• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

eto pa:

Tim Cone admits move from Star to Ginebra 'possible:' 'I serve at the pleasure of Mr. Ang'

TIM Cone on Thursday broke his silence on his reported move from Star to sister team Barangay Ginebra, saying it is 'possible' while making it clear he has not been informed of any such plans.

Talk has been going around for weeks that the most successful coach in history will be tasked by San Miguel Corp. management to pump life back into a Ginebra team that has not won a championship in eight seasons.

That would lead to the departure of current Ginebra coach Frankie Lim after just one conference in charge and a vacancy at Star which, although not yet official, was supposed to be filled by Jason Webb.

Speaking to Spin.ph from Las Vegas where he is on a scouting trip in the NBA Summer League, Cone said he has not been in touch with management and therefore not informed of any such move.

"The Ginebra rumors? I'm in the US scouting the NBA Summer League and so I have not been communicating with management," said Cone, who led Purefoods (now Star) to a first grand slam two seasons ago.

"If there are discussions of that, I've not been informed," he added.

Asked if SMB management can transfer him to Ginebra without his consent since he is under contract with Star, Cone said he isn't sure but made it clear he will follow any directive from SMC top honcho Ramon S. Ang.

"I serve at the pleasure of the president, Mr. Ang, and I'll follow whatever direction he chooses," said Cone. "It's possible, but nothing has been said to me."

Cone indicated he expects the situation to clear up when he returns on July 21.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/tim-cone-speaks-up-on-move-from-star-to-purefoods-ramon-ang-pba-san-miguel-corp#CvFMO7dI2AROsXxP.99

• Like (+1) 2

eto pa:

Tim Cone admits move from Star to Ginebra 'possible:' 'I serve at the pleasure of Mr. Ang'

TIM Cone on Thursday broke his silence on his reported move from Star to sister team Barangay Ginebra, saying it is 'possible' while making it clear he has not been informed of any such plans.

Talk has been going around for weeks that the most successful coach in history will be tasked by San Miguel Corp. management to pump life back into a Ginebra team that has not won a championship in eight seasons.

That would lead to the departure of current Ginebra coach Frankie Lim after just one conference in charge and a vacancy at Star which, although not yet official, was supposed to be filled by Jason Webb.

Speaking to Spin.ph from Las Vegas where he is on a scouting trip in the NBA Summer League, Cone said he has not been in touch with management and therefore not informed of any such move.

"The Ginebra rumors? I'm in the US scouting the NBA Summer League and so I have not been communicating with management," said Cone, who led Purefoods (now Star) to a first grand slam two seasons ago.

"If there are discussions of that, I've not been informed," he added.

Asked if SMB management can transfer him to Ginebra without his consent since he is under contract with Star, Cone said he isn't sure but made it clear he will follow any directive from SMC top honcho Ramon S. Ang.

"I serve at the pleasure of the president, Mr. Ang, and I'll follow whatever direction he chooses," said Cone. "It's possible, but nothing has been said to me."

Cone indicated he expects the situation to clear up when he returns on July 21.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/tim-cone-speaks-up-on-move-from-star-to-purefoods-ramon-ang-pba-san-miguel-corp#CvFMO7dI2AROsXxP.99

if this is true, will this be the turnaround ginebra has been waiting for? abangan natin ito mga ka-barangay.

ayos chief...pero yung gitnang litrato parang alanganin ako diyan eh tsk tsk tsk ibigay na lang natin sa mga mas bata yan...maybe from the rookie class.

oo nga bro, isa din kasi sa rumor yung paglipat ng isang star player ng hotshots sa GSM, pero ang naririnig ko nga dati eh si Ian Sangalang. mas okay sana kung during the prime of Caguioa at Jame Yap eh pinagsama na sila ng SMC. sigurado madami silang papahirapang Teams nyan. so far let's wait and see muna tayo, sa July 21 daw ang announcement. very interesting din if ever si Tim Cone na ang magiging coach ng GSM, sino kaya sa PBA draft ang pipiliin nya. :unsure:

Edited by dinibdib

oo nga bro, isa din kasi sa rumor yung paglipat ng isang star player ng hotshots sa GSM, pero ang naririnig ko nga dati eh si Ian Sangalang. mas okay sana kung during the prime of Caguioa at Jame Yap eh pinagsama na sila ng SMC. sigurado madami silang papahirapang Teams nyan. so far let's wait and see muna tayo, sa July 21 daw ang announcement. very interesting din if ever si Tim Cone na ang magiging coach ng GSM, sino kaya sa PBA draft ang pipiliin nya. :unsure:

exciting developments indeed chief...ito ang talagang dapat abangan. if rumor is true that it will be tim cone, then i don't think lanete will be the pick of ginebra. as far as i know, tim cone wants tall, fast and mobile players...someone in the mold of joe devance. pero abangan natin kung si coach tim na nga para sa ginebra.

The player to be moved over is rumored to be PJ Simon.

and who will be the player from bgk to be swapped chief? may balita ba?

• Like (+1) 1

Langyang MVP Camp to dupang talaga:

Talk 'N Text negotiating to get KIA's No. 2 draft pick in three-team PBA trade involving Kevin Alas

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/trade-talk-n-text-eyeing-kia-no-2-pba-rookie-draft-pick-in-kevin-alas-three-team-trade-tautuaa-rosario-troyvillanueva-nlex#cVcw4dXtbrMVzyOP.99

precisely what i wrote in the pba thread. alas for the no. 2 pick? this no. 2 pick could either be roasrio, tautua or even rayray if he decides to join the draft. anong kabulastugan ito? paging commissioner...alam mo na ang gagawin mo dito :P

sorry po OT...i just had to respond to this. para di naman OT, ito pa isang nabasa ko.

http://hoops.ph/brgy-ginebra-star-revamps-in-the-offing/

precisely what i wrote in the pba thread. alas for the no. 2 pick? this no. 2 pick could either be roasrio, tautua or even rayray if he decides to join the draft. anong kabulastugan ito? paging commissioner...alam mo na ang gagawin mo dito :P

sorry po OT...i just had to respond to this. para di naman OT, ito pa isang nabasa ko.

http://hoops.ph/brgy-ginebra-star-revamps-in-the-offing/

I kinda expected this...i have this feeling na TnT will do everything para makakuha ng 2 players from this draft...mukhang gagawin nya lahat para sa 2nd draft pick to improve their lineup.....kasi sa susunod na mga draft baka mahirapan na sila...just imagine makuha nga nila tatuaa and rosario agad...

Kaya nga yun draft pick ni kia sana makuha ng ibang teams nlang...

PJ simon....much better na rin kesa kay big james kung malipat sa ginebra....

Mukhang may sign na magpapadraft si rayray ah.... Nagkakagulo sila sa 2nd and 3rd round draft picks eh

his manager say hindi daw sya magpapadraft though matagal pa yung deadline

Cuban likes Rayray so bka maisama sa Mavs D-League Team

on Ginebra another coaching shakeup

dko maintindihan kung mgagalak ako o maaasar nnman sa SMC Management...

ginagawang eksperimento ang BGK sa Coaching.