Your Favorite Basketball Position?

Eddy Syet

when i was playing power forward in high school i was getting a lot of rebounds especially against much taller opponents. My height is 5'6 and those guys were 5'9 to 5'11. parang charles barkley nga ang dating ko noon. well hindi mo naman kelangan daanin sa talon talaga you need to box out your man. after high school i tried to improve my ball handling and passing and I moved to point guard and shooting guard. ayaw ko ng maglaro ng forward kasi pagka malaki ang kalaban mo sa ilalim either popostehan ka nyan and you need to front him at the same time ubos lagi ang hangin mo pagka kumukuha ka ng rebound.

Ahahahaha! Correct! :lol:

right now am playin the "4" position :cool: am 5-foot-9 and just right for the "4"... though am a reluctant center back in college and first few years when @ work and playin with colleagues :cool:

the "smallest" position I played was the "2" position... it happened only because our center in that practice game back then was 6-foot-3, the power forward was almost 6-flat and the small foward was a real slasher cum part-time post[-up player at 5-11... so they had no choice but put me at the "2" position even if am not much of a shooter (and I admit it, :lol)...

am mo' into some mid-range shots, putbacks and banked shots... then of course the pointguard we had back then was a wily 5-foot-7 dude who can imitate Tony Parker's speed in stretches and has a stroke like Steve Kerr's :cool:

oh, by the way, we won the game but lost the next two :lol: bummer... they had a Garnett-type center at 6-4 who shoots 3-pointers like Peja... :lol: excuses from me hehehe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am a pure shooter at 5'8".

I'm not into dribbling and slashing so i can't play the no.2 spot, but i can score a lot from the perimeter - around 5-10 3's in a game.

I'm more of a small forward ala Renren Ritualo.

My shooting can change the complexion of the game.

And I love shooting during clutch times.

Im only standing 5'4 - shooting guard/back up point guard...parang c Noy Castillo!

pareho pala tayo ng height. hehe! :)

---

PG laro ko. i don't really like to shoot the ball, pero i like to set people up for an easy basket. may feeling of accomplishment din ako :P pag nakapag-direct ng play like pick-and-roll or give-and-go that leads to a basket. i also like to slash to the basket and pass to open team mates. although may shooting din naman ako, i rarely shoot the ball. nung kasagsagan ko maglaro nung high school, nasa 80-90% sa FT ako. ngayon nasa 60-70% na lang siguro.

yabang ko no? pagpasensyahan nyo na ko, minsan lang naman eh. hahaha! ;)

I'm 5'9" and used to play the 4 or 5 dyan sa Pinas. ngayon, im a 3 dito sa Tate. I'm doing a lot of jump shooting nowadays kasi iba ang style of play (physical!) dito and ang lalaki ng mga tao.

dito sa West Coast eh the only good players are either the egoys, chekwas and the indios (READ: Pinoys). :P (racist ba?)

• 3 weeks later...

---

PG laro ko. i don't really like to shoot the ball, pero i like to set people up for an easy basket. may feeling of accomplishment din ako :P pag nakapag-direct ng play like pick-and-roll or give-and-go that leads to a basket. i also like to slash to the basket and pass to open team mates. although may shooting din naman ako, i rarely shoot the ball. nung kasagsagan ko maglaro nung high school, nasa 80-90% sa FT ako. ngayon nasa 60-70% na lang siguro.

Exactly my style and mindset. Incidentally same height tayo hehehe..... Since high school eto na posisyon ko.... hanggang ngaun kahit naglalaro na ako with my pamangkins and their barkadas who are almost half my age, automatic na sa akin pa rin nila binibigay ung bola para mag point guard haayy.... in fairness talagang effective pa rin ako sa posisyon na ito even at my age kc I can handle and distribute the ball very well, scan the court for open team mates and set them up for easy shots and I can spot mismatches easily. I also have a decent jump shot and can slash the lane for a layup or dish out. Un nga lang di na kasing galing and bilis nung dati and Im also more prone to cramps and injuries and madali na mapagod... pero nakakasabay pa rin naman. Pero kung ako lang masusunod gusto ko posisyon ay SF or PF kc fascinated ako sa post up moves with the physical contacts and all at ung quick spin at drop steps towards the basket.... kaya lang kulang sa height eh.... :goatee:

---

I am more of a Ren-Ren Ritualo type of player, specialty ko sa Spot-up treys, transition 3s, pero dinedelop ko na ang Tear Drop shot ko and also may crossover... I do the PG chores pag wala na talagang pwde magdala ng bola sa line-up...Disadvantage lng ng pagiging PG ko is i lost my scoring oppurtunity... naging more of a passer ako instead of a scorer!