• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've heard that they closed the Sumaguing caves as there was a recent accident. I've been to Sagada and one of the most incredible spots to go there is the Cave system. It will take you 3-4 hrs to finish it from one side to another (Just don't mind the hanging coffins inside)

Hopefully their local government clears out the area so that these caves will be accessible again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't have the the exact cost that we spent when we stayed in Sagada. We paid our travel expenses to a travel agency that includes a tour guide and an accommodation. I forgot the name of the house we rented our accommodation, but it was good. A cozy loft type house with 2 rooms near the Lemon Pie House along the street.

The local food was great and the price ranges plays around from cheap to not too expensive prices.

We went to Bomod-Ok, a big freezing falls with a lake that runs through the village's terrace farms. You have to do stretching before walking down the rice terraces because your leg muscle would get numb climbing down a thousand stairs, At the end, the view of the village and the falls is majestic. We tried to swim but the water is extremely cold. Your body will adapt once you are already in the water though. Our only problem now was our way up, good thing there was a short cut.

We visited the famous cave system of Sagada. It is a 4 hour adventure under the mountainous parts of Sagada called Lumiang Cave and Sumaguing Cave, Wherein you will have to walk, climb, rappel up and down steep rocks and huge Stalagmites, swim your way through the other end of a path, get wet, take pictures on those huge monstrous stalactites and stalagmites that was formed hundreds of years ago, get spooked by the Igorot hanging coffins laying around the area and hanging on the wall, get across thin bridges of stones on top of a cliff, crawl your way through by either head first or feet first in a long dark passage hole a size of a PC monitor just to get to the other side (Not for the claustrophobic hearts), play Patintero with hundreds of bats awakening every time a human lays feet on their sacred Cave, get to the deepest part of the cave where your breath smokes every time you talk even if it is daylight, and the best part is, Camaraderie. The experience was great and is peculiar on that area. I would definitely go back soon. (Oh by the way, It was 7PM when we went inside the cave and we got out at around 12am) I've enjoyed every minute being inside. A lot.

The next day, around 5:30 or 6 am where the air is very cold and humid, we went up to mount Kiltepan, We walked our way up the mountain and saw the best view the mountain top has to offer. The fields and villages, the clouds sitting right next to you. The cold air and the locals selling hot breakfasts on the walkway.

Then the rest was food tripping on the streets of sagada, The Restos and dinning areas, the souvenir shops etc. of course Booze and food are present during the nights before we sleep. It was a great experience having to stay in Sagada. On our way home, we stopped by at Baguio just to buy stuff.

Edited by Robmeister
  • 4 weeks later...