Motorcycles and Scooters

hello fellow bikers!

i am an otorhinolaryngologist, head and neck surgeon by profession. i also do maxillofacial and reconstructive surgery for trauma and cancer patients. most trauma patients i operated on are motorcycle riders. i am just wondering, why is it that most of them, actually all of them are riding either mopeds or scooters, the likes of wave, xrms, raiders, shogun, dios and the like. i havent encounterd those riding big bikes, the likes of super 4s, r6s etc... my analysis was dat those riding smaller bikes tend to be more masingit coz of the lightness of their bikes, and they tend to be less dressed for the ride, helmets not dot approved especially. i mean buhay natin nakataya pag nkasakay tayo ng bike, might as well invest on a good helmet instead of paporma ng bike, u agree pipol? most patients either do not wear helmet or wear cheap ones.. mga bro let us ride safely, meaning defensively, wid safe riding gears and please dont drink and drive...

next time pwede b ko mag post ng pictures ng mge naaksidente sa bike, so pipol will ride safer..

ride safely bros!

i just operated on 2 guys yesterday. one riding with an old worn out helmet. the other one not wearing a helmet at all. we are to schedule another one, female backride no helmet. the one driving dead already. we cannot operate yet kc may brain concussion pa sya. accident hapend in angono.

nkakainis kasi pnagbabawalan nko mgmotor dahil sa kanila!

You wont see too many people riding big bikes for the simple reason that they're very expensive... on the other hand... raiders & the like are cheap... and you can easily get them in installment basis unlike its bigger counterparts... plus the mods on these babies are relatively cheaper as well...

Now as far sa riding safety is concerned... bikers in the Philippines tend to disregard safety simply because there's nobody to uphold the laws that we have... and to make it worse you can see some cops not wearing safety gears as well... :hypocritesmiley:

hello fellow bikers!

i am an otorhinolaryngologist, head and neck surgeon by profession. i also do maxillofacial and reconstructive surgery for trauma and cancer patients.  most trauma patients i operated on are motorcycle riders.  i am just wondering, why is it that most of them, actually all of them are riding either mopeds or scooters, the likes of wave, xrms, raiders, shogun, dios and the like.  i havent encounterd those riding big bikes, the likes of super 4s, r6s etc... my analysis was dat those riding smaller bikes tend to be more masingit coz of the lightness of their bikes, and they tend to be less dressed for the ride, helmets not dot approved especially. i mean buhay natin nakataya pag nkasakay tayo ng bike, might as well invest on a good helmet instead of paporma ng bike, u agree pipol? most patients either do not wear helmet or wear cheap ones.. mga bro let us ride safely, meaning defensively, wid safe riding gears and please dont drink and drive...

next time pwede b ko mag post ng pictures ng mge naaksidente sa bike, so pipol will ride safer..

ride safely bros!

yung mga iba reason nila for not using helmet is kung maganda yung bike nila meaning nakamodified na ay para makita mga pagmumukha nila kasi nga naman paporma at makaakit ng chicks... yung iba naman short ride lang... yung iba naman naiilang magHelmet... yung iba walang pambili kaya bumabagsak sa below quality helmet.

ride safe always... expect naten yan na sisingit at sisingit yang mga nakamotor pero siguraduhin lang na safe... ako sir honestly i did that pero kapag sumisingit ako 10-20km/ lng ang takbo.

nice profession sir.

yung mga iba reason nila for not using helmet is kung maganda yung bike nila meaning nakamodified na ay para makita mga pagmumukha nila kasi nga naman paporma at makaakit ng chicks... yung iba naman short ride lang... yung iba naman naiilang magHelmet... yung iba walang pambili kaya bumabagsak sa below quality helmet.

ride safe always... expect naten yan na sisingit at sisingit yang mga nakamotor pero siguraduhin lang na safe... ako sir honestly i did that pero kapag sumisingit ako 10-20km/ lng ang takbo.

nice profession sir.

Motorider ,

Sana lahat ng nag-momotor kaparehas mo.

perhaps lack of rider training /experience yung mga patiente mo doc....

kasi here downunder you need to do rider training to get a bike licence

and you can only ride up to 250cc for 1 yr.

I learned so much within a year on a 250cc..

did my training here:

H A R T

andun mag slide sideways kapag umuulan.....

biglang me lalabas na car sa driveways...

using both breaks ..and throtlle control lalo sa mga baguhan....

road position etc...

so far hindi pa naman ako semplang sa road bike...

sa dirt bike lang...hehehe well thats a different story :sick:

Edited by suzuki
perhaps lack of rider training /experience yung mga patiente mo doc....

kasi here  downunder you need to do rider training to get a bike licence

and you can only ride up to 250cc for 1 yr.

I learned so much within a year on a 250cc..

did my training here:

H A R T

andun mag slide sideways kapag umuulan.....

biglang me lalabas na car sa driveways...

using both breaks ..and throtlle control lalo sa mga baguhan....

road position etc...

so far hindi pa naman ako semplang sa road bike...

sa dirt bike lang...hehehe well thats a different story :sick:

Sabihin na nating 90% ng bikers sa Metro Manila lacks proper training. 10% yung well trained like you.

Kaya lately ang daming accidents na involved ang motorcycles/scooters.

Guest buru_tus
Sabihin na nating 90% ng bikers sa Metro Manila lacks proper training. 10% yung well trained like you.

yup I agree

most of the bikers in Metro Manila lacks proper training and are unaware of basic traffic rules and courtesy

Example

1. Curved Road with continous yellow line (no overtaking anytime), they usually ignore this one and they counterflow

If I am the one they encounter, I will not move a bit, sila ang bahalang umiwas, kahit na maluwag sa right lane ko

2. If I am signalling to turn left, even if they are 10-15 meters behind me, they will not give way, they will speed up and overtake me, already hit by a biker while doing this, he and his backride where hospitalized due to bruises and cuts as the bike skidded and both of then went under my hood, basag ang left headlights ko at may malaking dent sa ibaba ng pinto sa driver side. Just picture it kung paano nag skid yung bike, yung rear wheel tumama sa pinto at yung front wheel sa headlights at dahil paliko ako pakaliwa, sumadsad sila sa ilalim ng hood

lucky for them, we didn't file any charges and agreed to shoulder their hospital expenses, covered naman ng CTPL

Edited by buru_tus

hindi naman siguro 10%... in terms of training i agree kasi bihira lang may interes na mag-attend ng training though they need it.

sabihin na nating most of them are skilled rider pero not all of them are equipped with knowledge meaning magaling magmotor pero hindi marunong sumunod sa traffice signs or the like.

sad to hear nga na ngayon pati C5 ay pinagkait narin sa mga motorsiklo, pero maraming motorcycles club ang nagcomplaint dont know yet the result.

yup I agree

most of the bikers in Metro Manila lacks proper training and are unaware of basic traffic rules and courtesy

Example

1. Curved Road with continous yellow line (no overtaking anytime), they usually ignore this one and they counterflow

If I am the one they encounter, I will not move a bit, sila ang bahalang umiwas, kahit na maluwag sa right lane ko

2. If I am signalling to turn left, even if they are 10-15 meters behind me, they will not give way, they will speed up and overtake me, already hit by a biker while doing this, he and his backride where hospitalized due to bruises and cuts as the bike skidded and both of then went under my hood, basag ang left headlights ko at may malaking dent sa ibaba ng pinto sa driver side. Just picture it kung paano nag skid yung bike, yung rear wheel tumama sa pinto at yung front wheel sa headlights at dahil paliko ako pakaliwa, sumadsad sila sa ilalim ng hood

lucky for them, we didn't file any charges and agreed to shoulder their hospital expenses, covered naman ng CTPL

one proof na cage is more powerful than motorcycle.

Hello fellow bikers! guess i stirred up something huh...

bout your question sir andrean bout 400cc n 200cc fuel consumption.

i tried honda super 4 before 2002 model vtec engine. 20-25km to a liter of velocity na gas. pure city driving. i now have a yamaha fzr 250cc mas malakas sa gas 18-22km to a liter. maybe becoz carb lang sya tapos 4 cylinder na 16 valve and of course mas luma 1991 model whereas yung super 4 kahit 400cc electronic fuel injected n mas bago. pero para sa kin mas masarap gmitin yung bike ko ngaun, mas magaan kc but looks like a 400cc. yung z200 na bike 30-35km to a liter ata. single piston 4stroke. meron na nman ako bgong patient semplang sa bike uli, backride sya syempre walang helmet! wlang pampaoera, diskartehan ko pa sa pcso, kainis!

Guest buru_tus
Hello fellow bikers! guess i stirred up something huh...

bout your question sir andrean bout 400cc n 200cc fuel consumption.

i tried honda super 4 before 2002 model vtec engine. 20-25km to a liter of velocity na gas. pure city driving.  i now have a yamaha fzr 250cc mas malakas sa gas 18-22km to a liter. maybe becoz carb lang sya tapos 4 cylinder na 16 valve and of course mas luma 1991 model whereas yung super 4 kahit 400cc electronic fuel injected n mas bago. pero para sa kin mas masarap gmitin yung bike ko ngaun, mas magaan kc but looks like a 400cc. yung z200 na bike 30-35km to a liter ata. single piston 4stroke. meron na nman ako bgong patient semplang sa bike uli, backride sya syempre walang helmet! wlang pampaoera, diskartehan ko pa sa pcso, kainis!

bakit pala lax ang law enforcement natin regarding Helmets????

kung huhulihin lang nila everyday ang mga yan, sa fines pa lang, kikita na ang local government

yup I agree

Example

Yun na nga yung masakit na parte dun , yung biker na nga ang may kasalanan tapos ikaw pa magagastusan.

By the way , I've experienced the same thing. Fortunately , wala namang nangyaring aksidente pero minura ko yung nag-momotor. Akala nya bakal katawan nya at idadamay nya pa ko sa pagiging reckless nya.