The Sun Complaint Thread

grovel

same question.. hope someone replies.. thanks

up to 2Mbps? hahahahaha.

consider yourself very lucky if you even get 1/4 of that 2Mbps consistently.

nowhere in my almost 2months of using Sun bro did I get at least 1/3 of that 2mbps.

I have Sun's 799 and 1,399 and I've been in touch with their CTSS, but still same crappy service.

(btw I have Globe Tatoo and Smartbro USB too)

limited to only browsing, if you plan to do other else, forget it. :thumbsdownsmiley:

the service is good while in metro manila.

tried the service in the laguna area, nawawala na ang signal

I'm in QC.

The Sun radio group field technical support and another Sun field surveyor group validated my observation that the 'signal' is good (full bar).

I'm effing 200 mtrs away from the nearest and theres another base 1.2km away, all within clear LOS (as if its needed for 3G).

the crap starts on the core group (data). It might take a long time for them to chew what they've attempted to bite. :thumbsdownsmiley:

lucky is the guy who gets consistent 1/4 of 2Mbps or 3Mbps.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sun will choke your connection if you enter file sharing sites such as torrent. while sun may deny this, I have proof that they do so. and it is not new. service providers in the usa also choke connections to torrent files, and they do not tell their subscribers.

How do you check if your connection is being choked? I've just finished downloading a 700MB file via torrent and so far the connection seems good. I'm currently downloading 7 files via torrent with 2.11Gb being the largest as i am posting this. How do I check if the connection is being choked? Di kaya it's because of the torrent client app?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a sun user since september of last year (plan 799 easy unlimited). Ngayon I average at 0.15Mbps. Minsan pag sinusuwerte pumapalo ng 0.27mbps. I'm in mandaluyong which should be fast. Tried speedtest.net sa sunshop sa Robinson's Pioneer, they get 1.25Mbps. Pero dito sa amin sa labas ng bahay 0.28Mbps na ang pinakamabilis.

I'm planning to complain about this. Nakakainis kasi I'm using the connection every day for work. Anyone else have the same problem? Mas mabilis ba ang smartbro and/or Globe Tatoo?

TIA.

• 3 weeks later...

Been using Sun Broadband Wireless kit for about 3 days now... Ito yung supposed free sa hp laptops na broadband kit na may free unlimited internet for 3 months... Bought it for 1K sa isang shop sa megamall. Taguig Area ako near Bicutan. Napaka-bagal ng connection lalo na sa gabi hanggang madaling araw. Halos di ka makapag-browse kahit isang webpage lang. Hindi ito pwede sa downloads. Tamang pang YM lang to for chat, other than that, totally useless na. Sa umaga (kapag may sun) mejo mabilis. Atleast may 3 months akong free unlimited internet na mas mabagal pa sa dial up connection. Kung walang kwenta cellular networks nila, mas malala ang broadband services nila.