The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Fast Five, I've watch this movie last friday It's really a high octane action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D6auc_mo6AA

I just don't think a heavy bank vault (6x10) can take by two mid-size sedans and able to haul them and run in a high speed chase though the streets.

It's really the Mission just went from Mission Impossible to Mission Insanity, :-)

But it's one of the Best action movies i;ve ever seen..

Edited by BRONX
  • 3 weeks later...

Inside Job

Matt Damon narrates. Documentary about the Wall Street Crash.

I'd rate it 4 stars. However, sucks that it makes you realize that what happened could've been avoided. And the people who were responsible for it is still in "office".

i love watching movies, so i'm really excited to watch x-men first class. i just hope i can watch it :( since my brother isn't home, i don't know how can i watch it without being alone...i love watching movies with my brother or with anyone, as long as i'm not alone... anyway, I've recently watched fast five, scream 4, kung fu panda 2 and pirates.

i like fast five rather than fast and the furious 4 cuz fast five has all the exciting scenes. like driving around the city with a big vault attached to your car. or racing around the city at night using police cars!hahaha and of course the lives of the characters of the movie. like Mia and Brian's relationship, Dom ended up with the police chic (forget her name). and lets not forget the 'gang' they pulled to make the heist. like those two mexican guys who can't cook, haha..and han, who died at fast and the furious: tokyo drift. i really liked han, he's the only one in the movie who made sense, well aside from the main characters, of course. I know the story line isn't that great or entertaining, but the action scenes really made the movie alive. well,that's my opinion, i just hope no one will get offended or something..

i don't wanna talk about scream 4,cuz its like 11pm already..so next movie... (and i HATE horror/thriller movies)

kung fu panda 2 is a great movie when it comes to action and of course values. the movie is well suited for all ages, well except the fight scenes of course,children might copy the action scenes with their friends, so adult supervision is still advised. the story line is okay, at least we've found out where Po really came from and how he defended the enemy. im really not a fan of cartoon movies, but still for me, this is a feel good movie. cuz after the movie you would be laughing and smiling because of the funny scenes and the value that the movie have shown. again, this is just my opinion about the movie... :)

Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides - its a very long movie!haha...but i enjoyed it. yes it is a typical pirates movie, but somehow it got a little interesting because the spaniards was part of the movie. and barbossa wasn't a pirate anymore!wtf?!?!haha.. the uniform doesn't suit him well :P and also the mermaid that they held captive was interesting. but i just got a little sad because orlando bloom wasn't in the movie. well i know that he wouldn't be part of the movie, its just that the movie isn't the same without him and kiera knightley. again this is my own opinion... :P

all i've said above is based on my view of the film...and you can't blame me for not writing that well cuz, well i'm a bit sleepy already... :) for those people who wants to watch kung fu panda or pirates, don't take my word for it, trust the professionals :D hahahaha...good night :)

my take on xmen first class.

- not true to the comic book but it was good nevertheless.

- showed a diff side of professor x.

- the movie was able to connect some parts of history making it somewhat realistic in a way.

- never knew magnetos origin so was able to learn how he evolved in to the character that he is/was.

- charles and mystique were like siblings before?

- cameos by hugh jackman and rebecca romjin

- walang end credit scene to db? coz we waited for it to end only to be disappointed na wala.

- white queen :wub:

hangover 2: true, same story line lang as part 1 but its still funny. if you enjoyed hangover 1, then you'll probably enjoy hangover 2.

x-men first class: a good movie. must watch if you're a fan of x-men series. although i'm not sure how it is in the comic book, i still find this movie outstanding.

fast 5: more exciting than its predecessors. there must be fast 6!

some say green lantern is a waste of money? :blink:

can't wait for transformers 3!

hangover 2: true, same story line lang as part 1 but its still funny. if you enjoyed hangover 1, then you'll probably enjoy hangover 2.

x-men first class: a good movie. must watch if you're a fan of x-men series. although i'm not sure how it is in the comic book, i still find this movie outstanding.

fast 5: more exciting than its predecessors. there must be fast 6!

some say green lantern is a waste of money? :blink:

can't wait for transformers 3!

• 2 weeks later...

Larry Crowne - I left the Theater feeling good about it. Not a bad movie at all :lol:,

I just love Tom Hanks, It tells a story about a man who, after getting a divorce and then being fired from his job after his 9th employee of the month due to lack of education, has to cope with reevaluating his life and reshuffling his priorities. I like the way it didn't revert going-into- deep-depression and feeling-sorry-for-myself modes. Hanks' character takes the next logical step to to go to college and meet this unhappy and alcoholic teacher ( Julia Roberts ) with only 10-students on her class including Hanks,

It is a well played-romantic comedy. When it's just Hanks and Roberts, playing off of each other, the movie is adorable and funny, the chemistry is perfect.

They did not use up their only good jokes in the commercials and previews for it, they continuously were making jokes that fit well into the plot. They did not appear to try too hard to make you laugh, they didn't do anything over the top, and maybe that's why it was good, because it was just pure and simple. More and more recognizable faces showed up and all of those characters were useful in the progression of the plot and in the comedy area. The writers did a great job of not over-doing the jokes but still making you laugh throughout the whole movie. This movie is great for any age, guy or girl, just looking for a laugh and inspiration.

The best part of the movie is George Takei playing the greatest and funniest economics professor you could ever imagine. He was given enough time, but again, only for laughs, there's just so little reason for anything occurring. I just love when he laughs...:lol:, There's nothing complex about his movie at all. Tom Hanks did a fine job as an actor a director and a co-author on this movie. It's just a simple, entertaining, feel-good movie that makes you happy. And sometimes, that's what a movie should be.

Horrible Bosses, I'd say this is hillarious all the way!!!:lol:

Horrible Bosses is about three average joes (Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis) that are stuck on their job with awful bosses (Kevin Spacey-egotistical jerk, Jennifer Aniston- sex-craved maniac, and Colin Ferrell-coke head). After all three reach their breaking point, they decide that their lives would be better if their bosses ceased to exist. What follows is their hilarious efforts in finding a way to get it done without getting caught. Until they meet Jaimee Foxx also known as MotherFu***r Jones-a murder consultant in a gang bar. Full of fantastic dark comedy, hilarious dialog, raunchy humor, and an exceptionally strong cast. It is simply the best comedy so far this summer, and deserves to be seen in theaters.. Horrible Bosses is one movie not to miss this summer..:lol:B)

Edited by BRONX
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Conan the Barbarian was formulaic but it was still hugely entertaining I thought. I watched it in 3D but it's probably okay to watch it in regular cinema.

Though I never was a fan of Schwarzenegger's break-through role as Conan in the 80s, I bet my friends who were will say the Governator was a better barbarian. Jason Momoa, though smaller in size than Ah-nold, was dingy enough and grunted often enough to convince me he was indeed a brute. Some of the acting could have been more expressive but the general gore and the amount of sneering kind of made up for that.

Things you will see: Ron Perlman without prosthetics, Rose McGowan without eyebrows, slavegirls and tavern wenches in minimalist clothing, swords, sorcery, the obligatory tentacled creature, and Stephen Lang (who I liked in Public enemies) as a terrific bad guy.

Things you won't see much of because they've been cut: nudity, sex and violence. So I'm getting the DVD. To better appreciate the effects of violence, of course.

• 2 weeks later...