Collector's Items

shyboy

Now with the new season in the NBA.. I am collecting rookie cards of the new rookies this season.. tig-3 RCs per rookie na tingin ko na aasenso sa NBA.. (I have been collecting RCs since Grant Hill's & Jason Kidd's rookie season).. My most expensive RC Card is the Ultra Platinum Medallion of Vince Carter which I pulled from a pack..

And of course, while I am at it.. I am also getting Spurs' cards.. especially Tim Duncan cards.. jerseys, parallel, numbered and autographed cards.. Just recently bought an autographed card of Duncan for 4k.. I have been collecting Tim Duncan memorabilia, toys (except McFarlane's - coz they are too big to display) and cards since his rookie season..

I need several cards pa.. Some of the readers of this thread might have one..

Duncan/D. Robinson Double Threat Press Pass Dual Autograph

Tim Duncan Topps Chrome RC Refractor

Tim Duncan Topps Finest RC Refractor and Gold Editions

Tim Duncan Bowman's Best RC Atomic Refractor

Duncan Z Force Rave and Super Rave RCs

Duncan Ultra Platinum Medallion RC

Duncan Premium Ruby RC

... Autographed Cards and Patch Cards

... or any Duncan cards that you have na sa tingin ninyo ay worth it to sell to me.. pa-PM na lang.. :mtc:

i use to collect NBA cards when i was in college.. i have a Jerry Stackhouse and Damon Stoudamire albums.. they where the hottest new players during that time.. i also have Assorted Rookie cards of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnet, Eddie Jones, Jarmaine O'neil, Grant Hill, etc.. all in mint condition

Yup. Jerry Stackhouse (at that time) was considered as the next Jordan.. considering he came from North Carolina as well.. kaya mahal noon ang RCs niya.. Ngayon bagsak ang presyo ni Stackhouse.. Since the 1999-2000 season.. pahirap ng pahirap makakuha ng mga rookie cards.. Nowadays, 2 rookie cards lang per box ang seed.. (yung mga murang boxes like.. Topps, Bazooka per pack ang seeding - but ang pangit ng collection mo kung puros ito ang makikita nila sa binder) kaya mahal ang mga RCs ngayon.. as compared to the Grant Hill up to the Kobe days.. Medyo naging seeded na at 1:4 ang RCs nung panahon ni Duncan.. ngayon nga numbered pa eh.. meaning limited talaga ang mga RCs..

Would you believe that nowadays merong box that would sell for 35-40k.. 3 lang yata ang laman.. sigurado na ang autographed card.. Upper Deck Exquisite ang product.. Its very expensive to open packs or boxes ngayon.. kaya I prefer buying singles.. Kasi I have a friend who opens cases of cards (around PHP30M per year ang gastos niya) and sells them on e-bay or sa mga collectors.. Usually, he gives me the Duncan cards that I need for my collection.. and the rare/hard to find RCs.. This NBA season, I have completed my collection of RCs through his help.. I only need one Raymond Felton RC and one Sean May card.. RCs that I buy range from 20 to 1000 pesos..

I also collect autographs.. As of now, most notable are: Dennis Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Dominique Wilkins, Gary Payton, Ginobili, D. Robinson, Parker, Karl Malone, Abdur Rahim, Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, T-Mac, Vince Carter, Bob Cousy, Darryl Dawkins, Bill Walton, Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Earl Monroe, Richard Hamilton, Paul Pierce, A. Walker, Jason Williams, Mike Bibby, Amare Stoudamire, Mitch Richmond, Richard Jefferson, Jason Kidd, Stephon Marbury.. and a lot more..

... and a lot of Jersey cards..

Well, San Mig Light.. nagyabang lang ako ng kaunti sa mga autographs ko.. but coz you said that you have RCs of the players you mentioned above.. I need the Finest RC of Grant Hill and Jason Kidd.. baka meron ka ang you are willing to sell them.. Magkano damage? Thanks..

Another collection I have is the Marvel Hero Clix figures (may DC din ito).. Small figures that you can play with.. Parang Mage Knight ito na may dial din..

I once was heavily reading & collecting Marvel comics.. that's why I wanted toys of Marvel characters.. but mahirap kolektahin kasi madami sila and very bulky to display.. When I heard of these small toys (parang Micro Machines mga dre).. I really had this urge to buy them for display purposes..

I don't have the complete figures coz its hard to complete dahil kakaunti na ang nagbubukas ng mga ito.. per series din ito.. the newest was Armor Wars.. You have to open a pack of 4 figures (300 pesos - you could buy this at Neutral Grounds).. hindi mo alam kung ano laman and may mga rare figures (and may 3 rarity pa per figure).. I have around 30 uniques or rare figures.. most notable ay si NightCrawler and yung Six armed Spider Man.. Almost complete ang characters ko ng Marvel dito but ang hirap talagang kumpletuhin.. May mga 250-300 figures ang meron ako as of now.. Grabe ano? Di pa din kumpleto..

Baka meron sa inyong comic fans that also are into this.. baka pwedeng makipag-trade or better yet buy from you.. Just let me know.. PM me.. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Another collection I have is the Marvel Hero Clix figures (may DC din ito).. Small figures that you can play with.. Parang Mage Knight ito na may dial din..

I once was heavily reading & collecting Marvel comics.. that's why I wanted toys of Marvel characters.. but mahirap kolektahin kasi madami sila and very bulky to display.. When I heard of these small toys (parang Micro Machines mga dre).. I really had this urge to buy them for display purposes..

I don't have the complete figures coz its hard to complete dahil kakaunti na ang nagbubukas ng mga ito.. per series din ito.. the newest was Armor Wars.. You have to open a pack of 4 figures (300 pesos - you could buy this at Neutral Grounds).. hindi mo alam kung ano laman and may mga rare figures (and may 3 rarity pa per figure).. I have around 30 uniques or rare figures.. most notable ay si NightCrawler and yung Six armed Spider Man.. Almost complete ang characters ko ng Marvel dito but ang hirap talagang kumpletuhin.. May mga 250-300 figures ang meron ako as of now.. Grabe ano? Di pa din kumpleto..

Baka meron sa inyong comic fans that also are into this.. baka pwedeng makipag-trade or better yet buy from you.. Just let me know.. PM me..  ;)

I used t collect/play mage knight.....back then astig na yung elf figs. ko...pero ngayon sobrang dami na including DC and Marvel.Right now collect ako action figure mostly Mcfarlane NBA and movie maniacs or movie related figs and also DC Comics particularly yung JLA. You should read Villains Unite and the Infinite series...cool ang story and graphics bro.

• 3 weeks later...

My NBA rookie collection for this year is almost complete.. I still need 3 more rookie cards of Chris Paul.. I do think he is a very nice rookie to collect and I do believe he will make it big in the future (sana lang hindi ma-injure)..

Recently bought autographs of the ff: Garnett, Ray Allen, Dwight Howard, Jamaal Wilkes, Ben Gordon..

Planning to buy a Michael Jordan Autographed Card (with a swatch of his Bulls jersey) that is graded 9 by Beckett.. so its in Near Mint to Mint condition.. Can't stop thinking about it.. ang ganda eh.. Kaya ako nag-post dito.. so that I can let out steam.. Medyo naglaway ako.. nakalimutan ko yata pangalan ko nung nakita yung card na yun.. bihira kasi ang graded na autographed card eh..

meron pa bang value ang mga lumang basketball cards?...may website ba na naglilist kung magkano ung basketball cards each?....feeling ko may worth ung mga natirang basketball cards ko...hope so...

Meron.. In the net, you could surf at Beckett.com.. Beckett is a company that publishes magazines on a monthly basis the market prices of sports cards.. which includes basketball cards.. Locally, a store called Courtside (head office is located at Robinsons Galleria) distributes Beckett BasketBall every month.. May mga naka-sale yata na back issues.. you could try buying..

Another magazine is Tuff Stuff.. Kaso Beckett pa rin ang talagang tinitingnan..

Xycho, all cards.. kahit yung sa hindi sikat may presyo..

Meron.. In the net, you could surf at Beckett.com.. Beckett is a company that publishes magazines on a monthly basis the market prices of sports cards.. which includes basketball cards.. Locally, a store called Courtside (head office is located at Robinsons Galleria) distributes Beckett BasketBall every month.. May mga naka-sale yata na back issues.. you could try buying..

Another magazine is Tuff Stuff.. Kaso Beckett pa rin ang talagang tinitingnan..

Xycho, all cards.. kahit yung sa hindi sikat may presyo..

tnx for the site man...ill try to find those cards and search it...sana lagpas 100 dollars kahit ung mga jordan ko...haha...

• 3 weeks later...

Just pushing this thread up.. to post my new acquisitions:

Was able to buy some new autographed cards for my NBA Card Collection, as follows:

Hakim Warrick

Charlie Villanueva

Moses Malone

Carmelo Anthony

Raymond Felton

Danny Granger

Sarunas Jasikevicius ... :thumbsupsmiley:

For my comic book collection naman:

I also bought the complete set (loose copies) of JLA vs. Avengers this week - I have been looking for those books for months.. what a find for me.. Yipee!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...

i have a collection too:

1. got the set of the 1st and 2nd edition of marvel cards in mint condition

2. collect a lot of basketball cards.. now starting a new collection of personally signed cards... currently i only got Vince Carter but when Nike sends another rep to the philippines... ill ask my sis to sign their rookie cards for me... my sis kc handles such events :P

3. dvds, games and cds

4. magic cards from beta to 7th ed... my last expansion was the one with the shadowmage infiltrator :P forgot the name of the expansion..

5. japanese mangas :P

Edited by joshiasi
i have a collection too:

1. got the set of the 1st and 2nd edition of marvel cards in mint condition

2. collect a lot of basketball cards.. now starting a new collection of personally signed cards... currently i only got Vince Carter but when Nike sends another rep to the philippines... ill ask my sis to sign their rookie cards for me... my sis kc handles such events :P

3. dvds, games and cds

4. magic cards from beta to 7th ed... my last expansion was the one with the shadowmage infiltrator :P forgot the name of the expansion..

5. japanese mangas :P

Nice collection you have there, dude.. particularly the 1st & 2nd Ed of your Marvel Cards.. Lumang-luma na ang mga yan.. very rare.. I have the Spiderman 1st ed cards.. XMen Ultra 94 and the Marvel Universe 1994 set naman.. I opened packs talaga.. kaya I was able to score some chase or rare cards from those sets..

With regards on your Basketball card collection: Pare, sayang naman kung rookie cards ang pinapasign mo.. I would suggest that you should just let the players sign their regular or common cards.. so that the value of the rookie cards would not go down.. Some rookie cards (case in point SP Authentic RC of Vince Carter is currently valued at a high of USD200) do sell at a premium if left in pristine or even just in mint condition.. Kakainggit ka naman.. I would love to have some players really sign the cards personally for me.. I have a VC autographed card --- and authenticated by Fleer/Skybox.. and lots more authenticated autographed cards.. but wala pa ring tatalo sa personal na pirma.. lalo na kung may dedication pa sa iyo.. ganda nun!!! Just a suggestion bro.. :D

Also just wanna share:

Just recently was able to score autograped (authenticated) cards of the ff: players:

Reggie Miller - valued at $80

Hakeem Olajuwon - valued at $50

Robert Parish - not yet valued

Ron Artest - not yet valued

Bernard King - not yet valued

Andrew Bogut - not yet valued

Deron Williams - not yet valued

Channing Frye - not yet valued

Johan Pietro - not yet valued

JR Smith - not yet valued

Damon Stoudamire - unpriced card.. numbered to just 25 pcs..

... and two more Tim Duncan autographs.. valued at USD100 and USD120..

For my comic book collection: Recently just bought a Crisis on Infinite Earths loose comic books.. complete issues #'s 1-12 (all in Near Mint - Mint cond) for only Php 2,800.00.. very cheap coz this set usually sells for 4-5K and most are not in mind condition already.. Nice find.. Yippeeee!!!! :thumbsupsmiley: