Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Ginebra dapat ang may republic dahil sa dami ng fans at barangay lang sa air21 dahil parang isang maliit na barangay lang ang bilang ng mga fans nila but in this case mas madaming tao sa "Barangay" kesa sa "republic" hehe..

siguro dapat "section ube"!

kasi isang section lang kaya nila punuin..yung likod lang ng bench nila :thumbsupsmiley:

Congratulations to the Brgy Ginebra Gin Kings!!! They truly deserved it!!! Can't wait the start of the 2008-09 Season. Ano nga pala balita sa draft pick natin, may 1st round draft pick ba Ginebra?

wala na po..kasama sa mga previous trades yung 1st round pick nila

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: ray004, hondacaptiva, Brando_Matias

si hondacaptiva nagmamatyag! ano na naman kaya ipo-post nito na mala-jopit :rolleyes:

halatang halata hinulog ng AIR 21 ang laro against ginebra....sa simula pa lang para silang walang gana...bawi na lang daw sila next conference. Kung ipinanalo daw kasi nila laro mahina ang media mileage so binigay na lang nila sa ginebra para sa ikakasaya ng PBA at mga fans

brod magpatingin ka..magagamot pa yan

Ron knew it all along

SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin M. Henson

Friday, August 22, 2008

Believe it or not, PBA Hall of Fame coach Ron Jacobs foresaw Barangay Ginebra winning the Fiesta Conference title before the first game of the season’s last tournament was even played last March.

To top it all, Jacobs picked Air21 as the team that would play Ginebra in the finals.

“Ron knew it all along,” said his wife Menen yesterday. “No doubt about it. Even with all those injuries, Ron stuck to his prediction although I got worried watching Game 7 on TV at home when he started breathing heavily.”

Jacobs, who suffered a stroke in December 2001 and is convalescing in his Makati home, took Ginebra coach Joseph Uichico under his wing as chief assistant when he called the shots for San Miguel Beer in the PBA. Uichico was in Jacobs’ staff when the former Loyola at Marymount mentor was voted Coach of the Year by the PBA Press Corps in 1997.

Uichico wasn’t the only coach Jacobs nurtured. From his revered factory came the likes of the Pumaren brothers - Derick, Franz and Dindo, Binky Favis, Eric Altamirano, Leo Austria, Jun Tan, Allan Caidic, Hector Calma, Samboy Lim, Jerry Codiñera and Siot Tangquingcen.

Uichico also played for Jacobs on the Philippine team that beat China in the Asian Youth Championship finals at the Araneta Coliseum in 1982.

The day before Game 7, Uichico and Paul Howard visited Jacobs in his home. Howard, a former NCAA Division I scoring star and one of Jacobs’ closest friends from way back, flew in from Los Angeles for a holiday.

“You could almost hear Ron assure Joseph that Ginebra would win,” said Menen. “Play hard, coach hard - that’s what he would’ve told Joseph. For Joseph, it’s a ritual for him to visit Ron before a game and if he can’t come over, he calls on the phone.”

The day of Game 7, Uichico had a cold and couldn’t visit Jacobs whose doctors strictly prohibit anyone coming close with transmittable germs because of possible contamination.

“Joseph called to update Ron on what was happening and I put the phone close to Ron’s ear so he could hear him speak,” said Menen. “Ron gave a thumbs up to Joseph which I communicated.”

On TV, Jacobs watched Game 7, following the action like a hawk-eyed scout taking down notes.

“In the third quarter, I got a little worried when Ron started breathing heavily,” said Menen. “I guess he got a bit nervous because it was such a close game. When it was all over, he had a big smile. He was confident Joseph would pull through.”

Uichico was Jacobs’ assistant in 1997 and 1998 at San Miguel. Then, Uichico was named San Miguel head coach with Jacobs as consultant. Jacobs was brought back to active duty as national coach in 2001 but in the process of preparing for the 2002 Asian Games, suffered a stroke.

“Ron is always an inspiration to me,” said Uichico who moved from San Miguel to Ginebra in 2006. “In fact, when I visit, I still consult him on what to do in preparing for a game. I ask him questions that are answerable by yes or no. I make it a point to visit at least once a week. Before a game, I drop by to talk to him. It doesn’t have to be a big game. When I can’t come to visit, I call on the phone and talk for about two to three minutes. He can’t speak so I do all the talking, telling him what things I have in mind.”

Uichico said he phoned Jacobs yesterday - the morning after Game 7.

“I told him it was incredible how we won, that we did it with a lot of heart and energy because we just wouldn’t lose,” said Uichico. “I really don’t know how we did it. That’s the never-say-die spirit. When Jay-Jay (Helterbrand) went down, it was tough to bounce back. Reactivating Ronald (Tubid) was the first step.”

Tubid sat out nine games due to a dislocated ankle and hadn’t played since July 6. An e-mail to Dr. George Canlas, who’s supervising the medical team for basketball in the Beijing Olympics, gave Uichico the go-signal to test Tubid at practice.

“Dr. Canlas told us to check out Ronald at practice and see how he feels,” said Uichico. “His assistants at Moro Lorenzo checked him out, too, and declared him good to go. At first, Ronald’s timing was a little off but that was okay because we needed him more for defense than offense. Then he started to get back his confidence which came at the right time.”

Tubid was reactivated for Game 4 and played the rest of the series. In Game 7 last Wednesday, Tubid erupted for 22 points off the bench as Ginebra beat Air21, 97-84, to claim the Fiesta Conference crown.

Uichico said he often thought of Jacobs as the contest wore on.

“I imagine what Ron would’ve done in this or that situation,” said Uichico. “I think my coaching style is 90 percent influenced by Ron, the other 10 percent by experience going up against other coaches. I guess you’ll always see big similarities in the way I coach and the way Ron coached.”

Menen said Jacobs, 65, is stable and continues to undergo rehab therapy. There is always a glow in his face when one of his coaching protégés, like Uichico, wins a championship. Basketball is still very much a part of Jacobs’ life and he remains an enduring source of inspiration for those who embrace the game.

Edited by the_joker

BO-BO PERASOL:

"Cuneta Astrodome is too small for us to celebrate"

"Barangay Ginebra Fans wont even matter in thi series"

“My players have matured,” said Bo Perasol, the Express coach. “Still, they were not yet ready to face the impact of what the Ginebra crowd brought to the basketball game. But overall we did pretty well.”

JONG UICHICO: “I don’t think I’ll react to that,” said Uichico. “If I do, it might just cause intrigue. All I can say is if you’re up, be careful what you say because it might come back to haunt you. Remember sometimes you’re up, sometimes you’re down.”

The_Joker: Marami pa kayong kakaining UBE!!! Ang gulo ng mga statements mo Booo Perasol, nung una sabi mo BGK Fans will not matter in the series, tapos sa huli sasabihin mo you're not ready to face the impact of the Fans... Kaya pala kayo natalo, TULIRO ang utak mo wakekeke... ^,...,^

alalahanin mo BO-BO Perasol, sino ang nagbigay ng motivation sa mga players ng BGK para maglaro ng buong puso kahit puro injuries na sila, di ba mga Fans?

who brought the injured players the energy much needed for them to last until game 7? Di ba mga FANS?

who inspired them to push and give everything they've got even if they are physically beaten? Di ba mga FANS?

Dahil sa mga FANS nayanig ang mga bata mo, MARAMI KA PANG KAKAINING UBE!!!

Edited by the_joker

@1653

I appreciate your effort in posting that article the_joker. But somehow, Philippine Star Online (the source and owner of the article you quoted) have been deprived of the proper credit for this article. You should not quote the whole article and you should provide the link. In other countries, "Philippine Star" would have sufficient grounds to sue MTC for some intellectual property rights violated.

Mind you, not only the_joker is guilty of this malpractice. I have seen several posters doing this.

No harm or malice intended. PEACE.

siguro dapat "section ube"!

kasi isang section lang kaya nila punuin..yung likod lang ng bench nila :thumbsupsmiley:

wala na po..kasama sa mga previous trades yung 1st round pick nila

Puro employado pa ng air21/fedex mga 'yun bro, pinilit lang manood para naman 'di mag-mukhang tanga team nila kahit 'yung iba doon t'yak maka-Ginebra :upside:

CONGRATULATIONS TO GINEBRA !! Despite of all the injuries.....nag champion pa !!! By the way, akala ko American Dream Team yung ininterview after the game at puro Ingles ang alam banggitin. Dapat naman yung mga FilAms natin, mag aral ng Tagalog. Kumikita sila dito tapos vacation sa States. BUT impress naman ako sa kanila kasi they give their all when they played sa ating national team-para sa ating Bandila!

BO-BO PERASOL:

"Cuneta Astrodome is too small for us to celebrate"

"Barangay Ginebra Fans wont even matter in thi series"

“My players have matured,” said Bo Perasol, the Express coach. “Still, they were not yet ready to face the impact of what the Ginebra crowd brought to the basketball game. But overall we did pretty well.”

JONG UICHICO: “I don’t think I’ll react to that,” said Uichico. “If I do, it might just cause intrigue. All I can say is if you’re up, be careful what you say because it might come back to haunt you. Remember sometimes you’re up, sometimes you’re down.”

The_Joker: Marami pa kayong kakaining UBE!!! Ang gulo ng mga statements mo Booo Perasol, nung una sabi mo BGK Fans will not matter in the series, tapos sa huli sasabihin mo you're not ready to face the impact of the Fans... Kaya pala kayo natalo, TULIRO ang utak mo wakekeke... ^,...,^

alalahanin mo BO-BO Perasol, sino ang nagbigay ng motivation sa mga players ng BGK para maglaro ng buong puso kahit puro injuries na sila, di ba mga Fans?

who brought the injured players the energy much needed for them to last until game 7? Di ba mga FANS?

who inspired them to push and give everything they've got even if they are physically beaten? Di ba mga FANS?

Dahil sa mga FANS nayanig ang mga bata mo, MARAMI KA PANG KAKAINING UBE!!!

ang galing mo talaga, the joker. hambog talaga yang si perasol. next year di na babalik yan. si leo isaac na magcoach sa air21. at sasabihin nila kasi nagaaral for his master's degree. master's degree ng kayabangan at kabobohan.

post-120911-1219414652.jpg

halatang halata hinulog ng AIR 21 ang laro against ginebra....sa simula pa lang para silang walang gana...bawi na lang daw sila next conference. Kung ipinanalo daw kasi nila laro mahina ang media mileage so binigay na lang nila sa ginebra para sa ikakasaya ng PBA at mga fans

kala ko ba sabi mo champion AIR 21? gulo mo ah???

Ginebra dapat ang may republic dahil sa dami ng fans at barangay lang sa air21 dahil parang isang maliit na barangay lang ang bilang ng mga fans nila but in this case mas madaming tao sa "Barangay" kesa sa "republic" hehe..

para nga na Sitio o Purok lang sila eh.. :D

Doon sa isang die-hard ng air21 d'yan tigil mo na 'yan, its over and done with na, your team had the chance to wrap it noong game 6 pero hindi nila nagawa, noong game 7 me chance din sila noong ma-injury sina Valenzuela at Alexander pero hindi din nila nagawa, it means lang na its a boo boo on the part of perasol na ang yabang pala based sa mga pinagsasasabi n'ya pag natatalo at ngayon tapos na ang championship which is all sourgraping anywhere you look at it, air21 the new darling of the crowd? I don't think so, iisang purok o sitio nga lang daw ang bilang ng fans n'yo hehe, yung mga hinakot nila na mga employees ng company nila t'yak ko 'yung iba doon maka-Ginebra at nagche-cheer sila sa Ginebra deep inside hehehehe.....

anak ng tipaklong, papaanong gaganahan mag laro ang mga players nyo eh wala namang pumapalakpak sa bawat shoot nila hahaha... Eh sa BGK, kahit iika-ika na ang mga players ganado pa rin maglaro dahil madaming pumalakpak sa kanila ^,...,^

Sabi nga sa radyo ni BOBO Perasol, nung lamang daw ang Air21 ng 14pts, tahimik daw mga BGK Fans pero nung naka-score ng 2pts ang BGK, bigla daw nagkagulo sa Araneta na akala mo eh tabla na ang score nyahahaha ^,...,^

Di nyo ba napapansin minsan, kapaga nakaka-score ang BGK kapag naghiyawan ang mga BGK Fans, pati camera ng ABC 5 eh nayayanig? ganun gumawa ng dagundong ang BGK Fans ^,...,^

From Air21 EXPRESS, naging AIR21 DEPRESS na kayo ngayon... ^,...,^

Edited by the_joker

ganyan ba talaga pag natatalo kayo mga taga air 21, hinulog nyo pero pag kami ng ginebra talo magaling kayo, umamin na kayo na talo kayo. mas nakakahiya lng kung hindi kayo aamin, mas maganda siguro sbihin ni boo boo perasol na congrats to BGK, we did everything pero magaling talaga sila, bka naawa pa madla sa kanila at next season panoorin na din laban nila ng mga ginebra fans

express people, you should accept the fact that you can't beat Ginkings easily. You have the courage, energy but you don't have the heart. No jayjay, mark is not 100%, chris got injured, junty was out of the game, paul was injured (hamstring) what more??? Ginkings is totally disabled, but what happened they played extremely terrific, express too much confidence is not good in baskeball (bilog and bola). Ginkings deserve the crown. "walang hulog or what, accept the fact that express is one lousy team, under inexperienced head coach, under a small ube republic. Don't you see some of them are cheering for ginkings?? they are wearing express shirts but they are shouting "ginebra" hahahaha...