fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

master B, just a q...(since I'm just not too sure if I got it right)...

re: prospect/farm hands

if for example, I get to draft a long-term prospect and he gets called up...

can I opt not to promote him to my in-season roster

or

is it imperative for me to have him in the lineup since technically he is "active" (despite playing only spot minutes off a typical platoon situation and likely bound for the minors again)?

master B, just a q...(since I'm just not too sure if I got it right)...

re: prospect/farm hands

if for example, I get to draft a long-term prospect and he gets called up...

can I opt not to promote him to my in-season roster

Yes you can opt NOT to promote him in your fantasy major league lineup and you can also keep him in your minor/farm lineup for as long as you want.. no one else can pick him up in Y! FA pool since you have his "rights".. think of the minor league/farm lineup as an extension of our rosters..

Saan makikita ang league by-laws?

sa first post.. :D

another question, can we forfeit the prospect pick? I mean there will be no sanctions right?

yes you can opt not to pick.. the downside is that you won't have rights to certain players in the future if they are rostered by other GMs.. they make for excellent trade baits too.. :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks master B!

one last thing...

since minor league rosters carry on to the following season, this is pretty much like building up a farm program, right?

as such, would the 3-player farm limit still be enforced next season?

or are we allowed to stock up on as many young bucks as we can (provided that most of them would spend the next couple years out of the majors)?

thanks master B!

one last thing...

since minor league rosters carry on to the following season, this is pretty much like building up a farm program, right?

as such, would the 3-player farm limit still be enforced next season? NO

or are we allowed to stock up on as many young bucks as we can (provided that most of them would spend the next couple years out of the majors)?

yes, exactly.. building a farm program.. every year we get to pick 3 in the minor league draft, the 13th and 14th place has an addtl sandwich pick in the minor league draft, all teams has a Rule 5 pick midseason..

so eventually the farm system will grow and we're allowed to stockpile on them even if they've been called to the majors already.. you might have concerns like a GM locking up a very productive prospect in his farm system.. 3 things will eventually (hopefully) happen: a. force the GM to promote the player to his major/regular league lineup, b. trade the prospect and c. force GMs to make picks in the minor league draft.. :D

the way i see it, the minor/farm system is the only clearcut way we get the young bucks after this season.. ;)

@Jong - yes philippine time yang 9PM

btw, whichever day has more votes by 430PM mla time will be the FINAL schedule of our draft..

can we trade "farm rights" for picks, players, etc? can a team have more than 5 farm players?

when you say farm rights.. do you actually mean the "minor league player" or the position in your minor league draft? actually the answer to both is yes.

initially we will only draft 3 from the minor league draft, then midseason we have the Rule 5 draft.. so it's possible a team can have more than 5 minor league/farm system players..

we can trade regular (major league) players for "minor league/farm players" just like the real thing..

Once lang ba pwede bumoto? :zorro:

if you mean you want to change your vote.. feel free to do so before 430PM today..

Edited by bubuy

the Rule 5 pick is a single round draft for minor leaguers that we will do midseason (after Week 11).. basically we can have as many minor league/farm system players because some might be acquired thru trades.. we keep all minor/farm players that we have yearly, until the GM promotes him to his main fantasy roster..

the main fantasy roster, we keep only 10..

btw, take time to review the scoring cats specially the pitching cats.. i've replaced Ws with Quality Starts, this way, relievers who steal wins away from starters would be completely avoided.. QS is solely a starter's cat and SV is solely a reliever's category although both types of pitchers gets tagged with a L..

we've got Ks for the power pitchers and BB/9 for the control pitchers..

i believe this is a perfectly balanced category setup.. i was contemplating on adding Holds instead of Loss.. but as far as my analysis, Holds would k*ll the value of closers, significantly.. 7th-8th inning guys would be as valuable or more valuable than closers in a Holds league..

^just an insight though, the QS cat would surely decrease the value of RP's more as the reason why setup men are still sexy even though they will not be given enough opportunities they still have the chance to chalk up a Win or a Save in any game. right now, with the QS in place the bridge/setup guys would only be useful for a couple of quality innings every week...

the Rule 5 pick is a single round draft for minor leaguers that we will do midseason (after Week 11).. basically we can have as many minor league/farm system players because some might be acquired thru trades.. we keep all minor/farm players that we have yearly, until the GM promotes him to his main fantasy roster..

the main fantasy roster, we keep only 10..

thanks for the clarification again boss!