Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

^^^ I think I have made myself clear but ur just trying to repeat the same senseless question so we\'re again getting nowhere. I\'d rather stop than get your ire and then find out you\'re trying to post in the complaint thread that could eventually lead to the closure of this thread (just like the ROndo thread).

PEACE.

hehheehe bro wag mo nq pansinin di talaga naintindihan tanong mo at ibig mo sabihin....bka mawala thred ng gin kings

nice game gin kings! great run by the gin kings.. and now that rudy's game in controlling the board is back.. i think brgy.ginebra will be doing just fine in this phase.. sana magtuloy tuloy na hanggang sa finals.. hehehe.. Ginebra all the way! Never say die!

oo nga! sana tuloy tuloy na panalo! TNT & Aces nlang hindi nakakalaban.

may tama rin sa sinabi nila! ang problem lng naman sa BGK eh ung rotation ng tao! yes, over loaded sila sa superstars specially sa guard position. so dapat gawin ni Jong, kung sino mainit, siya paglaruin hindi i-bangko!

hindi ko trip ung sinasabi ng girl dun?? sino ba un?? mika lim?? sobrang bias!!! <_<

Disagree ako dito, why? Look what happen to Air21 main guy (Ronjay Buenafe), he was limited to 4 points (1/4 FG). Kung ikaw ang coach at i-scout mo deeply and precisely ang next opponent, pag-aaralan mo who among those players ang mga scorers nila and who see how they defended their counterparts.

Mas maganda nga ngayong ang scoring, walang swapangan, walang showtime, scattered ang scoring ng team, syempre kung ikaw ang coach tapos kalaban mo ang BGK, mapapaisip ka na "Teka, sino pala ang top main man scorer nila dito?" It's still a clueless talaga kung sino, kasi kung si Miller lang or si Caguiao, like i said on Air21 (Ronjay), once na nabantayan ka at nabigyan ka ng matinding depensa, mawawala na lang na parang bula ang opensa mo at sigurado, kangkong ang puntos mo buong gabi.

I hope nakuha ng iba yung simpleng logic ko.

Btw, Rudy Hatfield doing his job to inspired his teammates to bring them back on the defense mode. Ika nga nila, "Play hard defense, offense will follow...." Agree?!?!??

Disagree ako dito, why? Look what happen to Air21 main guy (Ronjay Buenafe), he was limited to 4 points (1/4 FG). Kung ikaw ang coach at i-scout mo deeply and precisely ang next opponent, pag-aaralan mo who among those players ang mga scorers nila and who see how they defended their counterparts.

Mas maganda nga ngayong ang scoring, walang swapangan, walang showtime, scattered ang scoring ng team, syempre kung ikaw ang coach tapos kalaban mo ang BGK, mapapaisip ka na \"Teka, sino pala ang top main man scorer nila dito?\" It\'s still a clueless talaga kung sino, kasi kung si Miller lang or si Caguiao, like i said on Air21 (Ronjay), once na nabantayan ka at nabigyan ka ng matinding depensa, mawawala na lang na parang bula ang opensa mo at sigurado, kangkong ang puntos mo buong gabi.

Btw, Rudy Hatfield doing his job to inspired his teammates to bring them back on the defense mode. Ika nga nila, \"Play hard defense, offense will follow....\" Agree?!?!??

100% agree

Mas maganda nga ngayong ang scoring, walang swapangan, walang showtime, scattered ang scoring ng team, syempre kung ikaw ang coach tapos kalaban mo ang BGK, mapapaisip ka na "Teka, sino pala ang top main man scorer nila dito?" It's still a clueless talaga kung sino, kasi kung si Miller lang or si Caguiao, like i said on Air21 (Ronjay), once na nabantayan ka at nabigyan ka ng matinding depensa, mawawala na lang na parang bula ang opensa mo at sigurado, kangkong ang puntos mo buong gabi.

Btw, Rudy Hatfield doing his job to inspired his teammates to bring them back on the defense mode. Ika nga nila, "Play hard defense, offense will follow...." Agree?!?!??

yes i agree with you na dapat maging scattered ung points ng BGK players!

but hindi mo nakuha ung gusto ko rin point-out! what i mean was, pag maint o swerte ung isang player ng BGK, siya dapat ung paglaruin hindi ung mga malas ang laro!

for example, si Tubid ang swerte for the game, siya ang mainit, siya dapat ang paglaruin in the end game.

and kung si Miller ay malas sa laro for that night, tingin mo dapat siya ang paglaruin ng matagal??

kasi minsan o dati ganyan ang ginagawa ni Jong, mainit na ung player sa 1st Quarter, ibabalik nalang mga 4th Quarter, pano pa gagawa un?? o 3 straight na nakakabasket, biglang papalitan nalang! o kaya, kahit sobrang pangit na ung laro ng player, stick pa rin siya dun, may ibang player naman na pwede ipasok! un ang gusto ko i-pointout sa reply ko!

pero ngayon, 4 straight win through their defense, who am i to complain! :)

GO BGK! :D

yes i agree with you na dapat maging scattered ung points ng BGK players!

but hindi mo nakuha ung gusto ko rin point-out! what i mean was, pag maint o swerte ung isang player ng BGK, siya dapat ung paglaruin hindi ung mga malas ang laro!

for example, si Tubid ang swerte for the game, siya ang mainit, siya dapat ang paglaruin in the end game.

and kung si Miller ay malas sa laro for that night, tingin mo dapat siya ang paglaruin ng matagal??

kasi minsan o dati ganyan ang ginagawa ni Jong, mainit na ung player sa 1st Quarter, ibabalik nalang mga 4th Quarter, pano pa gagawa un?? o 3 straight na nakakabasket, biglang papalitan nalang! o kaya, kahit sobrang pangit na ung laro ng player, stick pa rin siya dun, may ibang player naman na pwede ipasok! un ang gusto ko i-pointout sa reply ko!

pero ngayon, 4 straight win through their defense, who am i to complain! :)

GO BGK! :D

No, i'm not against on your opinion my brother :D. What I mean was dun sa mga segment host ng FTW. Look at Magoo @ 3:12 clip of the video, then @ 3:34 when Mico commented on what Magoo had said and look very closely at Magoo's face, parang natameme ang mokong. Parang napahiya ng konte. Tapos at 5:05 mark of the clip, bumanat na naman ang mokong, tapos #@ 5:19 nag-react na naman si Mico about 30 points leading ng BGK tapos may problema pa rin dun, tapos si Magoo humahanap na naman ng dahilan. Hay naku, kung hindi kaya, hahanap ng butas para lumusot. :D

Anyway ang masasabi ko lang is mas ok na sekreto at misteryoso ang laro ng BGK ngayon, mas maganda talaga kapag ang laro eh "full of suprises"! Again, agree??!? :P

Edited by crunk
make a note of it, this is NOT the BGK we were used to.

this is not the run and gunning, fast breaking, eat-my-dust, quick as a hiccup, basket burning, fast and furious Ginebra that were used to. those days have come to an end. throw it out the window, call in the dogs, those days are long gone.

what do we have now? we have a Ginebra team that's a PRO in every sense of the word. they come in, do their business, wreak havoc on defense, execute flawlessly on offense. and all that with a scowl on their faces, an "eff-you" attitude, playing with a chip on their shoulders. this is a team in every sense of the word.

so how did we get here? what has happened? lets go back in time a bit and move on to the future to understand how we got here.

2003-2006 was an exciting time for Ginebra. we had just ushered in a new era of basketball, and made the running game fashionable. led by our two workhorses and our main muscle - Jay Jay Helterbrand, Mark Caguioa, Eric Menk, Ginebra ran everyone out of the building, and when that didn't work we dumped it off to Major Pain to finish it inside. Mark and Jay Jay relied on their speed and athleticism, while Menk relied on his monstrous physique to get it done, and the three became what is known as the face of the franchise. every game was a party and every game was a horse race. but the ravages of the game and age finally took a toll on these 3. one by one, the big three fell to injuries, and by the second conference of 2007, the 3 have already missed games equivalent to one conference.

along with their loss, Ginebra also lost it's identity. it wanted to run, but it's legs weren't there yet, and it's muscle couldn't flex. yes, everyone came back and were healthy eventually, but the injuries took their toll. like a stubborn fool, Ginebra tried to relive their run and gun days but it was clear that their bodies could no longer keep up to the pace. management tried to bring in players from all over, former all stars, former MVP's, some promising talents, to play alongside the faces of the franchise, or to mimic what MC and JJ had done. but sadly, none of them delivered. loss after loss, trade after trade, Ginebra became a shell of it's former self and the games were no longer the horse races or the parties it used to be.

for a team bannered by former number 1 picks (Miller, Cortez, De Ocampo) and former MVP's and BPC's (Menk, Helterbrand, Miller, Caguioa, Villanueva), they should at least be a team to beat, or a team that shouldn't get swept. but they did. and it was frustrating, and all the more embarrassing

i would think, the lowest point in this storied teams recent history came last year when Alaska once again handed Ginebra it's ticket to go home. i think that, it was the final straw that broke everybody. i think the losses, the frustration, the agony, finally hit it home for them. it made them come to terms with the fact that, they can no longer do what they can do once before, and that they are no longer the "franchise men" they used to be.

and in the middle of their despair, finally, the team understood who they were, what they were and accepted their roles on the team. they finally understood, that it's not about them anymore, it's about the team and about winning.

then come the 2010 season. after going 1-2 in it's 1st 3 games, it finally clicked for Ginebra in Game 4 against Red Bull, and carried over that momentum and intensity into their next 3 games against B-Meg, Rain or Shine and Air 21.

this Ginebra team is no longer the running and gunning team of old. Caguioa and Jay Jay have ditched their head bands, and along that, the flash and flair associated with their games. instead we have something better. we have a team that's all business on the floor.

and it worked.

double digit margins in each of the last 4 games, thoroughly annihilating their opponents. they know they are undersized, so they do their work early and pressure the perimeter, making sure the ball doesn't go inside. they challenge everything, and never takes a possession off. this is no longer a team of flashy AND-1 ballers, but rather a team of assassins. make one mistake and they will make you pay for it. this is now a defensive minded team, a team that will cripple you and stifle you. on offense, they are efficient and never take bad shots, they sacrifice their own shots for better shots, and it has worked wonders. they all know they are no longer the "stars" they once were and that they aren't the central focus of the offense anymore, so they are efficient and not waste opportunities.

simply put, this Ginebra team is an actual TEAM in every sense of the word. it has found it's identity as a veteran laden, defensive team, and they are showing it in each of the past 7 games.

i know it's only 7 games into the season, but with those 7 games, i can now see the difference from last year. they no longer try to do what they cannot, and do only what works for them. all that losing seems to have made this team mature and it shows on the court.

we may still be out matched talent and size wise, but with this current team, you can never out play, out wit, out hustle and out muscle them. i just wish they never lose sight of this new revelation, and continues to play like this all the way to a title.

this team has made a journey from denial to acceptance, and i hope they will soldier on towards a vindication. for them and for us, the Ginebra faithful.

copy paste ko lang po to share dito.

originally by RAZERMAN

The Final Score: Ginebra wins with "all-in" offense, "all-out" defense By MICO H

« on: November 07, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »

Ginebra’s Jimbo Aquino is face-down on the floor unsure if his Adam’s apple is still intact. The recipient of a clothesline from Air 21 enforcer Ronnie Matias in the second half of a yet another blowout game, Aquino is the center of attention even if he’s down for the count. A rookie’s chagrin is proof of a PBA team’s recent success. In the happy land of Ginebra’s four-game win streak, even a third-unit guard like Aquino earns time under the spotlight.

It feels good even if it hurts. Aquino’s plight reveals the frustration of opponents like Matias as well as the domination of Ginebra over its recent counterparts. Correction; Ginebra doesn’t dominate, it destroys. Four games. Four convincing wins. I’m less surprised at Ginebra’s winning run and more astonished with the way it has won games.

If Air 21’s Ronjay Buenafe could have hit someone from Ginebra too, he probably would have. Buenafe was the latest victim of Ginebra’s shut-down defense. Limited to just two field goal attempts in the entire first half, Buenafe the offensive dynamo became Buenafe the flustered scorer. Air 21 shared in Buenafe’s grief. The Express shot just 33 percent from the field and made zero out of six 3-point shots in the first two periods. The game was over by halftime.

Lopsided games are ugly but, from Ginebra’s vantage point, there’s beauty in the evisceration of four consecutive foes. Food tastes better. Air smells fresher. These are luxuries only streaking winners have. Despite purported spats over playing time and number of shots, all seems blissful in the kingdom. There are more high-fives than pointing fingers. There are more jubilant body-bumps than disparaging looks. They must feel like winners as they should. Hence, the harder Ginebra is on opponents, the easier the team is on the eyes.

Willie Wilson believes Ginebra is winning with high-energy defense and equal-opportunity offense. Wilson, Rudy Hatfield and Enrico Villanueva slam bodies in the paint the way adolescents crash into one another at a Kamikaze concert. Meantime, Ginebra’s army of guards moves the ball around the perimeter the way the San Francisco Giants complete double-plays. It is swift. It is exact. It produces results.

So what’s making Ginebra such a joy for fans to watch? What’s making every Ginebra player such a delight to play with if you’re a…Ginebra player? Is it just an uneasy truce or a chemistry problem finally solved? In professional teams, ideal situations are as elusive as 5-game winning streaks. Then again, the Gin Kings are winners of four-in-a-row.

And knowing Head Coach Jong Uichico, he neither pleads nor coerces players to perform a certain way. Uichico doesn’t motivate in the collegiate sense. He expects. Astute individuals should know what they need to know. In winning four straight games, Uichico expects players to have already seen the pattern for success, grasped what separates losing from winning. Ginebra is enjoying its equal-opportunity success; open to all, even to Ginebra role players down on the floor, gasping for air.

from Mico Halili

:) :)

Edited by brun0magtangol

Second game: Ginebra 79 def. Alaska 68

Box Scores:

Ginebra (79) – Miller 16, Caguioa 14, Villanueva 12, Wilson 6, Tubid 6, Cortez 6, Helterbrand 6, Aquino 5, Menk 4, Hatfield 4, Mamaril 0

Alaska (68) – DeVance 17, Tenorio 12, Thoss 10, Eman 8, Dela Cruz 8, Baguio 7, Borboran 4, Custodio 2, Robinson 0, Hugnatan 0

Quarter Scores: 18-16, 34-32, 54-56, 79-68

Hanep ang mga galaw ni Caguiao noong makalamang na ang gatas, then 'yung shooting din ni Miller at 'yung composure ni Jimbo Aquino (in spite missing 5 attempts before hitting a jumper and a trey)....

balanced attack and clamped-up defense is doing it for the gin kings...not to mention hatfield's energy. 5 game winning streak and counting. sino ba susunod na kalaban?

Barako Bull sa Wednesday..

Correct me if I'm wrong, the Gin Kings are the leagues best defensive team at the moment as seen by the ave points the opponents have scored against them.

I heard the sportscaster say that they are the league's best defensive them, may changes nga na nangyari since mabalik sa kanila si Siot....