Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

Twas a good run for them this year though . . . but yeah a trade will most likely benefit them as he's not getting any younger

If Im not mistaken, I think T-mac is just 31yrs old, to say that hes old is wrong... I think he is fragile though... often injured and doesnt really show up when it counts the most.... If I was the GM, I would package Yao Ming and T-mac and trade them with someone like D-Wade and perhaps some veteran role players... :thumbsupsmiley:

Imagine, Brooks at point, D-Wade at guard, Shane and Artest share the SF position... AND a rotation of active veteran Bigs... or maybe even Cris Bosh. Dont have any idea how to make it all work though. <_<

Pepeng Manas,

A healthy TMAC would make for a better deal. But even minus that, just getting rid of this lame choker would free up enough salary cap that they could hire a decent small forward or two-guard.

well, you got that right! $20M++ for sitting around! :D

i'd go for a reliable back-up center, though, to split with yao's playing time 50-50. ;) question is who? we can't get a superstar center since he probably wouldn't want to split playing time with another superstar (but i think yao would be willing). im ok with battier as a small forward, and i think brooks and lowry makes a good combo at the 1-2 position when they need speed (tho' i understand that lowry is supposed to be a point guard). artest plays at the 2 position at times (i think). i like his defensive skills and hussle, but i think someone should tell him that he's not an offensive superstar. ;)

so, maybe an "o-k" center and a "pure shooter" at the 2 position? $20M is a lot of money. :)

wag nman si yao ming; si t-mac lang i-trade, hard worker nman si yao eh :D..

i agree. injury prone nga lang, pero i think limit his minutes more (ouch!), and next year, he can finish a whole season + playoffs. :thumbsupsmiley:

i hope daryl morey makes some big off season moves to make the rockets a championship team next season :)

although i would like a big move for houston to be a championship contender, i'll hate it if this current team is disassembled (ano ba talaga? hehe!). hanep kasi ang pinakitang effort ng current line-up vs lakers. all are hard workers and this is virtually an ego-free team (except for artest... but i have no problem with that. ;) ) kaya i like this team.

whatever works! morey is a very good GM naman kaya...

In Morey We Trust! :thumbsupsmiley:

There seems to be a lot of love for Yao here hehehe... :thumbsupsmiley: Is it possible to get Brad Miller? or better yet, get Rasheed!!! I would love to see Artest and Rasheed together in one team.. Rasheed and Yao can share minutes at center

If the Pistons trade Rip and Rasheed, Houston should go after them... Before any wishful thinking on my part can someone tell me if T-macs contract is up or is there a year left? :upside:

^well, you answered the "who" in my previous post! ;) Brad Miller or Sheed would be excellent, IMHO. :)

i think TMac's contract is also about to expire in 2010... but im not sure. anybody knows?

from Houston Chron:

Morey said the Rockets would like to add a veteran guard, depending on what is available and what he would cost to acquire. He also said the team would like a 7-footer to back up Yao but questioned whether it would be wise to devote too many resources to a player likely to get limited playing time, as opposed to finding the sort of “chess piece” Dikembe Mutombo was.

hmmmm.... how about Shaq? hehehe! just sayin'. :)

Edited by Pepeng Manas
^well, you answered the "who" in my previous post! ;) Brad Miller or Sheed would be excellent, IMHO. :)

i think TMac's contract is also about to expire in 2010... but im not sure. anybody knows?

from Houston Chron:

hmmmm.... how about Shaq? hehehe! just sayin'. :)

Shaq?.... that would be okay, IF he agrees to come off the bench for Yao... because if you play Yao and Shaq together; it would probably be the slowest team in the NBA... good running teams will burn Houston.

Rasheed would be perfect for Houston, he can play the 4 or 5 spot, great defender, can post up, and shoot the three...

and Houstons strong defense would even be stronger... :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by 13Nails
Shaq?.... that would be okay, IF he agrees to come off the bench for Yao...

he'd better! he's getting old! hehehe! :)

Rasheed would be perfect for Houston, he can play the 4 or 5 spot, great defender, can post up, and shoot the three...

and Houstons strong defense would even be stronger... :thumbsupsmiley:

hmmm... seems like Sheed is indeed a perfect fit for Houston. :thumbsupsmiley:

he'd better! he's getting old! hehehe! :)

hmmm... seems like Sheed is indeed a perfect fit for Houston. :thumbsupsmiley:

Perfect indeed....SHEED TO HOUSTON!!! music to my ears hehehe, maybe we can get Rip too hehehe... thats a solid veteran 2 guard for the Rockets...

Rocket lineup:

First five :

Brooks at point, Rip and Artest at the wings with Rasheed and Yao manning the rim.... Off the bench we have Scola, Shane , and the rest of the crew!!! :cool:

how about getting a center or power forward from the clippers.?? i mean the clips have ZACH RANDOLPH, De Andre Jordan, Chris Kaman, Marcus Camby and if they pick Blake Griffin for their first pick i guess they need to unload bigmen ... maybe Houston should try to snatch one of them maybe Kaman hehe .. just my cents .

hehehe! i posted this on Houston Chron's site, people don't like it. one person called Sheed another Classless Thug and Houston doesn't need another one of those. :D

Give the guy a chance!!! hehehe ... thats what I say... look at Ron :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest megalodon
Yao is going to be out indefinitely, now this one player i hate to see gone.

But this is a small relief for teams competing in the FIBA this August. One less headache. Hehe.

there's also a rumor that tmac might be traded to the suns for amare, plus landry and brooks for barbosa (and i forgot the other one). well, sure looks like tmac won't be with the rockets next season (thank God!). :D though im not happy if brooks is gonna be traded. well... whatever works. :)

RUMOR ROUNDUP: The 76ers have shopped Elton Brand. ... Other teams are "very aggressive" in pursuit of Tracy McGrady, according to Rockets GM Daryl Morey. ... The agent for Rajon Rondo, the subject of trade rumors, is unhappy with Celtics boss Danny Ainge. ... The Knicks are close to acquiring Darko Milicic. ... Is Kirk Hinrich headed to Portland?

--sportsillustrated.cnn.com

very aggressive in pursuit of his expiring contract, of course. :D

Edited by Pepeng Manas