How Can I Quit Smoking?

• 4 weeks later...

If quitting cold turkey does not work, don't give up. Smoking is an addiction and depending on how much you smoke it might take several tries. Also, you could try any of the Nicotine Replacement Therapy on the market today. Your job health insurance might even cover them for free. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Cancer. Best way to stop smoking, you will die, titigil ka pag namatay ka. That is inevitably what will happen if you persist in smoking - there are other diseases too, so just replace lung cancer with whatever floats your boat. Enough nagging on my part, think about this, you will inevitably give the people close to you health problems if you smoke. Do you really want to subject your parents, siblings, significant others ... or even children diseases because you cannot help the urge to sniff what is virtually slow-acting poison? If may su-suicide ka, wag ka mag damay. Namatayan na ako ng friend because his parents could not quit smoking. He developed lung cancer, shortly after he died the person responsible for his cancer - his father - got it too, he died as well. Better you smoke on a bullet, shoot yourself, wag ka na mangdamay ng ibang tao sa suicide mo.

Edited by CoolStoryBro

QUIT IMMEDIATELY...
What you can do to ease the withdrawal symptoms?
1.) Sabayan mo ng cleansing diet (more green and leafy vegetables & fruits)
2.) Drink lots of water
3.) Exercise para pagpawisan (Will help release the toxins faster)
4.) Mas ok sana if you can take a regular swim sa dagat (salt water). Pero salted water applied on your skin
and allowed to dry for 15mins will do (Do atleast 2 times a day), then rinse and wash thoroughly. Salt attracts
water, water will carry the toxins
5.) You can also try the SAUNA or STEAM BATH for 15mins once a day
6.) Keep yourself busy. Idle time will put your mind on lighting a cigarette
7.) Read about the ill effects of smoking. Look at pictures showing illnesses caused by smoking

I STOPPED SMOKING 10 years ago....Am glad I stopped....Do not wait until you cannot enjoy life anymore
because you are too sick to even lift a finger. Believe me, you will pray to all the GODS and SAINTS you know,
once you get sick and unable to breathe easily.

Edited by peacemaker8

Disiplina ang pinakaimportante. Mindset din of a healthier lifestyle. Be motivated!!

Kung hindi kaya, pinakamagandang magagawa mo is to reduce significantly. I used to smoke a pack a day, ngayon, dahil sa pagbawas ng unti unti, 5 sticks max nalang sa isang araw. Kaya yan, disiplina lang talaga.

• 4 weeks later...

Disiplina lang talaga. I USED to quit smoking before pero dahil masarap I went back to it. Technique lang is cold turkey - hindi yung biglaan kasi matindi ang relapse at withdrawal symptoms mo nun. Dapat gradual lang. Identify the common triggers for lighting one up like after meals, during coffee intake, sa kubeta or even when you're bored; just think of an alternative to those.

Eto effective method that I personally discovered by pure accident and it works: to completely overcome the craving, you have to perform ten (10) deep inhale and exhale breathing exercise, doing this replicates yung pagbuga mo ng yosi and effectively tricks your mind that you are actually smoking pero you're not.

Another thing, throw away your lighter. :rolleyes:

Edited by glut_func
  • 3 months later...

Quiting is a long process, it takes a large amount of discipline and tenacity but is achievable..

Step 1:

Before lighting your stick, cut off half an inch. This reduces the amount that you're taking. As long as you don't light up another one kung bitin.. It takes a lot of Discipline.. Gradually increase the amount that you cut off until you reach half a stick. Then proceed to step 2

Step 2:

CONGRATULATIONS! Now you only smoke half a stick! What an achievement!! Control yourself not to light up another one, just consume the same amount of sticks like you had from the start. You'll keep it that way until you get a mind set of smoking less

Step 3:

Now you are already smoking less, try to reduce the number of sticks per day. This will now depend on your determination and willingness..

Me, after reaching half a stick, I found it pathetic.. I just stopped smoking, and it felt good! i tell you.. Now, whenever I try a stick, it always feels like the first time, I get to taste the bitterness and the relish of smoking goes away..

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

di ata ubra sakin ang biglaan hehe 15yrs akong smoker eh (yosi at ganja yan ah) pero eto balik ako sa day 1 uli.

nag stop ako nung monday kaso bumigay bigla hahaha pero yung ganja isang week nang wala. masasabi ko lang na nakaka ulul siya talaga men lalo pag sanay na sanay ka na may usok tapos biglang wala hahaha!

nakahanap naman ako ng ibang trip.. tamang buhat, swimming, sex, surf, takbo, bike basta malibang at mapagod lang haha

good luck sakin!