Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

haha bakit nga ba fluff...

cause they are generally well written books, with a good plot and sensible dialogue...

but nde nman sya "serious" novel...

medyo mababaw na libro basahin but i like em anyway :)

my sister calls em "girlbooks" hehehe...

Ohhh... I get it. Looks good, Taste good but totally not filling :)

I didn't read memoirs of a geisha because the there was something about the book's cover that turned me off. A lot of my friends like it though and even my younger sister adores it. Maybe if I can find a copy without a cover, I can bring myself to read it :)

walang open copy dun, tsaka bawal private reading

di bale na, nakabili naman ako ng Tom clancy na bear and dragon sa book sale eh

hehe.. yung mga gusto ko dating basahin pero ayaw nman bilhin binabasa ko na lang sa national...

buksan ko book den indian seat ako dun sa isang gilid.. hahaha

Might be off-topic, but I really don't want to offend the Tolkien fans by posting it in their thread. Anyway I just discovered that there was a prior book to the LOTR series and it was written by Poul Anderson entitled Broken Sword. It deals with the same dwarves and elves, orcs, trolls, goblins and etc. It even mentions the Durandin and etc. dwarven names. Although the storyline is different, it does put into question whether or not Tolkien is indeed the father of fantasy as we know it.

hmmm...

Hmm, you sure dude? :unsure:

I mean, about the dates?

I thought that JJR lived like, decades ago while Poul Anderson started fairly recently, say a decade or so ago.

sandman is fantasy...

try readin it :) mewon sa powerbooks. medjo mahal nga lang... :)

Hahaha!

I'll take your word for it. :)

The words "mahal" and "books" just don't go together for me. :D

As I said before, I prefer buying used books on the cheap. B)

Hehehe....

Hahaha!

I'll take your word for it. :)

The words "mahal" and "books" just don't go together for me. :D

As I said before, I prefer buying used books on the cheap. B)

Hehehe....

Awww....

I always thought "mahal" and books go hand in hand. I mean I love my books :) Poor wulfie, you should learn to love your books. Books = Love. Like the song goes: No woman, no cry. In my case: No books, I cry. :)

As for Poul Anderson, I did double check my dates on the publishing dates of the books, it seems accurate that Poul went first with the concept. Tolkien though was just older, Poul, I think was barely out of his twenties when his book got published. :)

P.S.

I'm just kidding about about knowing what you mean. when it comes to "mahal" and books. hehehehehe