The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

they say that people are literally walking out of the movihouse not because na pangit, dahil the are too scared to watch it..actually it will linger in your memory for a couple of days after youve seen this film..try to watch it wit your gf and boy its one hell of an experienced.

sa commercials nga parang nakakaintriga manood. :lol:

mukhang maganda ang reviews sa ninja assasin ah.. mas matindi ba ang blood and gore nito kaysa sa Punisher: War Zone?

check mo sa rottentomatoes.com pre baba ng rating nyan ninja asassin..ang paranormal ang taas...bago ako nananud ng movi chek ko muna rating dyan..pra hindi sayang ang pera

haha! thanks for reminding me, oo nga pala. rottentomatoes is the best when it comes to movie reviews. pero kung sobrang violent talaga ng ninja assasin, ok na din :goatee:

might as well watch paranormal activity now, huh :thumbsupsmiley:

recently watched ninja assasins...

ang panget nung researcher na co-starring dito.. dapat man lang may itsura.

hassle... yung love interest ni ninja boy..na ninja girl, hindi na nga maganda.. namatay pa.

the action was good, ganda ng effects.. bloody! hehehehe!

movie; PREDATOR

rating: 3.5/5

comment;based on true events about a croc attack in australia.ok ang suspense, altho may drag sa gitna.tapang ng bidang babae

one movie that is worth watching

Blindside... ganda ng storya.. true story........ just watch it.. 5/5

meron ng dvd copy sa quiapo

Gamer -- walang kwenta........... 2/5

Law abiding citizen-- 5/5 -- maganda movie galing ng mag bida.. jamie foxx and gerard butler di katulad ng gamer heheheheh

Paranormal 3/5... di nman nakkaatkot akala ko makikita ko yung mumo..hhehehe pero galing parang blair witch

Planet 51 -- 4/5 - kaka aliw

SRR XI

had the feeling of watching all the foreign horror movies i have watched since i was born all rolled into one.

episode 1 - Diablo - strange copy cat of the Exocist. I felt that Linda Blair would suddenly appear on the screen and shout 'Hoy! inagaw mo ang role ko!!' Maja Salvador is pretty but the story is nothing spectacular. nagtipid ba sa special effects? ano nangyari sa dulo? meron pa ring diablong naiwan...maybe to run in the May 2010 Elections? hehehe

episode 2- Ukay Ukay - has a good story and plot. has some comic relief. this part i liked not only because I still think Ruffa is so sexy but also because may real horror rather than the usual SRR gimik na gugulatin ka lang. so hindi pa rin patay ang isang sumpa?

episode 3 - lamang lupa - may kulang sa story. nakaka insulto sa mga pulis. how can a petite cute girl like jenica garcia mangle all those people that way unless she jumped in from episode 1? there must be a good explanation eh yung police ang kulit kulit. predictable yung ending. mababaw yung kwento. bakit lahat sila pinatay nung lamang lupa? baka nasapian ng diablo.

all told, I like the movie but i would not watch it again nor would i go out of my way to find a dvd copy. Maybe Regal can come out with a compilation of all SRR from 1-11 so we SRR fans can see the evolution (or reverse evolution) of the series.

Edited by barrysaint
Guest mirang

Princess Mononoke + fern gully + Pocahontas = Avatar :P

Though, admittedly, the movie's story is its weakest link. But still, even if it resembles fern gully or pocahontas in some ways, avatar tells those stories in a manner that's waaaay better.I didn't care much for the stories... but the visuals more than made up for it. it was a glorious film with much effects and eye candies! worth watching it..james cameron's world was so immersive that I forgot I was even wearing 3D glasses :D

Panday

Medyo mababaw sa akin iyong story niya. Siguro mas ok cguro kung mga 3 hrs itong Panday. Ang ayaw ko sa kaniya nagkaroon ng love interest dito si Flavio unlike doon sa Panday ni FPJ na mas focus siya sa quest niya hindi para magligtas ng kaniyang "minamahal". Sayang din inalis sa story si Bentong, Tata Temyo, dadaanang sementeryo papunta kay Lizardo, espadang umaawit, saka iyong aklat na itim para malinaw sana kung saan galing iyong "propesiya". Medyo ok na rin ang effects, iyong dragon nga lang halatang CGI lang, sana sa susunod maimprove nila.

SHERLOCK HOLMES: A total overhaul of Sherlock's image, from a mild mannered englishman to a hardcore observationalist, Dr watson also improved with a stronger personality, but i miss the phrase: Elementary Watson,... Elementary.....a good portrayal also of how Sherlock thinks fourth dimensionally...similar to Tom cruise performance in the Last samurai. I remembered seeing a movie of which Michael cane was the one who is portraying Sherlock....Its the total opposite, worth watching specially for a Sherlock Holmes fan. :D :mtc:

SHERLOCK HOLMES: A total overhaul of Sherlock's image, from a mild mannered englishman to a hardcore observationalist, Dr watson also improved with a stronger personality, but i miss the phrase: Elementary Watson,... Elementary.....a good portrayal also of how Sherlock thinks fourth dimensionally...similar to Tom cruise performance in the Last samurai. I remembered seeing a movie of which Michael cane was the one who is portraying Sherlock....Its the total opposite, worth watching specially for a Sherlock Holmes fan. :D :mtc:

You must only be comparing it to the other movies and tv series, not the books :)

1. Holmes was not really "mild-mannered". He's a showboat, prefers to stimulate the mind than being idle, uses cocaine (only when there's no case), and is an expert boxer and skilled martial artist.

2. Holmes never, EVER, said "Elementary, my dear Watson". :)

Sherlock Holmes

- Roberty Downey Jr looks like wannabe Johnny Depp portraying Mr Holmes.

- The story is very typical detective movie. Im expecting more on deduction problem. I prefer CSI series.

- Fighting scene is the same scene from the movie Snatch (same director Guy Ritchie)

Lastly, fan ako ng Detective Conan which the main character (Conan) idolizes Sherlock Holmes.

Sherlock Holmes mortal enemy is Prof Moriarty..

Kaso extra lang si Moriarty sa movie.. Antayin ko pa yung sequel.. AMP!!

You must only be comparing it to the other movies and tv series, not the books :)

1. Holmes was not really "mild-mannered". He's a showboat, prefers to stimulate the mind than being idle, uses cocaine (only when there's no case), and is an expert boxer and skilled martial artist.

2. Holmes never, EVER, said "Elementary, my dear Watson". :)

Another one who read the sacred "Canon"

The movie is incredible and that is just for the entertainment value. I personally like the movie as it shows very little departure from the Holmes in the "Canon". Holmes is a boxer, fences, a single stick expert, knows baritsu and is an excellent shot. Jude Law's version of Dr. Watson is one of the few accurate characterizations in the Holmes's movie collection. Watson is no longer the bumbling, obese and sheepish - he is after all, a veteran of the brutal afghanistan war.

Great movie

Another one who read the sacred "Canon"

The movie is incredible and that is just for the entertainment value. I personally like the movie as it shows very little departure from the Holmes in the "Canon". Holmes is a boxer, fences, a single stick expert, knows baritsu and is an excellent shot. Jude Law's version of Dr. Watson is one of the few accurate characterizations in the Holmes's movie collection. Watson is no longer the bumbling, obese and sheepish - he is after all, a veteran of the brutal afghanistan war.

Great movie

I agree!

Sherlock Holmes was fantastic - from the brilliant casting to the historically accurate and visually arresting sets, this film was a joy to watch. The entire movie had a faded, authentic look that was soft on the eyes – an experience akin to opening a musty novel and getting that “old book smell” – but the filming was as hard-edged as any action movie worth its salt. It was a dynamic mix of respect for the classic tale and a kind of messy, irreverent energy that broke down any visions one may have had of a dowdy detective.

I particularly liked the elegance of Holmes’ thinking when he “envisioned” his stunts before he actually acted them out, upping the audience’s appreciation level for his genius. And after that impressive split-second scheming (“first point of attack, right ear, 2, throat…”) the ensuing action didn’t disappoint. Don’t us ladies just love men that are brains AND brawn?

(Now I’m not sure this is true but the bare-knuckle action that took place in the pub ring was supposed to have been inspired in part by Pacquiao’s fighting style, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking on my part.)

It wasn’t, however, all just visual. There was so much cheeky dialogue I was in danger of giggling throughout the movie. Is there anything more enjoyable than listening to two hot men bickering with the finesse of an old, married couple? Of course there is, but after having gone through many months of mindlessly slick blockbusters, witty repartee from the mouths of men like Robert Downey and Jude Law is like milk to a starving, Depression-era cottonpicker. To round the auditory pleasure off, Hans Zimmer’s music complemented the action and the dialogue to near perfection – it was chaotic, campy, and ultimately enjoyable.

Guy Ritchie is the man.

Legion

when i saw the trailer, i thought that it would be a different type of appocalyptic movie since you see angels being sent by God to wipe out the human race. great concept. but after watching it, it wasn't that impressive. The outcome was predictable.

Overall, it is just an OK movie. nothing special.

my rating: 2.5/5