ako simpleng empleyado. programmer ako, ang sahod ko is a little above the minimum wage (mandated by labor), oopps, baka naman isipin nyo e malaki kinikita ko dahil programmer ako. magkano po ba minimum ngayon? 280 pesos per day, e malapit lang ako sa amount na yan kaya naman hirap na hirap akong pagkasyahin ang sinasahod ko. meron ako asawa at dalawang anak, nangungupahan pa kami... haaay, kung hindi mag-do-double job e talagang sa ilalim kami ng tulay pupulutin!

kahit papaano, kumikita naman ako sa pagiging ahente (part time), selling items na pwedeng ibenta sa internet, yong bang advertise lang ang trabaho ko... then the dealer has to do the job of sending the products to the consumers. kumikita rin naman ako sa paminsang-minsang paggawa ng customized programs sa mga taong nakakaalam ng aking skills. sa ngayon, sa ganyang mga activities ako kumikita, but i am looking forward to put up my own business which would last for a time like computer shop (internet cafe with other services), o kaya naman e mini grocery store o kaya naman e restaurant... sana maabot ko ang mga iyan sa lalong madaling panahon :-)

post-53-1082941238.gif

I agree with Shane Garcia. MLM os one of the best ways to go. I know many people have gotten burned with networking over the years, but that's because a lot dont really know the complexities of what they were getting into. They keep thinking of the easy money aspect of business, yet nothing is really easy in the world, you still have to work your ass off.

There are a lot of reputable networking companies out there, but First Quadrant has the best line of product's (shoes, bags, dami pa, all highly comsumable) and the best marketing plan. With others, yes, you can earn, but you have to sell the products, and thats not the easiest thing to do. And others impose a monthly quota too. Thats not easy. With FQ, no quota, no selling if you dont want to, you can go as slow and steady or as fast as you want, it depends on how hard you work.

You really need a strong group too. a lot of other companies dont emphasize that coz they earn as indivuduals; once they recruit you no need to take care of you anymore, and thats where the others got burned. With FQ u really take care of your group coz ur downlines success translates into your success.

(now the shameless plug) if anyone is interested in knowing more about the business, you can pm me here and ill reply to you personally. I have one of the stronger groups there, and im in this business full time; im not doing this part time. im not gonna lure you with false promises of millions of pesos, but if you wanna earn 20k a month part time, i can show you how. wanna earn 40-60k a month after four to six months? i can show you how too. Wanna earn the big bucks under the multiple heads concept Shane mentioned and turn this into a real business, i can show you how too.

To those interested to learn more, just PM me. This is a great business opportunity. just remember nothing beats hard work. The opportunities to earn are out there, we just gotta work hard to reap the benefits. ciao!

POST-ELECTION EB ... let's go Single's, falcon's, QC Chapter, Isko&Iska, 36 and up, Maynila Chapter, Makati Chapter, Ex-Sems, United Colors, Women of MTC, PP, MTC Bad Boys, DMC, Wolves, Call Boys/Girls .... Everybody's invited!

Firealessandra will be celebrating her birthday with us .... kaya tara na! EB na!

May 15, 9 pm Sibil Bar and Restaurant, Tomas Morato, Quezon CIty

Php 250/head

Edited by Macy

yeah. manufacturing is good. im into b2b. part of apparel manufacturing process. mahirap ang trabaho. even today holiday nasa office ako. pero with the right contacts and hard work, medyo ok naman. but still not satisfied kaya am still looking for other opportunities. kahit hindi quick cash ok lang kasi di naman ako naniniwala sa ganun. if ever kasi one time lang yun tapos baka madisgrasya pa. hehe.

Good morning NEGOSYANTES!!!!..... hope everyone is having a great morning...

can I ask a favor in behalf of one of our members, Sentinel? .... he wants to give a special Mom's Day gift for his wife.... could we help him do it?

Hereunder is his request......

I want to give my wife something special this coming mother's day celebration. I wanted her to win the Manila Bulletin's "Funny Mommy" award. Wala kasi akong pambili ng gift sa kanya so I decided to try my luck by participating in this contest. Please vote for my wife, Nancy, in Manila Bulletin's Funny Mommy award. Tell some friends also from MTC to do the same. Just type the following in your cell phone:

MB (space) funny mommy (space) your name (space) number 4 then send to 2299 for both Smart and Globe users only.

in his behalf, i thank you in advance ladies.............

Be Your Own Boss

Sidelines You Can Start Now

Compiled by Joy Cabrillos, Anne Ruth de la Cruz, Millet M. Enriquez, Kia Ortiz-Luis and Arlene Wong

This March, find out how you can earn extra cash without compromising your day job! Read, too, the story of five sisters who invested money that three of them earned while working overseas to buy their own house and set up a grocery and a preschool. Finally, find out how you can cash in on this year's election as we feature election businesses.

FRUIT SHAKE VENDOR

What will I be doing?

Create your own fresh fruit shakes and then sell them to people who crave healthy beverages. Try using mango, melon and strawberry shakes blended with chocolate, yam or cheese.

What will I need to start?

Fresh fruits in season that you can buy cheap at the leading supermarkets and public markets.

In February 2003, Aileen Leveriza, 28, put up a fruit-shake stand beside a hospital canteen. Before that, she bought two blenders at P2,500 each. For another P5,000 she bought a fruit slicer, plastic glasses, straw and ice to start her business. She spends P900 to P1,000 to buy 18 kilos of unripe fruit, P120 per sack of crushed ice, and various amounts for milk, sugar, cheese, chocolate and other flavors.

Who will my customers be?

People of all ages, but particularly primary and high school students. Fruit shakes are in particular demand in summer when it's hot and many fruits are in season.

How much should I charge?

P20 to P25 per 16-ounce glass. You may serve your fruit shakes plain or in combination with cheese and other flavors. Charge P5 extra to customers requesting their own combination.

How much will I make?

You'll recoup your investment in weeks if you set up in a high-traffic area. Leveriza says she recouped her capital within days. Just make sure your fruits are always fresh and you observe proper hygiene.

PIZZA DEALER

What will I be doing?

Try becoming a dealer of Mr. Mappy, a network of pizza outlets in the public markets, schools and residential areas.

Find a location with a high foot traffic. You'll need to invest around P4,000 to apply as a dealer. You'll be given a booth for P2,000, a single burner oven stove for P500, and a gas cylinder for P1,500. The pizzas and boxes will be supplied to you. Mr. Mappy has 50 booths in Laguna and Cavite and is open to new applicants. Call Ronald Convento at (046) 434-1222 or 0919-3080707 to inquire.

People from the middle and lower classes looking for cheaper alternatives to regular pizzas.

Your pizzas will cost P8 to P30 depending on size and toppings.

How much will I make?

Add P10 or more to the price of each box of pizza that you get from your dealer. You can sell 80 to 100 boxes of pizzas a day if you get a good location.

POCKETBOOK TRADER

What will I be doing?

If you like reading and collecting Tagalog romance novels, you can make money swapping them with other such novels.

Initially, invest in a set of romance novels or used books to start your collection. In 2000, hairdresser Don Guiala, 29, put up a cart-type pocketbook trading business beside the salon he was working for at the Imus Public Market in Cavite. He invested P2,500 on 300 books to kick off the business, then he rented a cart for P75 a day to display them. To save on rent, try setting up your business at home.

You can get cheap used books from Recto Avenue in Manila. You may also try buying new books when they go on sale at the leading bookstores. Books normally cost P35 to P40 each, but you can get huge discounts if you buy them directly from the publisher or dealer. If you have books that you would like to trade, contact Don Guiala at 0920-2448629.

Students, housewives, and middle-aged women who read for leisure. Get as many titles as you can to attract customers. Guiala buys new books every week to add to his titles. Some readers look for particular authors, so watch out for these.

You'll make P5 from each new book and P3 from each used book that you sell at P10 to P12 each. The price of each book will depend on its condition. When selling, make sure there are no tears or missing pages.

How much will I make?

Your earnings will depend on the number of people swapping books with you. Guiala says he lost during his first three months, but now he makes P4,000 a month because he has regular clients he can depend on. His peak trading hours are 2 to 6 pm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article appears in the March 2004 issue of Entrepreneur Philippines. Get more helpful articles like this from every issue of Entrepreneur Philippines!

me and my fiance' just have started up a marketing/ manufacturing company of resin and friberglass base decorative items few months ago...

we're dealing with japanese market & trying to penetrate the european countries...

we're accepting local orders in case you guys need ones...

our items are not just decoratives...but deco with significance... not just mere displayed or standing ones.......

interested...? email me at jessie_ong03@yahoo.com

(our website's still underconstructions)

:mtc:

Edited by jessiebaby

share ko lang uli....

Marketing

How To Launch Your Product

By Beverly Camarsi

It takes more than making noise or causing temporary mass hysteria to secure a good position in the market. So before you go about ordering the flowers and hiring the band, take time to ensure your opening day doesn't turn into a hit-or-miss affair. Take note of the following:

Identify your market. "Start with a very clear vision of who your target market is," says Anton Lorenzo, chief executive of GBSI, makers of Tropical Ice (flavored sparkling water). "You can't just strike anywhere."

Exporter Kirk Arambulo of Hacienda Gervasia Inc. says understanding the market segment you want is essential to promoting your product or service. He makes an industry analysis before launching any product. It can be tedious, but "the knowledge you can get from these studies is priceless. Roughly 90 percent of new businesses fail because of lack of study," he says.

Understand your customers. It's not enough that you know them. What's more critical is to recognize what they need and want. "You have to listen to your market," says Lorenzo. "If you don't, they won't notice your product."

John Justo Villamiel of Artwork, makers of affordable but high-quality T-shirts, says understanding your market allows you to fine-tune your product. Early on, Villamiel developed reasonably priced products because his company serves the mass market.

Says Lorenzo: "Your consumers will give you solid responses if they feel you are reaching out to them by providing for their demands. In the case of Tropical Ice, we originally planned to market it to the segment of the young professionals or the yuppies, but on our launching day in Boracay, we immediately saw the demand for Tropical Ice from the younger consumers-meaning kids. So that's when we decided to distribute in schools and colleges to make Tropical Ice more available to the young."

Arambulo made the same strategy. He tailored his products to the American taste and started networking to sell them. "It's really a matter of empathizing with your consumers," he says. "Gervasia's processed seafood like milkfish sausages is ready to eat, clearly fitting the fast-paced lifestyle of the Americans."

Spend wisely. Launchings need not be expensive. Says Arambulo: "This is not a money thing. It doesn't matter if you have a budget of P1 million or P1, 000. What's important is you are getting the people who matter."

Use your network. "You can never underestimate the power of word of mouth," says Lorenzo. Also, use the Web to e-mail your message.

"Make the most out of every peso you spend for your opening or launching," says Lorenzo. "Assess your projected expenses and see if they are really significant to the success of your launch. If not, you might as well cross them off your list."

Now you've come to your big day and are ready to launch. How do you get it right? Do the following:

Pick the right time and place. Says Lorenzo: "We set the date for Holy Week. But then we realized it was vacation time and people from Manila were generally either in Baguio or Boracay, so we decided to bring the launch to Boracay." It was a success. "Wala talagang tao sa Manila at the time. It would have been a big mistake had we launched it here as planned."

Says Winlove Martinez of Baron's Taco: "We wanted to have masa appeal-that's why we situated ourselves in the mall, where the masa is. We wanted Baron's Taco to be a household snack for the family. That's where the business concept springs from, tacos being a household merienda in our house for many years.

Arambulo picked the West Coast Seafood Show in Los Angeles, California. "Gervasia had to be there because that's the global market, and we are a part of that," he says. "It was a wise investment because the exposure we gained was invaluable."

Dress it up. "Since all our 18 outlets are positioned in the malls where clothing apparel are lined up next to each other, we had to make an extra effort to stand out [on each launching]," says Villamiel. "We work around the view concept. Consumers respond to things that catch their eye, so we always make it a point to make the store clean and the displays well lit. You won't get customers to notice you if you don't consider the way your place looks."

"Packaging is relevant to creating an appeal," says Arambulo. "When I launched my product in the US, I had to repackage my premium line of sausages to make it more appealing to the US market. For that particular product line, we learned that black and gold packaging gives the impression of premiere quality than the same red and yellow that we use for the regular sausages. If I had launched our premium line of sausages in Manila, Filipinos would not have responded to gold and black as well as the Americans did. So if you're having a series of launches in different locations, you'd do well to put that in mind."

Villamiel suggests a little decorative flair to make your place more exciting. Flowers, balloons, and banners are good attention-grabbers on opening day.

Entice your market. Tropical Ice gave away 200 cases for free tasting at its three-day launch in Boracay. It would seem expensive, "but that should be part of your marketing budget," explains Lorenzo. People will rarely pay for something they're not familiar with.

Villamiel dangled 20 percent discounts on opening day. Martinez of Baron's Taco offered free tasting.

"It's called banking on your image," says Lorenzo. "As long as you're guaranteed you're reaching your market, cashing out at your launch will be worth it in the long run."

Arambulo cooked his fish onsite for free tasting in LA. "The expo visitors were very eager to taste the product. The concept of ready-to-eat processed seafood was not familiar to [the Americans], so I had to make them taste my product for free."

A word of caution: "It's not just a matter of enticing your market. You must be careful not to appear too pretentious," says Villamiel. "Consistency of product quality should follow after the opening or launching. What you sell or serve on your opening day should not differ in quality from what you sell a week or years after."

"Be as transparent as possible," says Arambulo. Strive to provide customers with relevant information about your company so they will know you better.

Make a good impression. Impress on your staff how critical excellent customer relations is to the business. Don't let unimportant details prevent you from interacting with customers particularly on opening day. Chat with them and anticipate their questions. Don't fret about the caterer not getting your menu right, or the flowers not being delivered on time. When everything else fails, smile. The enthusiasm you radiate will rub off on your customers, and they will remember your product or service long after your opening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVENTS

May 12-14

5th Corporate Entrepreneurship for Top Management

Certificate course for owner-entrepreneurs, company founders, and top management people

Venue: Asian Institute of Management, 123 Paseo de Roxas, Legaspi Village, Makati City

Organizer: Asian Center for Entrepreneurship

Trunkline: (02) 892-4011 to 25 locals 252, 376, 187, 356 and 369

Fax: (02) 813-3302

E-mail: ace@aim.edu.ph

May 14-23

26th Philippine Furniture Festival

Venue: Megatrade Halls 2 & 3, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City

Telephones: (02) 633-1697, (02) 633-5043/46 local 118 or 127

Organizer: Chamber of Furniture Industry

Telephone: 631-2834

May 17-21

5th Monitoring and Evaluating Programs and Projects

Provides participants with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes for project monitoring and evaluation

Organizer: UP Institute of Small Scale Industries

Address: E. Virata Hall, E. Jacinto Street, UP Diliman, Quezon City

Telephones: (02) 928-7076 to 79

Telefax: (02) 920-6923

E-mail: training.issi@up.edu.ph

May 17 - June 28

8th Project Preparation, Appraisal, Evaluation and Monitoring Course

Seeks to upgrade participants' skills in evaluating, analyzing, and monitoring small and medium enterprise projects

Organizer: UP Institute of Small Scale Industries

Address: E. Virata Hall, E. Jacinto Street, UP Diliman, Quezon City

Telephones: (02) 928-7076 to 79

Telefax: (02) 920-6923

E-mail: training.issi@up.edu.ph

May 24 - June 4

11th Entrepreneurial Leadership for Business Advantage

Certificate course for owner-entrepreneurs, managers and other professionals

Venue: Asian Institute of Management, 123 Paseo de Roxas, Legaspi Village, Makati City

Organizer: Asian Center for Entrepreneurship

Trunkline: (02) 892-4011 to 25 locals 252, 376, 187, 356 and 369

Fax: (02) 813-3302

E-mail: ace@aim.edu.ph

May 26-30

World of Food

Features fresh and processed food and marine products

Venue: Thailand

Organizer: Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions

Trunkline: (02) 831-2201, (02) 832-3956, (02) 831-2382

E-mail: info@citem.com.ph

May 28-30