Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Guest inverbrass

Douthit was just way too big for Brumfield to defend. He repeatedly made easy inside incursions against Brumfield especially in the waning minutes of the game.

As I have stated before the import format for this conference could have been unlimited height for imports if not for the sudden pullout of Barako Bull and the sudden inclusion of Smart Gilas. As things unfold then it is too late for the PBA to revise the import height limit for this conference as almost all of the teams already has their imports thus giving Smart Gilas the advantage of having an oversized recruit.

Douthit was just way too big for Brumfield to defend. He repeatedly made easy inside incursions against Brumfield especially in the waning minutes of the game.

Actually, they're sending a wrong signal that SG (particularly Douthit) is doing fine. Eh! wala ngang katapat yung higante. In real Asian hoop wars, he will be tasked to defend even taller and heavier players. Picnic muna siya ngayon...ganun pa rin kaya sa Asian Games.Dapat pinraktis sila with tall oppositions. Kaya nga SG is doing well in this tournament

Guest inverbrass

I doubt it if Douthit would have an easy time against someone like Chris Alexander. But I don't think SG's stint this conference will make Douthit any better since he's being defended by guys 3-6 inches shorter than him which is not the case in international competitions. I agree with you that there should have been no height limit. He made minced meat of the defense of Brumfield. Sana lang man si De Ocampo pinadepensa kay Douthit para at least hindi masyado ang height disparity. laugh.gif

Guest inverbrass

Yup. Douthit will get used to playing against smaller guys that he might have to make a big adjustment come the FIBA. Madami naman puede itapon ang Ginebra sa kanya like De Ocampo, Rico, Hatfield, Menk, Mama and as a last resort, Brumfield. That's a total of 30 fouls. Hindi naman siguro mauubos ang 30 fouls.

Yan ang mali sa ginawa ng SG at ng PBA, papasok ngayon sa isip ng SG that Douhit is doing a great job for them (at least sa PBA) as he is at least 6 to 7 inches taller sa mga current batch of imports, but come FIBA time ibang usapan na 'yun, the other teams also have imports as tall as he is or even much taller, plays much physical and maybe more talented than him, aside from the imports/naturalized players let not forget na 'yung mga players ng ibang bansa can also be as tall as him....

Edited by Agent_mulder