Beer Drinkers -- What Is Your Beer?

And a bit of trivia, according to a study, SML and Pale Pilsen are now neck and neck in terms of market share. The marketing ploy for SML is working very well.

as far as I know (a friend of mine used to work for San Mig), Lite was chewing up Pale's market as early a couple of years ago, to the point na dealers actually had a hard time moving Pale in the Metro areas for months.

anyhow, I really just miss San Mig---Pale, Dry, Lite, Negra...

<_<

hindi naman sa ako ay isang un-patriotic na pinoy.... pero base sa mga ratings ng beer sa buong mundo - smb super dry in rated E to D-, as against to some stouts, lagers or ale na brewed by some small brewery in the Us or Belgium. as far as i know, the only highly rated beer among the smb lines ay yung serbesa negra tas red horse. Alam nyo ba ibig sabihin ng E at D- Avoid.

E or D= Avoid?

Bakit naman, sir? What's the explanation behind that? :unsure:

try mo sa mga sm supermarkets, alam ko meron pa silang ganyan eh.

OK na, sir. Nakabili ako sa SM Hypermarket (Sucat) :D

Thanks for the info.

San Miguel very recently launched a premium all-malt beer. I wonder how that will taste. For now, SML for me.

Hmm, ano kaya lasa nun? What's the name?

as far as I know (a friend of mine used to work for San Mig), Lite was chewing up Pale's market as early a couple of years ago, to the point na dealers actually had a hard time moving Pale in the Metro areas for months.

anyhow, I really just miss San Mig---Pale, Dry, Lite, Negra...

<_<

If I may ask, bakit naman, sir?

• 2 weeks later...

san mig super dry din ang choice ko, and i had ditched san mig light for super dry since mas masarap ang lasa nito, tama lang in between pale and light.. saka in my opinion pakiramdam ko ladies' drink ang san mig light dahil eto fave orderin' ng mga nae-encounter kong girls sa mga nightclubs..

I don't think so. Worst I've had here in the Phils is COORS. Tastes like half a bottle of SML + half a glass of water. Marami pang American brands dyan na sobrang tabang, Super Dry doesn't seem all that bad compared to them.

You're right. I'll never buy another bottle of Coors here at the PI. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Super Dry is better than Pilsen, Strong Ice or SML....

Simply straightforward. :cool:

I get the runs everytime I drink pale pilsen

Being a San Miguel Employee back in the Old days had its Ups... No real downs.

One of the major benefits working at Corporate HQ was free Beer after 5pm back then

So when the Barkadas would end the day and we were all in the Office, Like one big happy

family we would troop to the canteen, grab free wrong level extra dry beer bottles, end the day sharing life over a lot of Beer. It was only Extra Dry that

Left me without any hang over and ready for work the next day very alert and

very cool

Extra Dry I believe is one of the Best the beer division ever produced

I just wonder bakit ayaw ng iba. Kaya pala you only have it in Grocery Stores

and At my House when I expect company that drink beer.

• 1 month later...

Maybe 'di talaga trip ng Pinoys ang lasa ng sper dry hence everywhere you go (where they served beer) ang kadalasang iniinom ng mga beer drinkers ay pale pilsen at sml. Add to that its price, as it's price is a tad higher than that of pale pilsen and sml. Coors is the worst, I drank 2 bottles at hindi ko talaga maintindihan ang lasa, may tama s'ya pero ang sama ng lasa, maybe its got something to do with the fact that this is locally distributed (and probably manufactured) by asia brewery whose beer brand "beer na beer" would give me stomach runs the 2 times that I tried the said brand. If you guys would remember asia brewery din ang nag-distribute ng budweiser dito sa Pinas at di ko din gusto ang lasa nito..

I get the runs everytime I drink pale pilsen

Being a San Miguel Employee back in the Old days had its Ups... No real downs.

One of the major benefits working at Corporate HQ was free Beer after 5pm back then

So when the Barkadas would end the day and we were all in the Office, Like one big happy

family we would troop to the canteen, grab free wrong level extra dry beer bottles, end the day sharing life over a lot of Beer. It was only Extra Dry that

Left me without any hang over and ready for work the next day very alert and

very cool

Extra Dry I believe is one of the Best the beer division ever produced

I just wonder bakit ayaw ng iba. Kaya pala you only have it in Grocery Stores

and At my House when I expect company that drink beer.

Sounds like a little slice of heaven for me.... :rolleyes:

only Strong ice for me...me lambing sa dulo..lol!

Sa dulo ung lambing? :huh:

Oo nga pala, ung tagline nila: Slide smooth, strike strong. :hypocritesmiley:

• 1 month later...