Acer Desktops And Notebooks

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Acer Aspire 4745G, very happy with it (it cost less than 40K). Core i3-370M, 4GB DDR3 and 1GB mid-range ATI Radeon 4650 dedicated GPU. Ok naman performance sa mga less system demanding games like Halo 2, Company of Heroes, StarCraft 2, etc. I used to own an Acer Travelmate which i sold to an officemate after 2 years of problem-free use.

Made an error on the GPU spec, it's a Mobility Radeon 5650 not a "4650"

Full spec:

CPU: Core i3-370M; 2.4GHz (Dual Core; 2 threads per core)

Memory: 4GB DD3 (upgraded from 2GB)

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 5650/1GB dedicated DDR3 (DX 11) and Intel GMA HD/125MB (DX 10); switchable

HHD: 500GB

USB: 4 slots

Card Reader: multi-in-one

HDMI: 1 slot

Ethernet: Gigabit

Webcam: 1.3MP

Optical Drive; Mutli-Layer DVD-RW

Wifi: b/g/n

Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR

It didn't come with Windows 7 OS to keep the price down. Mine came with Linux which i quicky removed and replaced with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont know if my emachines em350d fits the topic pero i believe that acer bought emachines so yeah...

i also have an acer aspire 5520g, which is soon to be in retired status.. as far as im concerned, acer laptops are the best when it come to price-specs ratio. eto lagi kong nirerecomend pag my nagtatanong saken kung anong magandang laptop/netbook in the market.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Would like to hear your comments re acer aspire na intel atom dual core I think but not so sure. I saw it sa abenson and it costs around 16k. Would this be a good buy for me if to be used lang for internet and mainly office work. Your replies would be greatly appreciated

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone. Would like to hear your comments re acer aspire na intel atom dual core I think but not so sure. I saw it sa abenson and it costs around 16k. Would this be a good buy for me if to be used lang for internet and mainly office work. Your replies would be greatly appreciated

i'm thinking this is an acer aspire one?

caveat: might be slow for heavy spreadsheet/editing work if your work requires some of that, but otherwise should be a pretty good buy. just shop around a bit more for price checks though. not too sure but 16 sounds a bit expensive for what is essentially a netbook given that acer already has its sandy bridge models out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a mid-entry Acer laptop worth around 26k. Equipped with a Core i5 processor and a Nvidia Geforce graphics card. Forgot the model name though. Nasa bahay kasi yung laptop. Hehe!

My thoughts on my unit:

PROS:

-sleek looking (brushed steel look all around) and one of the slimmest laptops in the market;

-performs really well as advertised;

-ok pang gaming -- kaya yung Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Black Flag at medium settings;

-you can add an extra RAM stick since there are two slots available -- one is factory equipped with a 4GB stick and the other can be equipped with an additional stick with not more than 8GB of RAM;

-factory-equipped with a 1TB hard drive -- just wow;

-wireless connection is really fast and stable;

-superb battery life;

-fast charging; and

-really nice speakers.

CONS:

-starts slow -- sluggish sya upon boot up pero bumibilis naman as you are using it. Siguro mga 10mins after boot up, dun mo pa lang mararamdaman yung smoothness at bilis ng performance;

-materials used kinda feel flimsy. Made of plastic ang body and it feels like it is super fragile; and

-I think it's a little bit pricey since you can get a higher spec and updated Asus laptop for the same price.

Am I happy about this laptop?

> Definitely. I've been a desktop PC lover ever since mainly because of AAA gaming but this one changed the way I view laptops after just a few days of daily use. Plus, the RAM can be upgraded to a whopping 16GB. Imagine having this kind of memory sa laptop mo.

Bang for the buck?

> Sort of. I was supposed to get an ASUS unit because for the same price, the specs are higher and the model is updated. However, I decided to go with Acer since their freebies at that time are really competitive. Imagine getting an Acer smartwatch valued at around PhP2,000.00, a branded wireless mouse valued at PhP600.00 and a legit Transcend 16GB Ultra flash drive valued at around PhP1,000.00. Also, Acer got me because of its 1TB of hard drive storage as most laptops in the market are usually factory-equipped with a maximum of 500GB storage only.

Will I recommend this to others?

> Somehow. I usually recommend ASUS laptops only because of its durability and features but Acer really gives them a good competition here. So it's now Acer v. ASUS kapag magrerecommend ako. Hehe! If only Acer uses a stronger and more durable material for its body and chassis.

I have a mid-entry Acer laptop worth around 26k. Equipped with a Core i5 processor and a Nvidia Geforce graphics card. Forgot the model name though. Nasa bahay kasi yung laptop. Hehe!

My thoughts on my unit:

PROS:

-sleek looking (brushed steel look all around) and one of the slimmest laptops in the market;

-ok pang gaming -- kaya yung Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Black Flag at medium settings;

-you can add an extra RAM stick since there are two slots available -- one is factory equipped with a 4GB stick and the other can be equipped with an additional stick with not more than 8GB of RAM;

-superb battery life;

-fast charging; and

-really nice speakers.

CONS:

-starts slow -- sluggish sya upon boot up pero bumibilis naman as you are using it. Siguro mga 10mins after boot up, dun mo pa lang mararamdaman yung smoothness at bilis ng performance;

-materials used kinda feel flimsy. Made of plastic ang body and it feels like it is super fragile; and

-I think it's a little bit pricey since you can get a higher spec and updated Asus laptop for the same price.

> Definitely. I've been a desktop PC lover ever since mainly because of AAA gaming but this one changed the way I view laptops after just a few days of daily use. Plus, the RAM can be upgraded to a whopping 16GB. Imagine having this kind of memory sa laptop mo.

Bang for the buck?

> Sort of. I was supposed to get an ASUS unit because for the same price, the specs are higher and the model is updated. However, I decided to go with Acer since their freebies at that time are really competitive. Imagine getting an Acer smartwatch valued at around PhP2,000.00, a branded wireless mouse valued at PhP600.00 and a legit Transcend 16GB Ultra flash drive valued at around PhP1,000.00. Also, Acer got me because of its 1TB of hard drive storage as most laptops in the market are usually factory-equipped with a maximum of 500GB storage only.

> Somehow. I usually recommend ASUS laptops only because of its durability and features but Acer really gives them a good competition here. So it's now Acer v. ASUS kapag magrerecommend ako. Hehe! If only Acer uses a stronger and more durable material for its body and chassis.

Anong Acer to brad?

Btw if you have a m.2 ssd slot free better buy a good one (samsung evo, or crucial). Put your OS in that SSD and it will boot up within seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Anong Acer to brad?

Btw if you have a m.2 ssd slot free better buy a good one (samsung evo, or crucial). Put your OS in that SSD and it will boot up within seconds.

It's an Aspire, bro. E-series if I remember it correctly. Can't remember lang kung anong exact model. Gf has it na kasi. Minsan ko na lang makita. Hehe!

Anyway, sales guy told me that the RAM is expandable since it has an additional slot for it. I just don't know if pasok ba ang SSD dito. Can you enlighten me on this matter? Thanks, bro!

Usually ung mga bagong laptop ngaun may additional M.2 ssd sockets (same size ng ram). Bukod pa sa 2.5 inch na HDD or SSD na common na ginagamit sa laptops. M.2 slots has a lot of variety from NVMe or storage size. Once na yung OS mo or apps naka install sa SSD it can booth your OS to top 10-20 seconds from start up. But be wary lang kase not all are compatible at medyo may kamahalan ng m.2 or any other SSD.

• 1 month later...

My thoughts on my unit:

PROS:

-superb battery life;

-fast charging; and

-really nice speakers.

CONS:

Bang for the buck?

Thanks for the info brod

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Yap, Acer battery is not good. You need to be comnected always to the outlet. In about an hour less than 50% na yung battery. Pero yung performance niya matibay, mabilis sa wifi. Kahit yung lumang Acer ko gumagana pa hanggang ngayon kahit 2007 ko pa binili. Pero right now I am using Acer Aspire V15 corr I7 4gb Vram 8gb DDR3 1T Hdd.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...