The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Just watched Pirates of the Caribbean Dead man's chest and I really liked it!!!!! Galeng ni Captain Jack Sparrow! :cool:

I agree the movie is much better that the first one in terms of action and adventure but and most probably there will be a third part. Hate to be a spoiler but so many question arise goin to the end of the movie. Where is Capt Jack Sparrow after eaten by giant octopus? What in the hell Capt Barbosa doin in the ending? Is the Black pearl really vanished?

All in all recommendable movie but bitin. :cool:

just a question guys...

how come the monkey of barbosa still exhibits the curse from the first movie? (meaning buhay pa rin sya kahit binabaril na sya ni sparrow)... weren't all of them supposed to shed blood and return all the golds for the curse to be lifted? (and that includes the monkey considering that it also turns into a zombie under the light of the moon)

thanks in advance for the reply...

fast and furious tokyo drift : for me not that good but not that bad either...

Superman Returns : not as good as i expected.

Pirates of Carribean Dead man's chest : its awesome... more thrill compared to the first one, more exciting, much funnier its a great adventure though the ending is abrupt because of the 3rd sequel that would be showing next summer but otherwise the movie is worth of your time and your money...

I agree the movie is much better that the first one in terms of action and adventure but and most probably there will be a third part. Hate to be a spoiler but so many question arise goin to the end of the movie. Where is Capt Jack Sparrow after eaten by giant octopus? What in the hell Capt Barbosa doin in the ending? Is the Black pearl really vanished?

All in all recommendable movie but bitin. :cool:

first, it's the kraken, not a giant octopus. captain jack sparrow is dead. if you listened in the end, tia dalma asked if they would do anything to bring him back. they all said yes and so in the third film, they will bring him back. with help from chow yun fat i presume.

anyways, the third film is not a probability. it is being made.

apparently, tia did something that brought captain barbossa back to life. this will be explained in the third film. a bit of trivia: johnny depp based his captain jack sparrow interpretation on keith richards (of the rolling stones). keith richards himself will play captain jack sparrow's dad in the third film. it is rumored that it is supposed to be keith richards, instead of geoffrey rush, who offers help in the ending of part 2, but keith richards had an injury and so the script was rewritten to include captain barbossa.

if anyone's interested here is my movie review of dead man's chest: http://kitehost.com/jaiskizzy/4638/

Captain Barbosa was Will's father in the Flying Dutchman right? how come he came back at the end without the barnacles in his face regaining his human form? does that mean that Davey Jones has been killed by the British Commander? ka-bitin yung istorya but the plot didn't finish off the climax because they have never beaten the Kraken nor Davey Jones and the Flying Dutchman... sobra ka-bitin... mas maintriga yata ang Pirates kesa sa Superman...

Captain Barbosa was Will's father in the Flying Dutchman right? how come he came back at the end without the barnacles in his face regaining his human form? does that mean that Davey Jones has been killed by the British Commander? ka-bitin yung istorya but the plot didn't finish off the climax because they have never beaten the Kraken nor Davey Jones and the Flying Dutchman... sobra ka-bitin... mas maintriga yata ang Pirates kesa sa Superman...

Captain Barbosa ain't Will's father. I'm assuming you didn't get to watch the first Pirates movie. Most of you queries will most likely be answered in Part 3.

:mtc:

captain barbossa was the villain in part 1. will's father is bootstrap bill.

but captain b (haha sounds familiar?) got shot in heart in the first move right after the eternal undead curse was lifted (there was blood so you know he died).

How the heck was that possible? and why didn't the monkey be released from the curse too?

Edited by Adik
Captain Barbosa ain't Will's father. I'm assuming you didn't get to watch the first Pirates movie. Most of you queries will most likely be answered in Part 3.

:mtc:

ah ok... I watched Pirates 1, pero magkamukha si Capt. Barbosa and Will's father. Namatay nga si Captain Barbosa from Pirates 1, does that mean he came back from the Dead successfully that's why they will do it to Capt. Jack Sparrow too?

ka-intriga naman talaga... bitin talaga me... anyways, is the story about Davey Jones, The Flying Dutchman and Will's father still not finished? so they still have to battle them on Pirates 3? tanong lang...

but captain b (haha sounds familiar?) got shot in heart in the first move right after the eternal undead curse was lifted (there was blood so you know he died).

How the heck was that possible? and why didn't the monkey be released from the curse too?

watch pirates 1 and you'll get the answer. don't stop your player until the end of the credits.

you'll see the monkey get a coin/treasure from the last scenario making him "cursed".

watched "miami vice" at opening day this morning. same ingredients were there as it was in the tv program - ferrari, fast boats, italian suits, etc. still, can't keep up with the original IMHO. the tv series was really my favorite back then. pero pwede na. btw, gong li has the striking resemblance to sandara park. :D

ah ok... I watched Pirates 1, pero magkamukha si Capt. Barbosa and Will's father. Namatay nga si Captain Barbosa from Pirates 1, does that mean he came back from the Dead successfully that's why they will do it to Capt. Jack Sparrow too?

ka-intriga naman talaga... bitin talaga me... anyways, is the story about Davey Jones, The Flying Dutchman and Will's father still not finished? so they still have to battle them on Pirates 3? tanong lang...

Magulo ang plot ng Dead Man's chest, ang daming pinagkabit-kabit, medyo pilit na. Pero overall, I still loved the movie... the action, the comedy, special effects, the eccentric Capt. Jack Sparrow, and of course, there's Keira Knightly. Highly entertaining.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/click/adam_sandler/click_earlyposter.jpg

Click

Genre: Comedy / Fantasy / Drama

Casts:

Adam Sandler

Kate Beckinsale

Christopher Walken

Comment:

I watched the sneak preview of this movie last night . I was expecting the typical Adam Sandler comedy... but this movie is surprisingly wonderful! it's comedy, drama and fantasy rolled into one... and if want some fututistic theme, it's a complete package... it's a PG 13 though, due to some 'humping' scenes :evil: but i think this is just fine. It's for the whole family.

It's about an architect who's busy with his career, climbing the corporate laddder and overlooked simple yet very important roles in his life... as a father, a husband and as a son,.. he needed a universal remote that can control all his electronic gadgets, what he found was a remote where he can control his life.

as what an ordinary remote can do, it can pause, rewind or fast forward his life. He can take a glance of his past, or fast forward his future so he can avoid experiencing years of hard work, sickness and family crisis of his life.

i don't want to be an spoiler, i will not add more details! This movie is unpredictable! for me, this is the best movie of Adam Sandler. Watch it, you'll never regret it.

Rating: 8/10 :thumbsupsmiley:

Between "Click" and "The Break Up"... choose "Click". Notwithstanding the admittedly greater star-power in "Break Up", "Click" is by far the better movie. Though "Click" has a tinge of "A Christmas Carol" in its story, Sandler delivers it in an interesting manner. Also, Christopher Walken does a pretty good job as the guy who gives Sandler the remote control.

As for "Break Up", there simply is no chemistry between its two lead actors. Though their performances were good, you could almost feel like they were just doing it by the numbers --- almost as if they just wanted to get it over with.

CLICK

Adam Sandler, Kate Beckeinsale

Kate Beckinsale was enough for me to watch this movie!!! Dapat freeze frame pag pinapakita sya na naka-short shorts! (how i wish i had Michael's remote!) Her body was ROCKIN HARD (sabi nga ni Morty!)! :cool:

I expected a gross out comedy typical of Sandler movies.. Pero, this one's different.. Napaiyak pa nga gf ko eh! :)

Good movie! :)

Just watched LADY IN THE WATER!!!

so nice... good wholesome movie with the touch of the master himself..

M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN..

he's a good actor too... so very nice, I didn't expect this one to be

good as I think this was far better than The Village ...

Watch LADY IN THE WATER!!! so good!! esp. to all M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN'S fans out there!!!! great movie!!!

I give it 9/10 - a good movie which I think a lot of people unexpected

it to be that good bec. of previous Shyamalan's films, but this was

really good expecially the way the shots were taken on different

angles plus the acting of the people were great even if they're not

that highly-paid actors... great acting by Bryce Howard and the Guy,

esp. Shyamalan himself...

WATCH IT!!!! super ganda! you won't be disappointed...

WOLF CREEK: Sobrang baduy. Typical slasher flick that does not even try to make itself stand out from other slasher flicks. If you look at the movie poster akala mo horror pero wala ding supernatural elements. Just your typical redneck psychopath killing people. Sayang lang ang 130 pesos ko.

just watched MIAMI VICE last saturday..

hmm, maganda yung plot na movie, astig ang cinematography, pero nakornihan ako kasi puro dialog, bitin sa action scenes, mas marami pa nga atang sex scenes kesa sa action scenes, tska you have to watch the movie sa isang sinehan na mganda ang sound system kasi importante yung dialog para magetz mo un movie..for action movie afficionados, bitin siya pero if you want an action movie with a good story, this is for you..pero overall ok lang yung movie, i could've watched it on dvd siguro..

my rating : 6/10..

i'll probably watch click next week..mukhang ok reviews ng mga tao dito..