Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

always busy... have you read HHGG? i could send you my file on HHGG.. 5 books yon... really nice.

pass muna sa fiction dear.

my processors are engaged on our big 5 year IT plan and there's no room for costly errors. full technical mindset for a quarter of the year i guess.

but reading the story for me in a library or any quiet place would be a welcome distraction.

:mtc:

raistlin Posted on Dec 4 2003, 11:12 AM

Greeting fellow book lovers, anong plan natin sa group natin? 

hey... book lovers... and bigo at sawi.. i think kahit sa meantime girl... galing... lagi tayo nagkikita...

plan for this group? i don't know... somebody suggested lang na if ever there are book sales/ garage sales etc. inform tayo. yun lang....

i suggest we come up with a plan para mabili yung original copy ng noli me tangere from the lady in pasig! wala lang... tapos kapag nabili na natin... bigay niyo na lang sakin.. rizal addict nowadays eh.

what can we do ba? set up a foundation? and teach those who can't read? hmm.... pag mayor na ako ng parañaque sige...

why can't we have an EB??? it has been suggested before... over coffee... or do you know a place where we can have a poetry reading session or something...

or why don't we guys meet sa powerbooks... they have the java man naman.. although hindi masarap ang coffee and pastries nila... actually i don't like java man... pero i like powerbooks...

any place where we could just meet...

oh i know... punta tayo sa EK!!! wala lang... just wanted to go sa EK...

seriously speaking raistlin.. since we patronize almost the same threads...we could set up an EB for all the book lovers, the bigo at sawi and the meantime girl people....and if you're from UP.. they have an EB this saturday... can't come nga lang kasi nasa baguio me ngayon!!!

miss ko lang MTC.. naghanap ng internet cafe d2. hehe.

shrike Posted on Dec 4 2003, 12:42 PM

QUOTE (lord_rochester @ Dec 4 2003, 10:45 AM)

always busy... have you read HHGG? i could send you my file on HHGG.. 5 books yon... really nice. 

pass muna sa fiction dear.

my processors are engaged on our big 5 year IT plan and there's no room for costly errors. full technical mindset for a quarter of the year i guess.

but reading the story for me in a library or any quiet place would be a welcome distraction.

it took me 8 hours to read the first book. good luck with all the work... i could also use some distraction... unfortunately my schedule won't allow me...

i'm always busy...with school, extracurricular activities, organizations, family, messed up love life and work.. i have 5 jobs (saving up for a P900)... and and my cousin and i are going to start this new business together.. so i'm really busy right now...

maybe i could help you though... my friends tagged me as the walking processor... not that i'm a geek or anything...

hey... book lovers... and bigo at sawi.. i think kahit sa meantime girl... galing... lagi tayo nagkikita...

plan for this group? i don't know... somebody suggested lang na if ever there are book sales/ garage sales etc. inform tayo. yun lang....

i suggest we come up with a plan para mabili yung original copy ng noli me tangere from the lady in pasig! wala lang... tapos kapag nabili na natin... bigay niyo na lang sakin.. rizal addict nowadays eh.

what can we do ba? set up a foundation? and teach those who can't read? hmm.... pag mayor na ako ng parañaque sige...

why can't we have an EB??? it has been suggested before... over coffee... or do you know a place where we can have a poetry reading session or something...

or why don't we guys meet sa powerbooks... they have the java man naman.. although hindi masarap ang coffee and pastries nila... actually i don't like java man... pero i like powerbooks...

seriously speaking raistlin.. since we patronize almost the same threads...we could set up an EB for all the book lovers, the bigo at sawi and the meantime girl people....and if you're from UP.. they have an EB this saturday... can't come nga lang kasi nasa baguio me ngayon!!!

so you're still hung-up with that old lady in Pasig....if I can hook up with my childhood friends there, maybe we can come up with something :)

teach them to read??? you can't teach reading, I guess...either you have the love for it or you don't....we're in the Age of Short Attention Spans now....

ok...so any book sales? diwata had that in Dasma...did anybody check it out? there's always some sale in booktopia pero I really can't recall the books on sale...dun lang ako palagi sa travel lit....

EB? EB? EB? EK???? EEEEKKK!!!!

Medyo halos pareho lang tayo napupunta sa same thread.. :) LOL :D

Anyway nope m not from UP but I got friends there but I visited the campus during my college years and when I went to go to take the UP LAE before.

I finished my schooling in Manila. :)

Sige ba, we could be the contact person for all three threads call ka ba? :)

Good luck with your plan to purchase the original copy, did u verify the authenticity of it? Anyway the idea of teaching to read is a novel idea. :)

hmm.. UP LAE??? i plan to take that 2 years from now.. or as soon as my bestfriend is ready... i promised her kasi na we'll take it together eh...

sige tayo contact ng three threads... :)

Good luck to you on taking the UPLAE exam, medyo mahirap sya.. :) tapos may interview pa after you pass it.. :) But you will do well... :)

Sure, paano pa ang plan sa eb ng tatlo? :)

every book of judith mcnaught

every book of sydney sheldon except best laid plans

my personal favorite: if tomorrow comes

godfather - mario puzo

omerta - mario puzo

sicillian - mario puzo

actually every book of mario puzo

personal favorite: the family

every book of john grisham

personal favorite: a time to k*ll and the brethren and street lawyer

lucky - jackie collins

lady boss - jackie collins

sophies world - jostein gardner

greek mythology - edith hamilton

every book of micheal crichton

prey series of john sandford

rightfully mine - doris mortman

wild rose - doris mortman (i think thats the title)

sleeping beauty - judith micheal

every book of stephen coonts

works of larry bond, robert ludlum, and tom clancy

the EB??? when do you want it? this december? or next year? honestly with my schedule all i can do is organize it.. but i don't think i will be able to attend it... hmm.. my schedule is booked...

i'll check it first but i think i'm free on dec. 26... my secretary left that day open i think... para wala rin siyang work...

Lord, 26, that would be alright, where do u suggest we should hold all there?

ei lusty,

tama ba naman list down all the books you've read.... btw.. do you have my sophie's world? would like trillian to read it sana.. i can't find it...

richard bach pa...who else... have you tried f.sionil jose? filipino writer.. really good. and steven javellana.. author of without seeing the dawn...

the anti-christ book is still with me pala.

you forgot to list down the jeffrey archer books... and of course the lord rochester book... and the francesca book.

i also love the catcher.. messed up my mind...

you also forgot that you like my poems... :D would have been better if don't write in down on a piece of table napkin and throw it away... hmm... :boo:

i already emailed you the HHGG file.

see you later ... shopping mode today ... i'm not going to work... to hell with them.. i wanna go shopping ok? :cool: :mtc: :wub: shopping!!