Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

very happy for the rockets for advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs..great play by the whole team, the bench stepped up; players like landry, lowry, and wafer played well; stand-out performances by brooks, battier, ron-ron and yao in the series..

game 6 win showed the dominance of the rockets over the blazers, 92-76, yao with 17 and ron-ron with a superb game scoring 27pts

next-up: LAKERS..i hope we have a great plan to take it to the lakers in the 2nd round..

wawa naman si t-mac hehehehe

go rockets!!!! :)

lets bring out the starting 5 guys - check the matchups:

D. Fish vs. Brooks -

RonRon vs. Kobe -

Battier vs. Ariza -

Scola vs. Odom/Gasol -

Yao vs. Bynum/Gasol -

Phil Jackson vs. Rick Adelman -

The X Factor -

Answer which team has the advantage in each position. Let the debates begin!

D. Fish vs. Brooks -

RonRon vs. Kobe -

Battier vs. Ariza -

Scola vs. Odom/Gasol -

Yao vs. Bynum/Gasol -

Phil Jackson vs. Rick Adelman -

The X Factor -

Overall, i think the LAL is the better team in this series because of their size (and the win-loss record... duh! :D ). With Houston, the only real big player is Yao. Other than him, everyone else is undersized - for PF's they have Landry, Scola, Hayes. Even in the point guard position, they are undersized - Brooks.

In the regular season, HOU got clobbered in rebounds. Pag tapikan sa rebound na, talo na rockets. Si Yao pa naman mahilig tapikin ang bola papunta sa sarili bago kunin ang bola.

But I'll give my analysis on one-on-one match-ups anyway...

Fish vs. Brooks - Fish is bigger and more rugged... but Brooks has that Tony Parker offense at times.

RonRon vs. Kobe - now that would be a match-up to watch. Defense vs. Offense. Although Ron can also score 20+ points if he gets it going. Kobe WILL score. The question is, will he go 10 for 30 or 10 for 15.

Battier vs. Ariza - With that long arms of Ariza, I think he has the edge. Again, another size factor.

Scola vs. Odom - I think Odom has the edge. Pero sana maging inconsistent si Odom tulad nung nakita ko sa regular season. (Sometime misses very easy, uncontested, lay-ups)

Yao vs. Gasol - Yao has the edge. As long as Gasol won't knock down those 15-ft jump shots.

IMHO.

A lot of things can happen in this series... if Houston can steal one in LA then we would probably see an exciting series and I would think that Houston has a chance... if they dont, then we would probably see a 6 game series at the very best.

I'm looking for Artest to play as rugged as ever... they need to try and punk the Lakers out of their game, if they dont , then its bye-bye Houston. :thumbsupsmiley:

...but i know the rockets will take it to the lake show in this series..

you got that right! they're already doing it! hahaha!

and how about Tony Parker... i mean Aaron Brooks. look at that kid go!

got scared when Yao went down.

0-4 in the regular season, but what a time for their first victory against them. timing couldn't be better.

GO ROCKETS!!!

---

bwisit talaga si Lamar Odom (buti na lang! :D). nakakapag-3 pero isa lang na-shoot na free throw (meron din dating ganitong player... nalimutan ko lang pangalan). made a shot pero tsamba pa. kala mo naman ang galing-galing. hehehe!

i was surprised that the lakers didn't front yao that often. i expect them to front Yao more in game 2.