fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

^just an insight though, the QS cat would surely decrease the value of RP's more as the reason why setup men are still sexy even though they will not be given enough opportunities they still have the chance to chalk up a Win or a Save in any game. right now, with the QS in place the bridge/setup guys would only be useful for a couple of quality innings every week...

yup, that's the idea behind QS.. :headsetsmiley: and also, as i pointed out before, QS will bridge the gap between starters from high-powered offenses against those from a not so blessed batting lineup but have quality starters.. :)

eg

Gil Meche had only 9 Wins.. why? because he doesnt have a yankee or red sox offense behind him.. but he produced 23 Quality Starts (good for 10th overall).. 23 starts with 6+ IP with less than 3 earned runs.. i think that reflects more of the starter's abilities rather than a win :)

Cole Hamels had 16 QS which he converted into 15 Wins.. i read that as everytime he has a quality start he wins, if he doesnt he gets a L or a no-decision..

will that mean that someone might pick Meche over Hamels? probably not because Meche had 13 L, Hamels only had 5 L.. there is also K, ERA and BB/9 to consider so i don't think the high profile starters would drop down in stock because of the change in W to QS..

Edited by bubuy

Nagandahan lang din ako sa pangalan ng dynasty league.. Hit & Run!

Paramihan ng masasagasa! hehe..

It's official that I'm the co-manager of the A-team keeper squad. Pareng A, oist!! anong gagawin ko? :lol:

Also, hindi naman magtatagpo yung draft date sa laban ni Pacquiao eh. By that time, alam na natin yung decision ng bout.

yes mga bro, master b, i formally invited KV to co-manage my team here sa Dynasty League since sobra ganda ng format ng league natin and sobrang ok ng efforts ni master b as our commish, so i really wanted to be competitive kaya i invited my ADVISER last year to co-manage my team....

@ KV, yung nabanggit mo dun sa PM, yun na diskarte natin sa draft!! hehehe!

Commish,

Tanong lang. What's the rationale for the L category?

i wanted a category that can be absorbed by an SP or RP.. i was thinking of another category that had fraction stats, kaya lang 2 na ang fraction stats ng pitchers (ERA and BB/9).. gusto ko sana equal lang ang fraction cats ng batting at pitching.. also, i hope it will deter churning.. :unsure:

@ayasadai & k-ville - no problem, co-GMs are welcome.. :cool:

Newbie questions po.

1. If I draft a guy who plays as DH, where will I put him in the everyday lineup considering that he is not a position player?

2. What is the effect of having two divisions? Parang AL and NL? May inter-league play rin?

3. Are we filling in all the 23 players later?

4. Maganda ba ang avatar ko? Bagay ba? Wehehe :lol:

Thanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Jongkers
Newbie questions po.

1. If I draft a guy who plays as DH, where will I put him in the everyday lineup considering that he is not a position player?

Im afraid if a player only has DH-eligibility, you can only put him in the util spot.

2. What is the effect of having two divisions? Parang AL and NL? May inter-league play rin?

Si Commish Bubuy na sasagot nito. Di ko rin kasi sure. :lol:

3. Are we filling in all the 23 players later?

Yup. If you get disconnected, yahoo will do it for you, he he

4. Maganda ba ang avatar ko? Bagay ba? Wehehe :lol:

Idol mo pala si Piolo :lol:

Thanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

lemme try to answer the questions/querries:

1) Usually DH players play 1B so they have that position eligibility though some DH are from a different position like OF or maybe even catcher. but some, like Gibbons and Mark/Mike(?) Sweeney before I think, they just have the util position with them that means they will only be eligible in leagues with Util batter/s spot.

2) I think in our league, that division thing is just for dividing the participants' teams into two and not really true to the true MLB setting of having some rule differences namely the DH spot. in reality we will have "inter-league" games scheduled just the same as us naming it in any other way. commish Bubs' or somebady else might know a bit more if we will have more games/matchups against their own division mates compared to non-division opponents.

3) not really too sure about this but I think we will have to fill up all our 23 players slot later as the minor league/farm system is offline yahoo and only will be kept in record here. commish can correct me, as usual, if I'm wrong again here.

4) I thought you were retired already?

hehehe

lemme try to answer the questions/querries:

1) Usually DH players play 1B so they have that position eligibility though some DH are from a different position like OF or maybe even catcher. but some, like Gibbons and Mark/Mike(?) Sweeney before I think, they just have the util position with them that means they will only be eligible in leagues with Util batter/s spot.

2) I think in our league, that division thing is just for dividing the participants' teams into two and not really true to the true MLB setting of having some rule differences namely the DH spot. in reality we will have "inter-league" games scheduled just the same as us naming it in any other way. commish Bubs' or somebady else might know a bit more if we will have more games/matchups against their own division mates compared to non-division opponents.

3) not really too sure about this but I think we will have to fill up all our 23 players slot later as the minor league/farm system is offline yahoo and only will be kept in record here. commish can correct me, as usual, if I'm wrong again here.

4) I thought you were retired already?

hehehe

Got it! Thanks.

Uhmm... that guy IS retired (in whatever it is that he does best... next to bubuy, of course). :lol:

Sa fantasy section lang ako ng MTC.

Fantasy leagues, I mean. ;)

Minor League draft order: 3 rounds, snake-type

Round 1

1. Roughneck Bombers

2. Human Growth Jawnz

3. Mutts with Bats

4. Anki's Keepers

5. Snitch Devil 24

6. Washington Gnats

7. The A Team

8. Camachile Batters

9. AriGold

10. The Evil Empire

11. Consig's Red Sox

12. Chicken Nuggets

13. Joshiasi

14. Chain Gang

Round 2:

15. Chain Gang

16. Joshiasi

17. Chicken Nuggets

18. Consig's Red Sox

19. The Evil Empire

20. AriGold

21. Camachile Batters

22. The A Team

23. Washington Gnats

24. Snitch Devil 24

25. Anki's Keepers

26. Mutts with Bats

27. Human Growth Jawns

28. Roughneck Bombers

Round 3:

29. Roughneck Bombers

30. Human Growth Jawnz

31. Mutts with Bats

32. Anki's Keepers

33. Snitch Devil 24

34. Washington Gnats

35. The A Team

36. Camachile Batters

37. AriGold

38. The Evil Empire

39. Consig's Red Sox

40. Chicken Nuggets

41. Joshiasi

42. Chain Gang

^I'd be happy to give you my 2nd and 3rd round prospect picks for Andruw boss...

my team sucks...

bro anki told me my 2 closers and my Yankee OF were reaches and I think I have to agree...

damnit...

1st and 3rd?

anyone interested in my farm picks??

gary matthews jr. for 2nd and 3rd rounds?