Acer Desktops And Notebooks

i use acer extensa pero hndi ko alalm panu gamitin ung bluetooth niya??

panu po ba??

thnx...

Hi i used acer extensa also maybe i could help u...open ur acer extensa bluetooth, then open any device na may bluetooth, like cellphone or laptop na may bluetooth din...double click the bluetooth icon on ur laptop...on DEVICE menu click ADD then click MY DEVICE IS SET UP AND READY TO BE FOUND then click NEXT...just follow the instruction on the screen...HOPE THIS INFO WILL HELP U... :headsetsmiley:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im using acer extensa too , pero nung nilaro ko ung G G tiberium wars nainstall ko pero about several seconds on the game either sa training o sa campaign biglang babalik sa desktop screen at sasabihing windows have encountered a problem...vista home pemium at GMA x3100 ung video card 256MB .. 1.8 GHZ at 3 GB HDD ..papayo naman mga bossing.. balak ko din na ibenta nalamng ito at bili ng acer 6920 ung may bluray pero problem ko lang ung controller sa entrtainment system nya pero ok na ok na sounds video xcard nya

i'm assuming that the reason you can't run tiberium wars is your video card (or lack thereof).

the intel gma x3100 is only a video acclerator and is not a dedicated video card..so the 256 MB of video memory is actually shared. which is not enough for a lot of games these days. if you're a gamer then you should have gotten a laptop with a dedicated video card. (i'm using a ACER Aspire 4520G, which uses the nVIDIA GeForce 8400M G--> 128 MB of dedicated video memory with hypermemory up to 1GB..and it runs most games quite nicely.)

to get the most out of your rig, i would suggest updating the driver for your x3100. maybe that would help.

mga bossing madali bang masira ang battery ng acer laptop. pambihira wala pang 1 year ung laptop ng sis in law ko ayaw ng magon malamang battery ang sira. ano bang recommended na battery para dito. how can we avoid this problem>?

i bought my ACER laptop last december and so far i haven't had any problems with the battery. its battery life isn't what it used to be when i first bought it (i don't expect it to be with all the memory hungry and processor heavy apps i'm running), but its still gives me a solid 1.5 hours.

last week, i thought i had the same problem though. my laptop wouldn't turn on!

but after a bit of troubleshooting, i found out that it wasn't my battery but my power supply. the cord that connects the power supply to my laptop had snapped. i brought it to the shop were i bought it and they showed me where the break was. they suggested i bring it to acer or to a shop in park square one that specializes in laptops. being the lazy bum that i am, i spliced the cable, found the broken wires and fixed it myself.

i wouldn't recommend doing that yourself as it will void your warranty. hehehe..

why not try bringing it to an ACER service center or where you bought it? just to make sure that the battery is the problem before going out and buying a new battery. :) and if the laptop is less than a year old, then it should still be covered by the warranty. :)

Hi Guys!

I'm planning to buy an ASPIRE ONE (The one with the XP Home OS) and I got a couple of (stupid) questions:

1. Can I connect an external DVD burner with this unit so that I can burn DVDs/CDs? Kaya ba ng RAM nito yun?

-1.6GHz of processing power with 512MB of RAM can accomodate an External DVD Burner via USB.

2. How would I install an anti-virus in this unit? Eh wala ngang disk drive to'?

-Copy the files to a USB pen drive and install from there or from an external USB Optical Drive (External DVD Burner via USB)

Thanks!

Edited by pintor
Hi Guys!

I'm planning to buy an ASPIRE ONE (The one with the XP Home OS) and I got a couple of (stupid) questions:

1. Can I connect an external DVD burner with this unit so that I can burn DVDs/CDs? Kaya ba ng RAM nito yun?

2. How would I install an anti-virus in this unit? Eh wala ngang disk drive to'?

Thanks!

try downloading an anti-virus off the good ol' internet. :)

i would recommend AVG. it doesn't eat up all your memory and can easily run in the background without interrupting your work. updates are easy and quick. and best of all, ITS FREE. :)

if you've got a solid connection, downloading, installing and setup will take you less than 15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i'm assuming that the reason you can't run tiberium wars is your video card (or lack thereof).

the intel gma x3100 is only a video acclerator and is not a dedicated video card..so the 256 MB of video memory is actually shared. which is not enough for a lot of games these days. if you're a gamer then you should have gotten a laptop with a dedicated video card. (i'm using a ACER Aspire 4520G, which uses the nVIDIA GeForce 8400M G--> 128 MB of dedicated video memory with hypermemory up to 1GB..and it runs most games quite nicely.)

to get the most out of your rig, i would suggest updating the driver for your x3100. maybe that would help.

i bought my ACER laptop last december and so far i haven't had any problems with the battery. its battery life isn't what it used to be when i first bought it (i don't expect it to be with all the memory hungry and processor heavy apps i'm running), but its still gives me a solid 1.5 hours.

last week, i thought i had the same problem though. my laptop wouldn't turn on!

but after a bit of troubleshooting, i found out that it wasn't my battery but my power supply. the cord that connects the power supply to my laptop had snapped. i brought it to the shop were i bought it and they showed me where the break was. they suggested i bring it to acer or to a shop in park square one that specializes in laptops. being the lazy bum that i am, i spliced the cable, found the broken wires and fixed it myself.

i wouldn't recommend doing that yourself as it will void your warranty. hehehe..

why not try bringing it to an ACER service center or where you bought it? just to make sure that the battery is the problem before going out and buying a new battery. :) and if the laptop is less than a year old, then it should still be covered by the warranty. :)

I'm using acer aspire 4720. ok naman. bought it last year january so 1 year na siya. medyo mabagal lang siya mag boot and shut down. I'm guessing probably kasi 1 gb ddr2 lang. someone told me to disable the empowering technology. can anyone tell me if this would help solve the slow booting concern? tia.

Could any of you gentlemen recommend a laptop that goes for around P50K? Not concerned with size, weight or aesthetics, just want to use it for the usual MS Office stuff, internet and a little gaming, but not the really new or complicated games.

Could any of you gentlemen recommend a laptop that goes for around P50K? Not concerned with size, weight or aesthetics, just want to use it for the usual MS Office stuff, internet and a little gaming, but not the really new or complicated games.

I would suggest Sony Vaio. Actually there are many laptops around for your requirements that should be much less than your budget doc.

I would suggest Sony Vaio. Actually there are many laptops around for your requirements that should be much less than your budget doc.

Thanks Master, but to maximize my laptop loan I'm looking at the 50K range. I'm considering a Toshiba Satellite or Sony Vaio but I wanted to look at the Dell line of laptops first. I'm deferring buying because I have a feeling this is one of items that should go down in price due to the economic recession. Do you think this will happen?

Thanks Master, but to maximize my laptop loan I'm looking at the 50K range. I'm considering a Toshiba Satellite or Sony Vaio but I wanted to look at the Dell line of laptops first. I'm deferring buying because I have a feeling this is one of items that should go down in price due to the economic recession. Do you think this will happen?

I'm not sure po if prices will go down. Though i see a lot of freebies plus discounts being thrown specially if cash purchase.

I'm using acer aspire 4720. ok naman. bought it last year january so 1 year na siya. medyo mabagal lang siya mag boot and shut down. I'm guessing probably kasi 1 gb ddr2 lang. someone told me to disable the empowering technology. can anyone tell me if this would help solve the slow booting concern? tia.

bro try using "HIBERNATE MODE", booting and shut down of your laptop will be faster... :headsetsmiley: :goatee:

• 3 weeks later...

Acer Aspire 4935 is also a good choice, This uses the new intel processor Centrino 2 with 1066Mhz FSB