Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Malabong isama si Marcelo at Pena sa Chess players. Kaya nga binitawan si Mamaril eh.

sorry i forgot bata nga pla ni Coach Franky si Marcelo... pwede yung dlawng diva na lng hehehe

regarding sa asian import na may limit pano kung may kumuha kay Haddadi? just asking!

Yung bottom 4 lang ang pwedeng kumuha ng unlimited height, pero hindi sya applicable sa Asian import. Sa Kano lang. :(

TNT, Ginebra and Blackwater lang ang kumuha ng Asian import eh. Optional naman pala.

Talk ’N Text hired Jordanian veteran guard Osama Daghles, who was measured at 6-2 7/8 yesterday at PBA Office, Barangay Ginebra has signed Mongolia’s Sanchir Tungalag, who averaged almost 17 points per game in the last Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea.

Blackwater will also have a Jordanian in Immad Qahwash as Asian import.

Read more at http://www.mb.com.ph/pba-teams-pass-up-on-asian-imports/#9uHdTVCafJII00l4.99

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

Their main reason is to span the popularity and increase audience reach.

The PBA thinks that having asian imports will attract asian viewers on live games and on internet/tv and increase more the leagues popularity as well as attracting foreign countries to invest (hopefully) on a team that will join in the PBA soon.

But I think having one lone player in a team would not help, my suggestion before on PBA websites and forum is like these:

1st conference - All Filipino (no changes)

2nd conference - With Imports (same rules, bottom 4 will have unlimited import height)

*3rd conference - With height limit on imports on all teams, invite european/asian commercial teams to participate and separate the Gilas Pool and allow to participate in the tournament as a separate team. Two bracketing group system, Same Group members will fought twice and fight the other team members once. Top 4 on each bracket will advance forming the playoffs top 8.

- with this kind of setup, you will still attract foreign viewers and interest, plus your giving all PBA players (not just Gilas) a taste of international basketball play which will benefit greatly the young ones or the 2nd generation PBA superstars.

Ang main issue dito is yung gastos dahil who will shoulder the expenses of an entire team and yung quality ng teams and players from outside na sasali. But either way, IMHO, I think this is a better setup than having asian imports

Edited by daphne loves derby

Their main reason is to span the popularity and increase audience reach.

The PBA thinks that having asian imports will attract asian viewers on live games and on internet/tv and increase more the leagues popularity as well as attracting foreign countries to invest (hopefully) on a team that will join in the PBA soon.

But I think having one lone player in a team would not help, my suggestion before on PBA websites and forum is like these:

1st conference - All Filipino (no changes)

2nd conference - With Imports (same rules, bottom 4 will have unlimited import height)

*3rd conference - With height limit on imports on all teams, invite european/asian commercial teams to participate and separate the Gilas Pool and allow to participate in the tournament as a separate team. Two bracketing group system, Same Group members will fought twice and fight the other team members once. Top 4 on each bracket will advance forming the playoffs top 8.

- with this kind of setup, you will still attract foreign viewers and interest, plus your giving all PBA players (not just Gilas) a taste of international basketball play which will benefit greatly the young ones or the 2nd generation PBA superstars.

Ang main issue dito is yung gastos dahil who will shoulder the expenses of an entire team and yung quality ng teams and players from outside na sasali. But either way, IMHO, I think this is a better setup than having asian imports

Not to mention, pwede natin ma-scout yung potential competition come FIBA and Olympic time.

Tanong lang do we really want 3 conferences? ....baka pwdeng pahabain nlang yun import laden conference?

Still it seems the "gimik" of kume is working....samin subdivision...mas excited pa cila sa darating na conference kesa dun sa championship between TnT and RoS eh...

Especially with ginebra...diko lang masabi dahil kung ba sa bagong coach nila or sa 2 imports nila hehehehe

Zach Graham... another former air 21 import... di na nadala. Hehehe.... anyway abangan ang susunod na sisihin este kabanata...

Seriously, getting 2 additional shooters will maximize japeth and greg... ang tanong ko lang, sino ang defensive anchor at sino ang back up ni greg pag napagod...

Natawa ako sa post ko... belated ang updating ng data ko... so zach graham... good compliment sa bigs.... di ko sya maalala... can he run and play defense?

Nope zach graham is not a good defender, he is actually a scorer more on spot up shooter, the only problem we encounter when Ginebra face the import like blakely and arizona reid, who will defend these imports? I think tungalang or graham?..ellis or baracel? so why they got the import same as the position of sanchir...maybe Ginebra coaching staff don't like scouting an import like blakely and reid, they want the balik imports from air21, ASA sa agent palagi.

naalala ko si ato nung nagbibigay ng instruction sa american imports, tagalog tapos si mc 47 ang nagtatranslate sa english :))

Yes same problem....good thing may american import naman...unlike yun kay ato...hirap din sya sa pagbibigay instructions sa import...kaya ayun nde alam ng import gagawin nya sa loob ng court...

According to a reliable source there is another trade rumors involving the ninja and a rookie wing player from another team, this wing player is from mendiola based school, the other team didn't liked to trade their rookie player, and they offered another wing player that played in Ginebra team.

I guess --- Joseph Yeo to Anthony Semerad

or

Joseph Yeo to Jensen...

Just an update mga kabarangay, there was a tuneup game between BGSM and Cebuana Lhuillier Gems nung Sat morning. Gins played without the twin towers, LA and Ellis.

They won, 100-89, behind the hot shooting of Sanchir Tungalag. 25 points in 20 mins of playing time.

Hmn....not bad ah...pwedeng pwede na palitan si caguioa...

• Like (+1) 1

Yan ang mahirap if he don't know a few english languages..they need a translator, a big problem for Ginebra team, hope they resolve it as soon as possible.

oo nga eh, he doesn't know even a few english words, he needs a translator, a big concern for Ginebra team. Hope they could find a remedy to minimize the language barrier issue.

@snowbadua: Do you swear to heaven and earth that no negotiation happened @FemaleAgentSR between @Showcase32 and Ginebra? I have proof. Even Jeffers

@snowbadua: Sometimes agents try to dispel a true story to either 1 Protect their job/agency 2. Save the name of clients 3. Because the nego bogged down

@snowbadua: I never wrote he signed a contract @FemaleAgentSR i said he agreed in principle @Showcase32 which we all k ow is true.

@snowbadua: The story came out four days ago @FemaleAgentSR why only now are you talking? So what happened between then and now is another story

@snowbadua: Ok so he didn't agree in principle @FemaleAgentSR but why only now are you guys talking? Did something happen along the way? Shed light

@snowbadua: So there you go. Back to my previous tweet. REASON NUMBER 1. @FemaleAgentSR

@snowbadua: I got the info from people way, way up the hierarchy. @FemaleAgentSR besides. It was a running a story. It can happen. It can bog down

@snowbadua: That's the gist of my story. If ever you read it. @FemaleAgentSR @Showcase32

@snowbadua: Tell here @coachpotat0 to learn to talk to 'friends' in private first @FemaleAgentSR she's been like that to almost every 'friend'

Ginebra has no import yet!!!

No Zach Graham!!!

http://hoops.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/oie_wrjGhwvO5ik7.jpg

MANILA – New Ginebra coach Frankie Lim is pushing the Gin Kings with short but intense practices as he wants to prepare them for high octane, run-and-gun style that they will use for the upcoming 2015 PBA Governors’ Cup.

“I find it exciting,” Lim said during ANC’s “Hardball” on Monday about the run-and-gun game. “Sabi ko, if we have the fans as your Sixth Man, I want them excited also.”

“I want to put a great game for them, so we can run. But we have to practice running,” he added. “We have to do it little by little.”

Thus, he has asked his players to push themselves hard in practice, especially veterans like Mark Caguioa and JayJay Helterbrand. Lim says both guards have been responding well.

“Mark is really pushing himself. I just spoke to him last Saturday, I told him, ‘You have to be in tip-top shape. We’re gonna run, and you’re gonna be tired’,” he said.

“‘So you and JayJay have to be in shape and stay away from injuries,'” Lim added. “LA (Tenorio) is another guy who plays well in practice.”

Lim is also happy about what he is seeing from big man Greg Slaughter so far.

“Slaughter’s game has changed,” he said. “Another big is (Rodney) Brondial. He was seldom used last conference, but he’s practicing very well.”

Lim, a multi-titled coach with San Beda, has set the championship as the goal for Ginebra in the Governors’ Cup, and acknowledges that it will be a tall task. But he is encouraged by what he is seeing from his players and hopes the fans will appreciate their work as well.

“I think they’re hopeful,” Lim said of the Gin Kings. “Every time you have a new coach, you see what’s going in practice. They respond very well. My practices are short, but high in intensity.”

“They get tired, and they know how hard practice is, so sabi ko, kailangan pa-kundisyon tayo. I want you guys to enjoy playing, and I want our fans to enjoy watching you guys,” he added. –

Edited by Robo Cop

before yung import agent and rino salazar would scout talents before being sent sa ginebra ... minsan si jawo mismo ang nagscout.... this brought us the likes of michael hackett, jamie waller, joe ward, carlos briggs, wes matthews, jervis cole, sly grey and a slew of super imports.... ngayon parang hit and misses... madalas miss.... LOL!

nag titipid yata sa pamasahe para mag scout...

dapat team official (coaching staff) ang mascot kasi they would know kung fit yung talent sa team.... wag iasa sa mga agents.. pang business deal lang sila...

Edited by *kalel*