Headphones

• 4 weeks later...

You are correct Beats are overrated and overprice, Anyone could get a better looking and specs headsets that is less pricey. Your jusy paying for the name and bragging rights. Also I don't like their designs. I like those futuristic robotic looking headsets. Even V-Moda are cool looking but theyre quite expensive.

You are correct Beats are overrated and overprice, Anyone could get a better looking and specs headsets that is less pricey. Your jusy paying for the name and bragging rights. Also I don't like their designs. I like those futuristic robotic looking headsets. Even V-Moda are cool looking but theyre quite expensive.

I definitely do agree with you gentlemen on this matter.

TLDR -> VEmonks (old school style), kung alang budget and more comfortable mag boarseman KR25D or einsear T2 kayo.

On to most of my collection (to the best of my recollection :D)

Sennheiser - Cx 300i was the very first decent ones i had (v shaped profile), PCX 250 & PCX 300 nice portable headphones with their own amps / noise isolating capability (IMHO NC was not that strong). Didn't like the sound signature. HD598 CS, really nice, comfort and overall design really nice closed backs.

Shure - SE500pth, one of my quality buys, love the ergonomics of the tear drop shape but I didn't like the durability my cables kept on fraying, couldn't afford to repair them all the time, good for microdetails, the sound stage was kind of small.

Panasonic - ergofit RP-TCM125 almost the same as cx300i but half the price.

KZ-ZS 5, pretty good overall, found soundstage to be not so wide, really uncomfortable for me

Bose - QC2 & QC3, at that time they were best in noise cancellation, bass cannons, pretty muddy on treble and highs, distorted quite often.

Hifiman RE00- loved them, but somehow I had grounding issues with 3 pairs, when i went on the treadmill and was running with tunes i would get shocked if I touch the heart rate sensor. HE4xx - testing them out currently.

Philips - had so many IEMS from them, Sikat siya ng 90's came with most walkmans, i.e.didn't really have an idea back then that there was a difference between any set of headphones. my first open back was the SHP 9500s, loved them, although low impedance they were inefficient, needed more amplification. Was really good for playing games kasi you could locate where the enemy was with the sound (whether which side and you could differentiate if it was coming from the font or back).

Sonys- have the MDR7506 (one of my cheapest in my collection, love that they're emphasized for vocals (bad soundstage though) and whatever came with discmans back in the day

etymotic - er6 no bass!!

Klipsch - Image x10 love their ear gels, nice heaphone with slim profile, sparkling highes.

Skullcandy - sucks

beats - too expensive for what they offer.

Audio technica - listened to them in a mall didn't like the m50x, like m40's better, - dont own any, it was a quiet store so i had a lot of time testing.

on a side note...

For anyone who has tried the HD 600 / HD650's care to lend them out or willing to meet up in metro manila, just want to see how the sound profile is.

also....

any recommendations on a portable DAP? I have the shanling m1 and planning to upgrade (want more power/soundstage) , but love the size and the weight. Any sugestions? cowon plenue d?

and the 5rgoFit RP-TCM125

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...