Golden State Warriors

Zaza Pachulia Joins Warriors As Starting Center
post-481684-0-68675000-1467780996_thumb.jpg

Free-agent center Zaza Pachulia has agreed to a one-year, $2.9 million deal with the Golden State Warriors, replacing Andrew Bogut, who was traded to Dallas, league sources told The Vertical.

Pachulia passed on more lucrative offers in free agency for the opportunity to potentially start in a lineup with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant and Draymond Green.

The Warriors will use their entire room exception to sign Pachulia, sources said.

Although the Warriors only have minimum salaries to offer, there's interest from role players on the market to join Golden State and compete for a championship.

After receiving a commitment from Durant on Monday, the Warriors worked toward securing an agreement with a center. Pachulia, 32, averaged 8.6 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 76 games for the Mavericks last season.

Throughout his 13-year career, Pachulia has provided consistent production and intelligence on both ends of the floor. For the high-powered Warriors, he’ll serve as a player who can pass, defend and hit the occasional midrange jumper without needing a lot of offensive touches.

The Warriors considered several players for the center role, including a significant pursuit of free agent Dewayne Dedmon, sources said. Golden State sent Bogut to Dallas for a future second-round pick, essentially swapping starting centers.

Pachulia has averaged 7.1 points and six rebounds for his career in stints with Orlando, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Dallas.

Charles Barkley not high on Kevin Durant going to super team

calls it "cheating"

post-481684-0-02891700-1467835649_thumb.jpg

Charles Barkley doesn't like that Kevin Durant is jumping on the Golden State Warriors' "gravy train" to win a title and said he doesn't feel like a "bum," because he didn't "cheat" his way to one in his career.

Durant chose to sign a two-year deal with the Warriors this week after nine seasons with the Oklahoma City Thunder that netted him seven All-Star Games, one MVP and one NBA Finals appearance but no championship.

"I was disappointed. I was disappointed like I was disappointed when LeBron went to Miami," Barkley said on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike on Wednesday. "Kevin is a terrific player, he's a good kid. But just disappointed with the fact that he weakened another team and he's gonna kind of gravy train on a terrific Warriors team. Just disappointed from a competitive standpoint. Because just like it meant more to LeBron to win one in Cleveland, it would mean more to Kevin to win one in Oklahoma than it would be in Golden State."

Barkley played 16 seasons in his Hall of Fame career with the Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets. He was an All-Star 11 times but only made the Finals once, in his 1992-93 MVP season, losing to Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls in six games.

Barkley headlines a long list of NBA greats who have never won a championship -- players such as Elgin Baylor, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Dominique Wilkins, George Gervin, Allen Iverson and Reggie Miller. Barkley, who is now a TNT analyst, doesn't think it makes them lesser players.

"We develop this thing where you keep telling these guys, 'Hey man, if you don't win a championship you're a bum.' I don't feel like a bum," he said. "I'm pretty sure Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and John Stockton -- we think we're pretty damn good. We could have played with some of those other guys and kind of cheated our way to a championship. But there is this thing that started with this new generation where these guys feel so much pressure. Everybody wants to win.

"I'm a big Chris Paul fan. I'm sure Chris Paul wants to win a championship. And he could, when his contract is up, go join one of these super teams and get a championship. But it won't be the same as leading your team where you're the bus driver instead of the bus rider."

Durant joins two-time MVP Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala, a core that won 73 games in the regular season but lost in the NBA Finals to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. The team Durant leaves, the Thunder, had the Warriors on the ropes in the Western Conference finals, leading 3-1 before dropping the last three games. The Thunder are now left wondering if they're good enough to win it all and whether they should consider trading superstar Russell Westbrook before he can leave as a free agent after next season.

Barkley doesn't like this whole process.

"We're gonna have guys on bad teams making $25 million a year. And we're going to have three or four competitive teams," Barkley said. "That's the negative of LeBron going to Miami, KD going to Golden State.

"First of all the fans love their teams, they love sports. But they're not going to go see Sacramento, Indiana, Miami, these bad teams where guys are making 10, 20, 30 million dollars a year and they don't have a chance to compete. I mean, that's where we're going. We're going to k*ll the golden goose. Everybody's going to be making a lot of money, but other than five teams we're going to be putting a shabby product out there. That's what's going to k*ll the NBA in the next few years in my opinion."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9i5ZpTqhVE

Edited by hahnz
Report: Draymond Green arrested for assault in East Lansing

post-481684-0-25757700-1468259533_thumb.jpg

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green was arrested for assault on Sunday in East Lansing, Mich., where he played four seasons of college ball at Michigan State, according to MLive.com.

Details of the arrest remained unknown at the time of the report.

“The police department is not confirming any arrest with that name,” East Lansing Police Lt. Scott Wrigglesworth told the website. “What I can confirm is that we did arrest a current NBA basketball player this weekend and he was arrested for assault. That’s all we’re confirming right now.”

Police confirmed to ESPN that Green was the player in question, the incident occurred in a restaurant and the alleged victim was another man, who was uninjured. The alleged assault was logged by police at 2:28 a.m., according to a court document uncovered by Bay Area News Group’s Diamond Leung.

“It was basically an altercation between two guys,” police told ESPN. “There’s no injuries. He was released with a $200 bond on Sunday.”

The 26-year-old Green captured Second Team All-NBA honors this past season, leading the Golden State Warriors to the greatest regular-season record in NBA history (73-9) and coming within minutes of winning a second consecutive championship. He averaged 14 points, 9.5 rebounds and 7.4 assists.

Green was the subject of much on-court controversy in the playoffs, ultimately receiving a suspension for Game 5 of the NBA Finals that may have cost his team a chance at basketball immortality. Of course, that did not prevent him from earning a Team USA invite for the upcoming 2016 Rio Olympics.

According to reports, Green is scheduled to be arraigned on July 20, just two days before Team USA’s first Olympic tune-up against Argentina in Las Vegas on July 22. When contacted by the media, both USA Basketball and the Warriors refused comment until more details surfaced about the incident.

Kuha ng defensive man, wera kay thompson, draymond at igodala. Madalas si KD chill sa depensa, oo may mga defensive highlights siya pero bihira naman. Si steph naman abangers sa steal, hindi consistent na on-ball defender ( tignan niyo kinain ni kyrie). Si Bogut malaking bagay nung finals dahil may intimidation factor kay lebron pag sumasaksak. Panoorin niyo lahat ng score ni lebron bago nainjure si bogut, karamihan ng saksak ni lebron wala si Bogut. Kasi nga walang intimidation factor sa loob kahit pa sabihin mong walang score o konti lang minutes ni bogut, malakas yon tandaan niyo nung nasa bucks dati yan kasama si jennings at reed ang lakas ng lineup nila bago natrade si bogut at draft pick(klay thompson) para kay ellis. Binoo pa yang trade na yan, tignan niyo ngayon HAHA

Pachulia is so offensive minded, can never replace defensive stopper like bogut. Defense is the name of the name nowadays as what you saw in the finals, no one knew anyone can stop the warriors, but from the looks of it, they were stopped by the cavs, as well as the thunder(Chokers). Though david west is a defensive man, he's too old and slow, spurs was not able to utilize him, knowing pops who develops players as well as uses players well, david west is aged.

i for one am not a bandwagon fan and i stick with my team even if they are at their lowest and just plain suck. but at least with all the moves they've made i think they can get back to the postseason hoping that the players they signed (rose, noah, lee, jennings etc.) and that includes melo, be healthy enough to make it through the 82 game season.

but enough about that, since this is the warriors thread. i will just mention what i think the warriors are lacking right now. since Kevin Durant decided to sign with the Warriors the team itself lost a lot of good pieces as what Steph Curry mentioned that they "gave up a lot" to get Kevin Durant. Sure the starting 5 looks real solid on paper with Durant joining an already great team with Curry, Thompson and Green. But they also lost, Bogut, Ezeli, Speights, Barbosa, Barnes among the players who were considered key contributors on the team to free agency and trades in order to make room for the salary cap to sign Durant.

That's the thing with the NBA you can't have your cake and eat it too all the time and in this case by signing a marquee free agent in Durant, you had to give up a lot of good role players for it.

First off, they don't have a legit big. Since losing Bogut and Ezeli. They lost some interior defense by losing those guys and even if they signed Zaza Pachulia to fill that hole, it won't replace Bogut. They also lost Speights who was able to stretch the floor with his outside shooting.

The replacements were, Pachulia, West, and Varejao. Pachulia is not considered a rim protector and the inside D will be difficult to cover even if you have Draymond Green there, he won't always be there to cover all the holes in the D. and the other big they signed is Anderson Varejao, a good backup but limited. They signed David West but West's good days are really behind him as he's turning 36 this August and he's on the back end of his career. Also he isn't that great of a defensive player as he's more of a semi stretch 4 with a mid range shot but like i said his best days are really behind him.

One of their strengths, the depth of their bench, will have their bad days with the departure of Barnes, Barbosa and Brandon Rush, even if they were able to keep Livingston and Iguodala, who they chose to keep by the way. You will see more playing time for their young guys like Mcadoo and Ian Clark and maybe Kevon Looney but it will take time for these guys to get used to their new roles.

I don't see this team breaking any historical records in terms of wins and losses since i think they learned last season that winning the 73 games wasn't all its cracked up to be since they didn't win the NBA championship. They will be smarter in resting their guys during key stretches of the season to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

They will have Chemistry issues as the ball won't go to Steph or Klay all the time since they will have to get the ball to Durant as well. plus the lost of bench depth will have an effect. You have to also take into account that one or 2 injuries to their key players will derail their chances.

But it will be interesting to see, as social media is painting them as Villains and people will want to root for them to lose since they got the label of new Super Team replacing the Miami Heat from years back.