Mga JANUARY 9 at the latest. Kasi 11 practice na kami ulit. We have 4 choices including Chris Alexander. but still, We want to explore our options.

JONG UICHICO: January 8 ang tentative return ni RUDY HATFIELD. Yes, he will play na ulit. He will stay na unlike before.

Sana nga.

hindi ko alam kung matutuwa ako o maiinis.. pakibasa na lang dito

Surely Ginebra needs another scoring option, pero si Alexander bukod sa rebounding, shot blocking at intimidation factor can also score.

hindi ko alam kung matutuwa ako o maiinis.. pakibasa na lang dito

Surely Ginebra needs another scoring option, pero si Alexander bukod sa rebounding, shot blocking at intimidation factor can also score.

this might disappoint the BGK fans... but maybe we'll see Chris Alexander suiting up for another team..

But Alexander may find himself playing elsewhere after the Gin Kings passed up the opportunity of getting his services.

“He was disappointed. He even posted his frustrations on his Facebook account,” Reyes explained.

But Reyes, the only recognized lady agent in the PBA today, said that her ward may find himself playing for another PBA team.

“Ginebra’s Allan Caidic has given me approval that if Chris Alexander gets a contract from another team, he will be released,” added Reyes.

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/insideSports.htm?f=2012%2Fjanuary%2F5%2Fsports4.isx&d=2012%2Fjanuary%2F5

this might disappoint the BGK fans... but maybe we'll see Chris Alexander suiting up for another team..

But Alexander may find himself playing elsewhere after the Gin Kings passed up the opportunity of getting his services.

“He was disappointed. He even posted his frustrations on his Facebook account,” Reyes explained.

But Reyes, the only recognized lady agent in the PBA today, said that her ward may find himself playing for another PBA team.

“Ginebra’s Allan Caidic has given me approval that if Chris Alexander gets a contract from another team, he will be released,” added Reyes.

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/insideSports.htm?f=2012%2Fjanuary%2F5%2Fsports4.isx&d=2012%2Fjanuary%2F5

very disappointing indeed. having led the gin kings to the championship, alexander is a tried and tested import...a scorer, rebounder and shot blocker, something ginebra lacks. i do hope the coaching staff will not regret this move.

very disappointing indeed. having led the gin kings to the championship, alexander is a tried and tested import...a scorer, rebounder and shot blocker, something ginebra lacks. i do hope the coaching staff will not regret this move.

If they pass on the opportunity in getting the services of Alexander and he ends up with another they might as well kiss their chances good bye.

mga kabarangay.. pakiconfirm naman kng sino may mapagkakatiwalaan source kng totoo na CA44 is back for ginebra..

NoliEala Noli Eala

Ginebra was actually looking at 3 other imports - Earl Baron, Dwayne Jones and Melvin Ely. Finally,coaches decided based on best chemistry.

I'm glad Kings fans appreciate that mgmt considered very good imports for Ginebra. My personal choice is Ely. But let's see. Melvin Ely is 33. Very experienced 9yr NBA vet. Played for US Team also.

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the love and support from everyone in the Philippines. Never knew how much I was loved there. I will work hard and do my best to bring the championship back. I never said die and I never will. Thanks again to all of you guys and see you soon. Thanks to the whole coaching staff and I will see all of you soon

- Chris Alexander

confirmed na po... contract nalang kulang.

If they pass on the opportunity in getting the services of Alexander and he ends up with another they might as well kiss their chances good bye.

that is what i am afraid of...if alexander plays for another team and leads it to the championship like what he did with ginebra before. napakasakit tiyak yan.

Eight-time PBA champion coach Jong Uichico has left the SMC Group to join the Smart Gilas Pilipinas.

“With a heavy heart, we are sending coach Jong Uichico to the Philippine men’s basketball team because we feel that the national team is in need of someone like him to improve its performance in international tournaments,” said Ginebra San Miguel Inc. president Bernie Marquez.

“It is the national interest at stake here and we believe that the Philippines will be very fortunate to get the services of a coach with the intelligence and experience of Jong,” Marquez added.

Uichico shared head coaching post with Siot Tanquingcen at Ginebra before leaving the SMC Group.

Uichico joined Chot Reyes, Ryan Gregorio and Norman Black at Smart Gilas.

B-Meg coach Tim Cone, mentor of the Philippine Centennial team that bagged the bronze medal in the 1998 Bangkok Asian Games, has also been invited.

Serbian mentor Rajko Toroman has been scratched from the list.

Uichico severed his ties with SMC after being with the giant group for over 20 years.

The former national youth and national men’s player first served as assistant coach to Black at San Miguel in 1991.

He later assumed the head coaching position, having his first championship in the 1999 Commissioner’s Cup. He made it back-to-back championships by also winning the succeeding Governors Cup.

He won four more crowns for SMB before being moved over to Barangay Ginebra, the most popular PBA team that he handed two titles.

Well, the void in the center is now filled. Locals need to step up bigtime.

Tama, bagay d'yan ang nakita kong placard ng isang Ginebra fan noon "kumpleto na, laban na, Ginebra na!" sorry guys can't help but reminisce the good old days noong andoon pa si Jawo hehe

Well, the void in the center is now filled. Locals need to step up bigtime.

Tama, bagay d'yan ang nakita kong placard ng isang Ginebra fan noon "kumpleto na, laban na, Ginebra na!" sorry guys can't help but reminisce the good old days noong andoon pa si Jawo hehe