• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

You guys have got to try Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Those 2 are great books.

Other authors I read are James Patterson especially with his Alex Cross books and of course Tom Clancy. Too bad patay na si Robert Ludlum, he's good as well.

for me the best sa lahat ng books na nabasa ko ay ang The Notebook its a love story

written by Nicholas Sparkes, and lahat naman ng books niya ay the best!

kaya i would suggest sa lahat na sana try nio basahin

yung mga books niya specially yung THE NOTEBOOK ... ciao!

may bago si nicholas sparks I just bought it last sunday kaya lang hindi ko pa nababasa ang dami pang nakapila... Road to Rondanthe

just like my taste in music, my taste for novels is also very eclectic, ranging from the romantic to the creepy/weird... anyway... some of my favorite authors are:

1. j.k. rowling

2. stephen king / richard bachman

3. dean koontz

4. john sandford

5. robert ludlum

6. lawrence sanders

7. sydney sheldon

8. nicholas sparks

9. john grisham

10. paulo coelho

11. mitch albom

12. jessica zafra

13. anne rice

1. Jostein Gaarder

2. Rizal (my spaniard professor adore him, said i should read his works in spanish to fully understand all its sutlety).

3. Robert Kiyosaki..

4. I like technical books too. fixing this and that, making this and that etc..

5. I like books about conspiracy, mystery...

can't list all my fave authors here. too long.. :)

1. Anne Rice-Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair Witches and others

2. John Grisham ( I love his books!!!)

3. R.R. Tolkien (Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit)

4. Jude Devereux

5. J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter Books)

6. sidney Sheldon (Sands of Time, Doomsday Conspiracy and many others...)

7. OG Mandino

8. Napoleon Hill

9. John Maxwell

10. Paulo Coelho

11. Stephen King

12. Richard Bachman

13... and sobrang dmai pang ibang books

If you love books, this is the thread to be. From local romance pocket books, to JK rowling's harry potter, from Robert kiyosaki's rich dad poor dad to tolkien's Lord of the rings, from fiction to non-fiction, from romance to suspense. As long as it is in printed word, it is included here.

Some notable books that i've read are: Lord of the Rings trilogy by Tolkien, War of the Lance trilogy, Legend of Huma, Love Story by Erich Segall, The Power of One, John Grisham novels, etc.

So let me begin by recommending my favorites according to their genre: If you like romance, read Love Story by Erich Seagall. Nothing comes close to it. Bar none. Medieval fantasy: Legend of Huma by richard knaak, war of the lance trilogies, and of course (duh), lord of the rings. Courtroom drama: all books by john grisham. And so forth which are too many to mention.

Just post any book you like and state the reasons why. It's intended readers, synopsis, etc. Kinda like a mini book review.

Let the reading begin. B)

i am posting here coz i know that u all are book fanatics so im asking for your help....

well a friend of mine wrote his first book ever... soon it will hit the shelves but not yet... lets wait when it would be...

thus im asking for your help to support him and his book. he is a filipino by the way. a young filipino writer.

im posting the site where few chapters of that book could be read. you can read a part of the book to give you a glimpse as to what it is all about.

it is a great book by the way... i am confident that you will like it too. err infact like is an understatement.. i will bet you will LOVE that book. and that it is worth your money and time..

Orange is a novel, a modern day love story of two very distinct personalities - Archie and Anna. It is written in a shifting first person point-of-view. Some chapters are narrated through Archies's eyes, and others, through Anna's

It speaks of youthful idealism and disillusionment, hopeful dreams and harsh realities. It mirrors how the typical youth of today struggle and strive to find purpose and meaning in their lives. Orange is also a discovery of life issues that directly or indirectly affect the Filipino youth, such as politics, radical extremist ideologies, drugs, smoking, sex, abortion, and religious faith.

visit the site to learn more about it.... http://www.orange.com.ph

so please spread the word around... :D

buy the book when it hits the market...

thank u

:rolleyes: ako din booklover!! weheheheh!!

my faves are:

>tuesdays with morrie

-kung gusto nyong maiyak ito ang dapat sa inyo...weheheh!! this is all about life. ang sumulat ung student at ang sinulat nya tungkol sa life ng professor nya. definitely a must-read...magbabago tingin mo sa buhay mo...

>hot summer nights

-mukhang panghorny peeps pero nde!! heheheh!!! love story sya. as inpanghigh school pero ang lakas ng dating saken. as in parang makikita mo sarili mo don..eheheh.

>paradise (judith mcnaught)

-the best sa lahat ng novels nya!! syempre pati something wondeful

>harry potter

-di ko pa tapos basahin ang hp5..pero ang gaganda talaga nilang lahat!!

>prayer of jabez

-religious book to.. narecommend saken..it teaches us the right and effective way to pray. yung ngrecommend nito natupad lahat ng wishes nya...

un lang po...isip pa ako ng iba.. :D :D