Why Some People Hate Valentine's Day

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Though many couples and singles do something special to mark the occasion, almost as many on both sides of the relationship aisle confess to loathing the sugary day of romance and the stress, depression, guilt and disappointment that bubble to the surface when it arrives, maddeningly, year after year.

Some feel icky about the sappy quality that characterizes Feb. 14. Plenty of Valentine’s Day scrooges despise what they say is the corny, forced sentimentalism of a contrived, overly commercialized holiday.

Though it's technically a celebration of all manifestations of love, Valentine's Day — named for St. Valentine, who, legend has it, wrote a passionate letter to the apple of his eye from prison, which he signed "From Your Valentine" — is more about the romantic kind than anything else. Many young newlyweds said words on a page wouldn't suffice in this day in age.

Edited by artedpro
  • 2 weeks later...

cause it is also known as "my BF is cooler than your BF" day.

the day where guys do really outrageous things or spend on really impracticl stuff to impress their girls ... making me look like a terrible BF or something just because i do not feel like doing those things to the then-current gf.

its the day where you'd be ask "saan kayo ng GF mo?" to which you will either lie or tell them "i am single" and they'd give you that "awwww, wawa ka naman" look.

it is also the day where your favorite PSP is booked, but then again, i am giving up on PSP's, so that wont be really so bad.