All About Hongkong! Shopping, Hotels, Tourist Spots - Merged Threa

• 3 weeks later...

we've been staying at golden crown which is very near chungking. Been there 4 times already but so far so good.

Correct! Okay sa Golden Crown, we were there a few weeks back. They are renovating, and some of their rooms are new na. Yung mga helper nila ay Pinay so very easy to talk to them. And the location is good kasi super lapit sa TST MTR station tapos one bus ride to the airport (if you prefer not to take the Airport Express MTR) tapos maraming malapit na kainan and shopping malls.

I booked my office staff at the Silka Hotel in Kowloon. Mas mura nga doon kaysa sa mga upscale hotels like the Sheraton Hotel, Intercontinental Golden Mile, Marco Polo Hotel/Gateway/Prince, etc.

Hmmm looks cheaper nga. Good find.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Particular shop/store recommended?

I can only recommend a store selling electronics. It's called Suntec. Located in Hankow Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, HK. Look for Tony Mak. DO NOT BUY ACCESSORIES from him. That's where he puts his mark-up. Just buy the gadget you want (camera, cellphone, computers, etc.) Don't buy SD cards and other small ticket items from him.

1365314422[/url]' post='8594465']

I can only recommend a store selling electronics. It's called Suntec. Located in Hankow Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, HK. Look for Tony Mak. DO NOT BUY ACCESSORIES from him. That's where he puts his mark-up. Just buy the gadget you want (camera, cellphone, computers, etc.) Don't buy SD cards and other small ticket items from him.

Yes i know that store ... Had dealing with them before. Bought a cellphone and camera.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I used to stay in Marco Polo Gateway before they renovated the place. One superior room (cheapest, I think) can accommodate 4 people since that room has 2 double beds. My family fits there - there are 6 of us. My and my brother slept on the floor :P

Now, I think they have a stricter policy - wag pahuhuli na more than 2 people are staying in the room while checking in. Hehe.

After I got married, my and my wife stayed in Imperial Hotel along Nathan Rd in TST but their rates have shot up to unreasonable proportions (compared to what they offer) so we stay in Golden Crown instead. The money we save for hotel goes to the shopping fund instead. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hop Inn sa Carnarvon ok din. maganda ang service ng staff at facilities nila.

Korek ka dyan bro! Hop Inn is great! Rooms are smaller than Golden Crown's though (and more expensive) - which doesn't matter since you won't be hanging out in your room the whole day anyway.

The owners are very friendly and they let you borrow their laptop if you need one. Hehe.

It's also very near Guangdong Restaurant - my favorite place to get BBQ Pork (Char Siu)

Korek ka dyan bro! Hop Inn is great! Rooms are smaller than Golden Crown's though (and more expensive) - which doesn't matter since you won't be hanging out in your room the whole day anyway.

The owners are very friendly and they let you borrow their laptop if you need one. Hehe.

It's also very near Guangdong Restaurant - my favorite place to get BBQ Pork (Char Siu)

Dude, the best is 3rd & 6th floor.. If you know what I mean.. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...