Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Barrios...is just making some statements na may laban ang Air 21 sa Gins....just spicing up the series..the truth is NO WAY AIR 21 would win in this series ..... NO WAY>>>>>>>>>>>who wants to bet ????

Maraming puedeng mangyari....

halimbawa... biglang mawala si Toothpick :unsure:

i think you should read all my post before posting your comments. for your sake, bara bara means run and gun plays. for your sake again, i didnt use the word "ONLY FACTOR". i think its also a stupidity to think that the post that i made means that "kaya manalo ng team pag walang coach".

the only factor that the gins have won 8 straight games is the run and gun and bara bara play of artadi, mark, junthy and jj. i dont think they have run a lot of plays during those games. i hope that they can sustain this.

enough said. :unsure:

NO WAY AIR 21 could win this SERIES.........NOT WITH THE SHALLOW EXPERIENCE>>>>> mag chochoke sila SANToS , DAVID .

Players we have to WATCH

THOMAS / ARBOLEDA....sila papatay sa team natin .....

They will win some games...but not the series.....

hehehe they will win a game..

coaching is not bad.... i should agree

same here, jong and the coaching staff are doing a great situational ingame adjustments.. ang di ko lang lubos maiisip , parang tiyempo bad timing mga time outs. just like yung ot win nila over red bull...and many occasions, madlas kesa good outcome. plays goes wrong coming from a time out...

hehehe they will win a game..

same here, jong and the coaching staff are doing a great situational ingame adjustments.. ang di ko lang lubos maiisip , parang tiyempo bad timing mga time outs. just like yung ot win nila over red bull...and many occasions, madlas kesa good outcome. plays goes wrong coming from a time out...

I have to agree that timeout ( regulation before OT WIn vs red bull) was a bad one, coaches made mistakes....so are players....its normal ....overall Jong's coaching and Samboy's management is above par. :thumbsupsmiley: that is why they are going to be Champions .....

Edited by George Bush

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd99/krngmrn/sports-pic01.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd99/krngmrn/pbafinals123.jpg

"Of course, I'd like it to be short in our favor but that's highly improbable. But long or short, we'll give it our best shot," said Perasol.

"I'm not good at predicting. One thing sure, we'll try to win each game," said Uichico. (NC)

well, Jong said Tubid has 50% chance that he might play this Finals.

Air21 vows to deliver

spacer

By TITO TALAO

Respectful if at times brash, key Air21 players – though mindful of the force and power of the Ginebra faithful – indicated yesterday they will not tremble and shake at the sight of the Kings’ swarming followers.

One of them, Homer Se, the Express’ bruising power forward, even welcomed the huge number of Ginebra fans expected to pack the Araneta Coliseum tomorrow to harangue the Express in Game 1 of the Smart-PBA Fiesta Conference Finals.

"Masarap kalaban ang Ginebra, marami silang dalang tao," said Se unabashedly during the PBA Finals press conference at the Emerald Garden on Roxas Boulevard.

"Alam namin na hindi na sila barangay. Ginebra City na nga yata e," said Gary David, the hard-driving Express swingman.

Air21 coach Bo Perasol and import Steve Thomas were more circumspect.

"Their crowd is like a sixth man on the floor," Thomas said, "We have to keep them off the game a little bit, take away their fast break."

Perasol, who exceeded expectations by leading the Express to the championship series for the first time in the six-year existence of the Bert Lina franchise, said of their opponents’ fans: "We plan to exclude them from the equation."

How the former University of the Philippines Fighting Maroon intends to go about neutralizing the tens of thousands of Ginebra diehards went unsaid, but Se, ever the reliable quote, may have provided a clue.

"Di naman yung crowd nila ang maglalaro. Limahan lang naman ang laban sa court e," he said.

The Air21 players might have drawn inspiration in their bluntness from Perasol, who was deferential to Jong Uichico, his multi-titled Ginebra counterpart, but undaunted.

"I have high respect for coach Jong. But to feel intimidated is to feel negative in the series," said Perasol, eliciting a slight smile and a nod from Uichico, seated a chair away in the presidential table to the left of PBA commissioner Sonny Barrios.

Uichico, gunning for his eighth title in 11 final appearances, characteristically downplayed Ginebra’s championship experience.

"Kaunti na lang ang difference," he said. "Noong nakarating sila sa championship, nagkaroon na rin sila ng experience. We’re practically on equal footing."

Perasol lost little time picking it up from there.

"We have a business slogan at Air21 that we deliver no matter what. It’s a tall order to beat Ginebra, but we have to try and do it because that’s the reason we’re here," he said.

Present with Uichico were Jayjay Helterbrand, Billy Mamaril, Junthy Valenzuela and the injured Ronald Tubid, who was given a 50 percent chance by Uichico of suiting up for the best-of-seven series.

Import Chris Alexander and star guard Mark Caguioa were both ailing, Uichico said, and missed the pre-finals media conference.

Perasol, on the other hand, arrived with Thomas, Se, David, Arwind Santos, Wynne Arboleda and Ranidel de Ocampo.

Practically all players expressed excitement over the coming championship, with David baring a desire for the feel of being called into the darkened playing court for the introduction.

Valenzuela, formerly with Red Bull, said, on the other hand, that he is thankful that no longer will he be heckled by the Kings fans as before.

"Fans will be in for a treat, considering the manner by which Ginebra came back from 0-5 to win 12 straight, and Air21’s evolution from being an unseeded team to becoming an outright semifinal qualifier," Barrios said, recalling that the last time he presided over a pre-Finals briefing was also between a first-time finals coach and a multi-titled veteran mentor Sta. Lucia Realty’s Boyet Fernandez and Purefoods Ryan Gregorio.

Edited by [TWO]RERO

Kung tutuusin Match up wise, tagilid ang BGK sa AI21... Malalaki ang AIR21 eh, Santos and Canaleta matatangkad na mabibilis rin... Wag pakasisiguro, sana wag matapos mamaya ang winning streak ng BGK hehehe

THOMAS, SE, SANTOS, CANALETA, ARBOLEDA...

vs

ALEXANDER, REAVIS, VALENZUELA, CAGUIOA, HELTERBRAND...

tagilid match-up natin kay santos at canaleta...

Depensa ang susi sa panalo dito. Air21 is a high scoring team averaging 98points. Talent-wise, nasa balanse ang dalawang teams. Ginebra have the edge in rebounding (Alexander, Reavis). Air21 in the forward positions (Canaleta, De Ocampo, Santos, Se).

Possible problem for Ginebra: pag nag-drive ng nag-drive ang mga forward ng Air21 tapos magpa-foul ang mga big men ng Gins. Foul trouble. Nakupow, tapos ang laban. Dapat macompensate ito ng Coaching staff ng Gins.

Sa Air21 naman: They are a bit short in guard positions (Arboleda, Cruz, David) than the Gins (JJ, Caguioa, Artadi, Pacana, Junthy, etc.). Si Arboleda lang ata ang legitimate na playmaker/ball handler nila e. (in which, reliever niya si Marvin Cruz). David is more of an offensive player not a playmaker. Hmm, Arboleda is a strength of Air21 which can also be a weakness. Definitely, 3-guard rotation (Gins) is better than 2-guard(Air21). Daming possibilities kung paano i-exploit...

Talent wise, madami ang magkabilang teams. I think, nasa coaching staff nakasalalay ang magiging champion sa series na ito.

Go Gins!!!

Kung tutuusin Match up wise, tagilid ang BGK sa AI21... Malalaki ang AIR21 eh, Santos and Canaleta matatangkad na mabibilis rin... Wag pakasisiguro, sana wag matapos mamaya ang winning streak ng BGK hehehe

THOMAS, SE, SANTOS, CANALETA, ARBOLEDA...

vs

ALEXANDER, REAVIS, VALENZUELA, CAGUIOA, HELTERBRAND...

tagilid match-up natin kay santos at canaleta...

santos and canaleta are bigtime chokers...they are not my worry....i am more worried with thomas and arboleda