All About Hongkong! Shopping, Hotels, Tourist Spots - Merged Threa

• 3 weeks later...
sorry for this somewhat OT entry, but anyone care to post the current forex for HK dollars-Php? saka sana mga cheap hotels/hostels that are nearer to the usual shopping/tourist areas..thanks!!

peace!

nagpapalit ako pero kakilala at P6=1hkd, sa iba i think 6.1.

google dragon hostel, city econo for hostel.

• 2 weeks later...
Go to Tung Chung near the airport, Citygate Outlet Mall. You can take the MTR, red line.

Some of the outlet shops are: Burberry, Polo, Seven, Benetton, Nautica, Esprit, Columbia, Puma, Adidas, Nike, Quicksilver, New Balance, etc.

Bought adidas sneakers for P1600. Exact same shoe still displayed at Greenbelt and selling for P3500. They even have heavily marked down JL Puma golf shoes at the Puma store. Great bargains, check it out.

It will be my first time going to HK this coming November. We were able to get roundtrip tickets (Cebu Pacific) for 5K++ only!

Eto lang po mga questions ko:

1) Since 2 night and three days lang kami and we skipped going to Disneyland (we opted for Ocean Park instead), kakayanin kaya namin makapunta sa Macau for some poker?

2) Is Tung Chung where all those abovementioned stores are at?

3) How cold would it be in HK in November? Mas malamig ba sa Baguio?

Thanks!

Edited by dj_flip03
It will be my first time going to HK this coming November. We were able to get roundtrip tickets (Cebu Pacific) for 5K++ only!

Eto lang po mga questions ko:

1) Since 2 night and three days lang kami and we skipped going to Disneyland (we opted for Ocean Park instead), kakayanin kaya namin makapunta sa Macau for some poker?

2) Is Tung Chung where all those abovementioned stores are at?

3) How cold would it be in HK in November? Mas malamig ba sa Baguio?

Thanks!

hi djflip

1. pwede siguro, but considering na 3 days 2 nites lang kayo, i would advise against it eh. HK has a lot of places pa na you can visit, and i doubt you can finish everything in one day. Most probably kasi ganito mangyayari sa inyo e:

a. arrive in hk aiport, say 8:00 am (if you got the 5:00 am flight), you'd probably be out of immigration by say, 9:30, grab a bus or eat, either way, malamang dating mo na sa hk proper around between 11:00 to 12:00. so half a day na ang nawala sa inyo. :( now up to you if you want to look around pagdating nyo sa hotel nyo or rest muna. you could probably visit, The Peak, Symphony of Lights and Avenue of the Stars on that day na rin siguro. Kung kaya pa, you can also visit Mongkok para sa Night Market, Ladies Market. Pagod lang nga kayo. heheheh

b. 2nd day, you have Ocean Park to visit. You could probably be finished with the place ng mga 5 hours, yun e kung hindi ka na mag ra-rides :) but if you do, I'll say cguro aalis ka sa OP ng around 4 - 5 na. So ubos na din oras nyo.

c. 3rd day, assuming that you got the last flight back to Manila (10:00 pm), you have a little bit of shopping to do in the morning sa area siguro ninyo, then if you really want to go to CityGate, that's about 30 minutes travel time via MTR. So let's say dating ka dun ng 12:00 afternoon. chances are, matatapos ka sa cguro mga 2:00 or 3:00, so you have to go back to your hotel to check out (you can check out early if you want then just come back to get your luggage, just request to them na ganun gagawin mo, papayag naman sila e) then libot lang saglit, tapos head to the airport ng 6:00 in the evening for the 3 hour check in time. if you do arrive early naman sa Airport, pwede ka din maglibot dun kasi malaki sya and there are a lot of shops to go through.

So as you can see, I doubt you'll have time to visit Macau, IMHO, kasi uubos talaga kayo ng oras din, e almost an hour din ang travel from HK to Macau, not to mention the line in Immigration sa Ferry terminal.

2. Yes, all those mentioned na shops, nasa CityGate. :)

3. Hindi naman masyado cold, pero hindi din naman sya jacket weather, I think. Basta definitely, hindi sya kasing humid ng say August.

Hope this helps. Opinion ko lang po yan. Just enjoy na lang muna HK, then, just go to Macau some other time na lang. :)

hi djflip

1. pwede siguro, but considering na 3 days 2 nites lang kayo, i would advise against it eh. HK has a lot of places pa na you can visit, and i doubt you can finish everything in one day. Most probably kasi ganito mangyayari sa inyo e:

a. arrive in hk aiport, say 8:00 am (if you got the 5:00 am flight), you'd probably be out of immigration by say, 9:30, grab a bus or eat, either way, malamang dating mo na sa hk proper around between 11:00 to 12:00. so half a day na ang nawala sa inyo. :( now up to you if you want to look around pagdating nyo sa hotel nyo or rest muna. you could probably visit, The Peak, Symphony of Lights and Avenue of the Stars on that day na rin siguro. Kung kaya pa, you can also visit Mongkok para sa Night Market, Ladies Market. Pagod lang nga kayo. heheheh

b. 2nd day, you have Ocean Park to visit. You could probably be finished with the place ng mga 5 hours, yun e kung hindi ka na mag ra-rides :) but if you do, I'll say cguro aalis ka sa OP ng around 4 - 5 na. So ubos na din oras nyo.

c. 3rd day, assuming that you got the last flight back to Manila (10:00 pm), you have a little bit of shopping to do in the morning sa area siguro ninyo, then if you really want to go to CityGate, that's about 30 minutes travel time via MTR. So let's say dating ka dun ng 12:00 afternoon. chances are, matatapos ka sa cguro mga 2:00 or 3:00, so you have to go back to your hotel to check out (you can check out early if you want then just come back to get your luggage, just request to them na ganun gagawin mo, papayag naman sila e) then libot lang saglit, tapos head to the airport ng 6:00 in the evening for the 3 hour check in time. if you do arrive early naman sa Airport, pwede ka din maglibot dun kasi malaki sya and there are a lot of shops to go through.

So as you can see, I doubt you'll have time to visit Macau, IMHO, kasi uubos talaga kayo ng oras din, e almost an hour din ang travel from HK to Macau, not to mention the line in Immigration sa Ferry terminal.

2. Yes, all those mentioned na shops, nasa CityGate. :)

3. Hindi naman masyado cold, pero hindi din naman sya jacket weather, I think. Basta definitely, hindi sya kasing humid ng say August.

Hope this helps. Opinion ko lang po yan. Just enjoy na lang muna HK, then, just go to Macau some other time na lang. :)

all of the above are great inputs

skip macau, it will eat up at least 1 full day

enjoy !

Thank you very much sa mga inputs!

Actually eto yung parang itenerary namin as planned by my kumare(medyo broad to ah):

Day one(Saturday): Shopping agad (coz our hostel is located in Tsim Sha Tsui), and then pasyal-pasyal, tpos The Peak at around late afternoon tapos gimik na the rest of the night.

Day two(Sunday): Plan is to go be in Macau by lunchtime and go back to HK by 8-9pm (for the night shopping, etc.). Gusto kasi namin mag Macau para lng makapag bunjee-jumping and to play a little poker.

Day three(Monday): Ocean Park - gusto nila monday daw mag Ocean Park para konti tao at di hassle pumila. And after that shopping ulit.

Whatchaguysthink?

ingat lang pag bibili ka ng mga electronics stuff.. karamihan overpriced pag foreigner ka

Pag HK side ka pare-- central ( dami pinoys ..dami magbgay tip sa iyo lalu sunday sa park) , causeway bay ( dami shopping stalls ) pag tiangge dami sa eskinita pag branded and electronics habol mo sa main street ok or sa ( Times Plaza ) . , pwde din sa Taikoo ( Cityplace mall ) big mall with branded items

PAg Kowloon side -- mongkok ( tiangge ) , branded ( harbour center -tsimtsa tsui station )

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously guys, stay at Metropark Hotel Mongkok.

I personally think it has one of the best cost-to-benefit ratios.

Pag labas mo 1-2 minute walk to the MTR. May multiple convenience stores around the area.

The night market is near if that interests you.

Last time I went, I paid 830HKD for a twin sharing room with my cuz. 3-star hotel pa.

The rate can go lower if you opt for a double bed instead.

Super comfortable pa tong hotel. Minsan lang naman tayo sa HK, sulitin na lang natin. ^_^

I found an interesting mall just across Kwun Tong Station. It's called Festival Walk.

If you're having a hard time finding stuff/sizes at shops like H&M and of a similar caliber, this is the place to go. Pero may RL atbp din doon.

Overflowing dito with stocks lalo na pag sale items ang hinahanap mo. Medyo malayo kasi sa congested areas.

This mall is big as well.

For high-end stuff, I think the whole Ocean Terminal complex is one of the best.

Sobrang ganda ng shop ng Dior sa HK. Lalo na yung shop ng Dior Homme.

Hanggang tingin lang ako. Pero in fairness, naka50% off yung ibang stuff nung time na yun.

I also recommend Granville Road (buong kalye 'to) and Miramar Shopping Center, both are near Nathan Road.

The stuff at Granville Road is comparable to Tiendesitas even in price pero may high-end/obscure stuff din like Japanese Denim.

Basta ang patakaran sa Granville is that you learn to look UP. As in 2nd floor. Pero that's for the obscure stuff.

I can't wait to go back to HK. Baka sometime next year na. Hopefully. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi, madami bang italian brands dito like LV, bally, Ferragamo, etc... ? San ok pumunta na malaki usually ang discounts? thanks

You can go to Festival Walk on Kowloon Tong MTR station and then go the concierge or information counter or whatever it is they call them there...ask for a tourist booklet and then you can go use the coupons in the stores there.....Not that big of a discount....for instance 10% on new arrivals on Hugo boss and 20% yata on M & S...but if you're buying a lot. it's worth it na din.....

this must be the right place to ask a question

I will be traveling (again) to HK this December and we plan to go to macau (venetian) via ferry on our own and i never avail the services of any tour guides because it's expensive and a waste of time (going to the jewelry after the tour, forced to buy some keychains etc.), ask ko lang....from HK to Macau via jet foil ferry , pagdating ng Macau dun na ba tatatakan ang passport mo ?

Yes, macau immigration will check your travel documents before you can enter Macau....their processing is very fast just like the HK immigration at Kowloon ferry terminal....If my memory serves me right, you are given 14days to stay in Macau as tourist. Once there, try to look for the favorite pasalubong Macau is known for...its peanut brittle from KOI KEI, their store is near senado square... currency in Macau is called pataka but the value is pretty much the same as HK$....Good luck and have fun at macau..check the streets during midnight..lots of viands to choose from :) (you know what I mean)