Acer Desktops And Notebooks

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i got acer extensa 5420. ok naman kaso parang mahina talaga sound ng acer tsaka ang isa pang problema ko, kapag naglalaro ako, matindi ung lag kapag tumagal na tsaka nag ooff siya so i have to keep it inclined para di mag off. :)

use laptop cooler pad para ma reduce yung operating temperature nung unit mo :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
guys

I need a technician to upgrade my PC desktop

and also my laptop

can somebody recommend ? taga manila lang po ako

What is your present setup? What kind of upgrade do you have in mind? What do you use your computer for? How much are you willing to spend?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi I own a acer 4736 with graphic card na Intel GMA 4500MHD

I haven't install any games, kasi im not sure if it will work, kaya kaya niya ang gg client (warcraft) and wow (world of warcraft) and even some level up games like krazycart etc etc...

I had some prob with the speaker too, pag high tone na na brobroke yung sound... wala pa siyang 2 weeks brand new... defective kaya?

mga bossing madali bang masira ang battery ng acer laptop. pambihira wala pang 1 year ung laptop ng sis in law ko ayaw ng magon malamang battery ang sira. ano bang recommended na battery para dito. how can we avoid this problem>?

i'm assuming that the reason you can't run tiberium wars is your video card (or lack thereof).

the intel gma x3100 is only a video acclerator and is not a dedicated video card..so the 256 MB of video memory is actually shared. which is not enough for a lot of games these days. if you're a gamer then you should have gotten a laptop with a dedicated video card. (i'm using a ACER Aspire 4520G, which uses the nVIDIA GeForce 8400M G--> 128 MB of dedicated video memory with hypermemory up to 1GB..and it runs most games quite nicely.)

to get the most out of your rig, i would suggest updating the driver for your x3100. maybe that would help.

i bought my ACER laptop last december and so far i haven't had any problems with the battery. its battery life isn't what it used to be when i first bought it (i don't expect it to be with all the memory hungry and processor heavy apps i'm running), but its still gives me a solid 1.5 hours.

last week, i thought i had the same problem though. my laptop wouldn't turn on!

but after a bit of troubleshooting, i found out that it wasn't my battery but my power supply. the cord that connects the power supply to my laptop had snapped. i brought it to the shop were i bought it and they showed me where the break was. they suggested i bring it to acer or to a shop in park square one that specializes in laptops. being the lazy bum that i am, i spliced the cable, found the broken wires and fixed it myself.

i wouldn't recommend doing that yourself as it will void your warranty. hehehe..

why not try bringing it to an ACER service center or where you bought it? just to make sure that the battery is the problem before going out and buying a new battery. :) and if the laptop is less than a year old, then it should still be covered by the warranty. :)

dudes ... acer is still tops because you can get an extended two year warranty available at their shop at paz guanio st . like apple, you just have to shell out a bit of cash (depending on the price of your laptop / desktop ) and you're worry free for three years. i paid P 29 Kfor my laptop 3 years ago ( kasama na yung upgrade from 1 to 2 gig of ram ) and i paid extra 7 K for two years additional warranty which stacked up with the original one year warranty that came with the unit.

speaking from personal experience , i've changed my dvd rom 2x , had the fan repaired, changed my battery , replaced my keyboard 2x and also had my lcd panel replaced.

after three years my acer laptop is still working great ( of course kailangan ng personal pag-iingat and maintenance ).am thinking of upgrading my laptop again and DEFINITELY i'm looking at another acer.

guys ask ko lang, pede ba ako mag palagay ng dedicated na memory para sa games?

two types of memory sir ... one is the video card memory and the other is RAM. best bet is to buy a high memory video card ( my 8800GT nvidia has 512 mb ) which i coupled with 2 gig of RAM on my dual core 2.2 ghz intel powered pc. usually 2 GB of ram is good enough to run the latest games.

para sure ... look at the system specs needed to run the game and take it from there sir. hope this helps.