Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

another proof of "nap gutierrez" style of reporting by snow badua..

ang hilig talaga mag pauso at mag papansin

http://hoops.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/oie_wrjGhwvO5ik7.jpg

MANILA – New Ginebra coach Frankie Lim is pushing the Gin Kings with short but intense practices as he wants to prepare them for high octane, run-and-gun style that they will use for the upcoming 2015 PBA Governors’ Cup.

“I find it exciting,” Lim said during ANC’s “Hardball” on Monday about the run-and-gun game. “Sabi ko, if we have the fans as your Sixth Man, I want them excited also.”

“I want to put a great game for them, so we can run. But we have to practice running,” he added. “We have to do it little by little.”

Thus, he has asked his players to push themselves hard in practice, especially veterans like Mark Caguioa and JayJay Helterbrand. Lim says both guards have been responding well.

“Mark is really pushing himself. I just spoke to him last Saturday, I told him, ‘You have to be in tip-top shape. We’re gonna run, and you’re gonna be tired’,” he said.

“‘So you and JayJay have to be in shape and stay away from injuries,'” Lim added. “LA (Tenorio) is another guy who plays well in practice.”

Lim is also happy about what he is seeing from big man Greg Slaughter so far.

“Slaughter’s game has changed,” he said. “Another big is (Rodney) Brondial. He was seldom used last conference, but he’s practicing very well.”

Lim, a multi-titled coach with San Beda, has set the championship as the goal for Ginebra in the Governors’ Cup, and acknowledges that it will be a tall task. But he is encouraged by what he is seeing from his players and hopes the fans will appreciate their work as well.

“I think they’re hopeful,” Lim said of the Gin Kings. “Every time you have a new coach, you see what’s going in practice. They respond very well. My practices are short, but high in intensity.”

“They get tired, and they know how hard practice is, so sabi ko, kailangan pa-kundisyon tayo. I want you guys to enjoy playing, and I want our fans to enjoy watching you guys,” he added. –

so we will still see a lot of mc47 and JJ in Frankie Lim's style huh? how about checking their defense? its not their offense that should be checked but their poor defense specially JJ

so we will still see a lot of mc47 and JJ in Frankie Lim's style huh? how about checking their defense? its not their offense that should be checked but their poor defense specially JJ

cnabi mo pa... mdaming instances na naiiwan sa picknroll... hirap na rin makipagsabayan sa bilis kpag transition defense...

pero ang bilis kapag sa opensa hehehe...

sa tingin ko lalong dadalang laro ng dlawa kung mtutuloy ang 2 import ng BGK

Alang binanggit about japhet ah...nde man lang sinabi ni lim...if we"re gonna see a meaner and tougher aguilar....

And

Snow " nap guittierez" strikes again lolol. Bwiset!

Greg's game has changed, Brondial's game also changed but japeth's game will be the same lol....

No improvement yet for japeth, coach frankie sees that, if japeth was not performing well there is another guy working very harder, this is the time for brondial to prove that he can play also basketball, not a player of a chess lol.

I am expecting brondial to become the team's defensive anchor... si japeth is more of an offensive option pero he is a headcase in terms of throwing tantrums sa court... i must admit na hindi ako bilib sa kanya.... he should concentrate more sa game...

The good thing is that, sa tingin ko, they ca play at the same time defende sa strategy ni coach.... japeth can play 3 or 4 while brondial can play 4....lalo na sa all pinoy

Pwede rin pag nagpapahinga si greg and they wanted to go small....

Anyway, sana matapos na tong bor8ng na finals para back to regular programming na agad LOL!

I am expecting brondial to become the team's defensive anchor... si japeth is more of an offensive option pero he is a headcase in terms of throwing tantrums sa court... i must admit na hindi ako bilib sa kanya.... he should concentrate more sa game...

The good thing is that, sa tingin ko, they ca play at the same time defende sa strategy ni coach.... japeth can play 3 or 4 while brondial can play 4....lalo na sa all pinoy

Pwede rin pag nagpapahinga si greg and they wanted to go small....

Anyway, sana matapos na tong bor8ng na finals para back to regular programming na agad LOL!

oo nga..keber na kung ros manalo para matapos na hahaha.

No improvement yet for japeth, coach frankie sees that, if japeth was not performing well there is another guy working very harder, this is the time for brondial to prove that he can play also basketball, not a player of a chess lol.

very inconsistent kasi maglaro si Japeth, no wonder kung bakit siya pinamigay ng TnT and Globalport kahit na matangkad siya at athletic. ang naging glaring lang na laro ni Japeth ay nung All filipino conference kung saan sila ang top seed. nag a average siya ng 20+ noon every game. tira sa labas, salaksak at mangalabaw ang ginagawa nya nun, pero ngayon mukhang nag iingat na siya.

very inconsistent kasi maglaro si Japeth, no wonder kung bakit siya pinamigay ng TnT and Globalport kahit na matangkad siya at athletic. ang naging glaring lang na laro ni Japeth ay nung All filipino conference kung saan sila ang top seed. nag a average siya ng 20+ noon every game. tira sa labas, salaksak at mangalabaw ang ginagawa nya nun, pero ngayon mukhang nag iingat na siya.

IkR...as you mentioned...he was almost unstoppable...plus i think he had 2 game winning shots for ginebra during that span...both were buzzer beater 3 point shots...plus on defense...he kept on swatting any shots that come his way...he was also averaging a nightly double double...i think he was also the frontrunner for MVP vs the kraken...

Now i dont know what happened...he also showed some brilliant games during the fiba world...but again anong nangyare? His game took a dive talaga...pati narin last all filipino ....problema kaya sa coach yun?

Edited by azraelmd

IkR...as you mentioned...he was almost unstoppable...plus i think he had 2 game winning shots for ginebra during that span...both were buzzer beater 3 point shots...plus on defense...he kept on swatting any shots that come his way...he was also averaging a nightly double double...i think he was also the frontrunner for MVP vs the kraken...

Now i dont know what happened...he also showed some brilliant games during the fiba world...but again anong nangyare? His game took a dive talaga...pati narin last all filipino ....problema kaya sa coach yun?

partly Coach problem...

lumipis yung playing time at off the bench pa sya... kya medyo nagtampo...

If you watch all Ginebra games in 2014 all filipino cup, japeth score much points against not defensive teams like global,barako,air21...he scores usually in the free throw line, in semifinals against defensive team sanmig(purefoods), japeth back to his old form, a very low baskeball iq player, when refs non-calling a foul you can see his frustrated face. The 2 winning shots of japeth against tnt and meralco, he wasn't the top scorer in that game, i remember the top scorer against tnt was mac baracael the booming threes that bring back ginebra into the game. I remember one of his best game that time was game 2 of quarterfinals against alaska and it was his birthday lol.

ha!!??? Finals na ba???

haha welcome back boss mukhang napasarap ang bakasyon ah.. hehe..

Masyadong overhyped yung 25pt game ni Tunganga este Tungala vs. Tautuaa's Cebu D League "Amateur" team..

Baka nakalimutan nila na amateur game yun, maluwag ang depensa, maliliit ang bantay niya at hindi masyadong pisikal ang laro.

Pag naka 25pts sya in 20mins vs ROS or SMB na madaming magaling na wing defender saka pag-usapan - si Snow "Nap Gutierrez" Badua kasi pauso na naman!

ha!!??? Finals na ba???

Hehehe...parang nde finals noh?? Or napasarap bakasyon mo with the ginkings lol

mas exciting magabang ng next conference tsaka yun NBA playoffs muna...in two weeks time si pacman naman( grabe parang prinomote ko yun ibang threads lol)....kasi nagpatalo pa ang purefoods eh...

Para nde OT...

Still not liking that mongolian bbq...yun ibang teams got those pesky iranian players eh...tayo mongolia lang? No offense...pero sobrang lakas naman ata ng mongolia sa world or kahit na asian basketball para dun pa nagscout ang staff ng ginebra para sa import natin....daming pure shooters ng japan, korea, china or kahit taiwan...plus alang balita sa american import pa...

haha welcome back boss mukhang napasarap ang bakasyon ah.. hehe..

Masyadong overhyped yung 25pt game ni Tunganga este Tungala vs. Tautuaa's Cebu D League "Amateur" team..

Baka nakalimutan nila na amateur game yun, maluwag ang depensa, maliliit ang bantay niya at hindi masyadong pisikal ang laro.

Pag naka 25pts sya in 20mins vs ROS or SMB na madaming magaling na wing defender saka pag-usapan - si Snow "Nap Gutierrez" Badua kasi pauso na naman!

yup... yan ang ayoko sa management eh... panay hype... panay marketing...kulang sa delivery... when they want us to buy something, so bra ang hype... nakaka HYPErtension...

• Like (+1) 1

yung attendance ng finals, 1st game lang yan ng ginebra..

i agree! kelangan pa nga mamigay ng tickets ang both teams sa kanilang mga pamilya at konting fans para mapuno yung ibaba ng venue eh. hehehe.

wala pa din american import ang Ginebra? puro kasi sila umaasa sa agent instead na yung coaching staff ang mag scout. ang tatamad din eh.

grabe eto si Japeth, panay ang papuri kay Tautuaa sa laban nila VS Cebuana. instead na i improve nya yung laro nya at hindi na din siya bumabata.

OT: ang engot naman ng Blackwater, pinagpalit ang 1st round pick nila ng 2015 sa TnT para lang kay Larry Rodriguez. ngayon ang suwerte ng TnT at lalakas lalo sila dahil makukuha na franchise player na katulad ni Tautuaa. ngayon naman inaawitan nila ang Kia para sa 1st round pick nito.

^ no problem if Ginebra defeated in tuneup games, its a no bearing game...

...Ginebra must focus more on practices, and win one at a time in actual games...hope we can make it to the semis in governors cup...and then make it to the finals...if Ginebra back to the finals once more many of our fans would be watching live in a venue, im one of the happiest fan to see Ginebra back in the Finals once again...keep up supporting our favorite team guys...

NSD! Kangkong man kami ngayon may araw din kayo!!!.........

• Like (+1) 1