Coolest Decade To Live In?

Like I previously mentioned, Bobby Magee's (I finally got the correct spelling) was not in the MCC.

Yung nasa Coronado's was Magoo's Pizza. I cannot recall anymore if there was another burger establishment in the MCC besides the ones I mentioned in previous posts.

Could you perhaps be thinking of Cafe Rizal (originally known as Leila's) which was right beside Rizal Theater?

Rizal Theater was torn down 1989, I believe.

No definitely it wasn't Cafe Rizal. Speaking of Cafe Rizal, wasnt that located inside the Rizal Theater building itself? Within the same roof? It faced the open parking lot facing Bookmark, Metrophil, etc.

So if it wasnt Bobby Magee's that I used to freqent, I wonder what that burger joint was? Hmm...I'll ask some friend if they recall the name of that place.

Does anyone recall that amusement center that was located where Goldcrest used to be? That amusement center had pinball machines, shooting galleries, and other video games which I used to frequent as a child. My favorites were the shooting gallery and the submarine periscope where I'd fire torpedoes at distant warships. We were banned by our parents from going there because they feared these places might distract as from our studies.

Oh okay. Thanks for that clarification. Seem to have gotten the names of the bowling establishments mixed up. But if I'm not mistaken, Astrobowl used to occupy the space where Honda Cars Magallanes now occupies. Again, I can't be 100% certain. What I am quite certain about is that it was located at the far end of the Magallanes Commercial Center close to the Shell gas station.

Astrobowl - Not the Honda site but the now-empty lot beside/before it. The one that the present location of Pancake House faces.

No definitely it wasn't Cafe Rizal. Speaking of Cafe Rizal, wasnt that located inside the Rizal Theater building itself? Within the same roof? It faced the open parking lot facing Bookmark, Metrophil, etc.

So if it wasnt Bobby Magee's that I used to freqent, I wonder what that burger joint was? Hmm...I'll ask some friend if they recall the name of that place.

Yes, Leila's / Cafe Rizal was on the left wing of the Rizal Theater building while Kameraworld (Kodak) was on the right side.

Does anyone recall that amusement center that was located where Goldcrest used to be? That amusement center had pinball machines, shooting galleries, and other video games which I used to frequent as a child. My favorites were the shooting gallery and the submarine periscope where I'd fire torpedoes at distant warships. We were banned by our parents from going there because they feared these places might distract as from our studies.

Could you be thinking of the original Quad Amusement Center located at the Quad Car Park building (Park Sqaure 1) which was walking distance to Goldcrest?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpajj5HGPo1qc0anwo1_500.jpg

Edited by muttley

post-355512-0-38457600-1361788317.jpg

Could you be thinking of the original Quad Amusement Center located at the Quad Car Park building (Park Sqaure 1) which was walking distance to Goldcrest?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpajj5HGPo1qc0anwo1_500.jpg

No, but the Amusement center was pretty close to this. As a matter of fact just a literal stone's throw away. Please see my rough sketch which is where I kinda recall this amusement center used to be located. Again this is what I recall. I could be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

post-355512-0-38457600-1361788317.jpg

No, but the Amusement center was pretty close to this. As a matter of fact just a literal stone's throw away. Please see my rough sketch which is where I kinda recall this amusement center used to be located. Again this is what I recall. I could be wrong.

From your rough sketch, it looks to be in the back part of the Quad Arcade (Glorietta 1). I don't have any recollection of it, sorry.

I think this was located where Goldcrest used to be. My guess is this place existed in the early 70's

I think you're right. This used to be located where Goldcrest was way before Goldcrest was even built. This also pre-dates Park Square which was just an empty parking lot back then. Boy I sure have a lot of fun memories of that time. Each game as I recall cost P0.25 which I suppose was a lot of money back then. Which is why my parents were so against me spending all my time there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 5 months later...

The coolest time to grow up was in the 60's when you had The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, among others to idolize...

If not for Martial Law, the 70's would have been swell. I can imagine the frustrations of the typical teenager / young individual aged between 16 to 24 years old whose wild life was mitigated by Marcos' law to put him permanently in power.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...