Motorcycles and Scooters

thanks for the replies leviticus, markymac and jonathansantos. ang mahal na pala mag-aral ng motorbiking. siguro for 10-15 kms per ride or travel ang gusto kong gawin. na-engganyo ko doon sa HOnda Super 4 ng friend ko. simple, maporma at mukhang masarap imaneho dahil nag-backride ako. sarap ng feeling. yung mga motorbikes/scooter na automatic ay may appeal din sa akin. ok thanks guys and stay safe.

thanks for the replies leviticus, markymac and jonathansantos. ang mahal na pala mag-aral ng motorbiking. siguro for 10-15 kms per ride or travel ang gusto kong gawin. na-engganyo ko doon sa HOnda Super 4 ng friend ko. simple, maporma at mukhang masarap imaneho dahil nag-backride ako. sarap ng feeling. yung mga motorbikes/scooter na automatic ay may appeal din sa akin. ok thanks guys and stay safe.

riding a big bike, like a honda super 4 has a big difference to riding an underbone or a scooter bud. yeah, lakas ng dating but i'd advise you to start first on a smaller scale. most u-bones and scoots have automatic clutches and/or gearing.

be sure you got the correct riding gear bro...

Guest Leviticus

yikes! don't start with a honda super 4! better start small.. as in small cc like the underbones (honda xrm 110 cc, honda wave 100-110 cc), or scooters (70, 100, 150 cc scooters), or hybrid scooters (suzuki step, yamaha mio and nouvo).

oo nga pala.. 10-15 kms per ride patag na daan or up and down a mountain?

thanks epfdee and leviticus. yung 10-15 kms sa city lang yon. kung sa mountain ba may malaki ring difference. type ko as entry level yung yamaha mio nga ata yung automatic. got to see some jackets and helmets sa motoworld trinoma. maporma pag suot. di naman siguro overkill kung mga yamaha mio ang drive ko. he he he

Guest Leviticus
thanks epfdee and leviticus. yung 10-15 kms sa city lang yon. kung sa mountain ba may malaki ring difference. type ko as entry level yung yamaha mio nga ata yung automatic. got to see some jackets and helmets sa motoworld trinoma. maporma pag suot. di naman siguro overkill kung mga yamaha mio ang drive ko. he he he

yup, there is a big difference sa pagakyat ng bundok if your ride is below 100 cc. ok na ang 125-150 cc sa pag-akyat ng mountains (like going up to baguio). parang gumagapang ka lang kapag 100 cc ang gamit mo.

good choice on yamaha mio :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Leviticus

i started from a 400cc bike. I seldom use it for manila rides but i guess with the prices of gasoline rising fast i sometimes opted to use my bike. Now i have a 1000cc bike and a 400cc motard bike for city driving. If you really love bikes sometimes you prefer using them than your car. I wear the right gear if we have out of town rides but if i'm just driving here in manila i just use a jacket and a helmet for safety. Have 2 helmets a motogp replica kbc and an agv mat black for city driving. better safe than sorry that's what i always tell the other bikers. :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi, am glad you are interested in riding lessons, i would encourage you to take them, they are a very good starting investment in safety and riding knowledge. Try the manufacturers that our other fellow riders here have mentioned.

Riding is a continuing process of gaining experience and maintaining safety. I have two Harleys and i ride often, in the city and out of town. I have come to prefer bikes to cars. There is a saying that that there are two kinds of riders who have never crashed or spilled: the first never left home and the second is a liar. We consciously or unconsciously think accidents can never happen to us. But accidents can and do happen in the blink of an eye, and they can happen to anyone. As riders, we try not to do stupid things, and to gain know-how and experience to increase our safety margin, and it never stops.

Have fun, keep the rubber down, and ride safe.

guys,

nag babalak ako mag 250cc or 400cc. pero feeling ko pasok sa budjet talaga ang 250cc e.

baka may 2nd hand....

pa pm naman po .

by the way, any tips and suggestions are welcome for me

most that i knew who bought 2nd hand big bikes spent a lot of bucks just to repair/replace defective parts on their bike, they were able to use it for some months after buying but problems then start coming out... of course, you can still get lucky specially if you'll know the history of a bike... just my opinion

Guest Leviticus
guys,

nag babalak ako mag 250cc or 400cc. pero feeling ko pasok sa budjet talaga ang 250cc e.

baka may 2nd hand....

pa pm naman po .

by the way, any tips and suggestions are welcome for me

there are honda cbr-250

ok rin ang motorstar and kenbo bikes

sayang nabenta ko na Ver S ko....

dun sa beginner I suggest mag scooter ka muna or underbone kasi magastos pag nalaglag mo ang mga bike....

and to those na balak mag bike isipin muna natin yung gastos kasi maraming bumibili ng bike and na stock lang pag nsasira kasi anamamahalan sa pagawa.

usually ito ang gastos:

tune up 2.3k-5k

change oil 300-2500 (sa mga hindi marunong)

Oil filter 500-2000

chain guard 200-800

4t oil 235-300+ (per ltr)

medyo mahirap pa hanapan ng parts compared sa ibang kalseng motor at mas mahal dihamak ang parts.

ex. yung lens ng signal lights nawala... p950 na kaagad yun. lens lang.

tapos pag may nacirang kung ano ano extra gastos nanaman. mahirap din lalo na pag marami kang dala, masakit sa left na braso lalo na pag traffic. I loved my S4 don't get me wrong. maporma sya. YES! pero hindi cya ganun ka practical. Mahal pa ang gas nyan kasi hindi pwede yung basta basta lang.

Will I get another CB400 if funds allow. Definately

But now, concintrate muna ako sa vespa ko. Medyo nagsisis nga ako kasi swerte yung nakabili ng s4 ko. wlang sira SUPER kinis, alangang alanga ko. every week nihuhugasan ko sya.... mura lang nya nabili.....

Guest Leviticus

anyone out there with a kawasaki fury 125? need a review of its pros and cons

ang ganda kasi. what attracts me is the 5.1 liter fuel tank. may reserve tank pa para kapag naubusan ka.

cash price nung nagtanong ako ay 56k

Just saw the aftermath tonight of a collision between two bikes at the intersection of V.A. Rufino (formerly Herrera) and Salcedo Sts. in Legaspi Village in Makati. According to one of the security people onsite, "Nagkahiyaan yata kung sino ang magme-menor." Just another reminder for all of us riders to be super-defensive (hayaan mo na mauna siya) and to expect the unexpected (bulaga). In this accident V.A. Rufino had the right of way, but we can't telll how much of a factor this was because we don't know the actual dynamics of what happened. Usually, the right of way at an intersection belongs to the bigger or major street. If not (correct me if i'm wrong, fellow riders), the one on the right has the right of way. Too bad, that accident could have been avoided with prudent, common sense. If we have to do the avoiding, so be it. An accident just isn't worth it. Intersections are always tricky, so it's better to be careful than sorry.

Ride safe always.

Guest Leviticus
Just saw the aftermath tonight of a collision between two bikes at the intersection of V.A. Rufino (formerly Herrera) and Salcedo Sts. in Legaspi Village in Makati. According to one of the security people onsite, "Nagkahiyaan yata kung sino ang magme-menor." Just another reminder for all of us riders to be super-defensive (hayaan mo na mauna siya) and to expect the unexpected (bulaga). In this accident V.A. Rufino had the right of way, but we can't telll how much of a factor this was because we don't know the actual dynamics of what happened. Usually, the right of way at an intersection belongs to the bigger or major street. If not (correct me if i'm wrong, fellow riders), the one on the right has the right of way. Too bad, that accident could have been avoided with prudent, common sense. If we have to do the avoiding, so be it. An accident just isn't worth it. Intersections are always tricky, so it's better to be careful than sorry.

Ride safe always.

actually, you posted two scenarios.

a) Major road and side street intersection: the driver/rider on the major road has the right of way.

B) Major road intersection or side street intersection: the driver/rider on the right [to your right] has the right of way.

Here are some pictures I got from the internet of the Kawasaki 125 fury:

Green siya.

post-72133-1217372668.jpg

Also, need some thoughts on this motorcycle:

post-72133-1217372703.jpg

Any input would be appreciated

actually, you posted two scenarios.

a) Major road and side street intersection: the driver/rider on the major road has the right of way.

B) Major road intersection or side street intersection: the driver/rider on the right [to your right] has the right of way.

Thanks for the validation, Leviticus. My fervent wish is that all bikers enjoy their bikes and rides, and stay safe always.

Maybe we could start a thread, or even do it here, on safety ideas and tips that are good to share with fellow MTC bikers.

Ride safe.

anyone out there with a kawasaki fury 125? need a review of its pros and cons

ang ganda kasi. what attracts me is the 5.1 liter fuel tank. may reserve tank pa para kapag naubusan ka.

cash price nung nagtanong ako ay 56k

my officemate owns one... the ones sold here in the philippines doesn't come in mags and rear disc break... according to my officemate the reserve fuel doesn't last long so you have to refuel immediately... but still, this bike looks great, i would have chosen this one over my rr150 if it had came out much earlier