• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i visited sagada 5 years ago, stayed at miyapaaw, it is about 1km away from town proper, so medyo malayo. the place is cozy, medyo eerie ng konti kasi malayo nga sa sa town and medyo nad iisa lang syang structure dun sa area. walang hot water dito, kailangan mag pa request ka hot water for a fee.

i visited sagada 5 years ago, stayed at miyapaaw, it is about 1km away from town proper, so medyo malayo. the place is cozy, medyo eerie ng konti kasi malayo nga sa sa town and medyo nad iisa lang syang structure dun sa area. walang hot water dito, kailangan mag pa request ka hot water for a fee.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry but i can stop laughing reading some posts from here

you will definitely need a budget of between 4-6k regardless of how big your group (you will need the cushion of cash believe me)

the nearest beach from sagada is probably either on the shores of quirino, aurora or la union...which is 8-10 hours...so your chance of a water encounter on a big body of water apart from the creeks, brooks and rivers (plus the falls) will be slim to nil...

st joseph and canaway are your best bets...but dont be afraid to ask around if you are backpacking...

• 1 month later...

sorry but i can stop laughing reading some posts from here

you will definitely need a budget of between 4-6k regardless of how big your group (you will need the cushion of cash believe me)

the nearest beach from sagada is probably either on the shores of quirino, aurora or la union...which is 8-10 hours...so your chance of a water encounter on a big body of water apart from the creeks, brooks and rivers (plus the falls) will be slim to nil...

st joseph and canaway are your best bets...but dont be afraid to ask around if you are backpacking...

Is it safe to go there during August? I mean, in terms of weather. I'm plannin' to go on a solo trip there next month. ^_^

hi chi_x, i suggest you take the Cable Tours bus (E. Rodriguez QC near St. Lukes), it leaves every night.

The problem with August is that there are normally typhoons, and if you are unlucky, said typhoons can hit the Northern Luzon area and cause landslides on the highway.

Not only that, if its raining in Sagada while you're there, definitely you won't be allowed to go spelunking by the guides, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

im in sagada at the moment the weather is a wet but not very rainy if you r planning to come this month its better to take the bus to baguio then take the sagada bus from there you will have more options if there is a landslide many buses use this route so you could walk across the landslide and take the bus on the other side its usually what they do here unlike the cable bus route which is through banaue not many public transpo here so not much options

• 3 weeks later...

Hi bher2 & Chi_X.

If you need companion to sagada pwede ako etong aug.28-30, 2011. It will be my first time if ever. Pwede tau mag-commute going there. It will be one heck on an adventure. I hope may message is not that late. May contact # is: 0933-5188922.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Sagada! The first time that I went there was 2years ago. It was one heck of a trip.

We were supposed to go there again last August but sadly we didn't go anymore since there's a storm during that time. If only I could go there alone I would but I remember I read something in the magazine about her trip to Sagada. She was robbed there since she was alone but the heck! I would still want to go there but not alone though. tongue.gif

If you feel like being adventurous this is the place for you. Specially those people who like to take photos of landscapes. If I'll have a chance to go there again I would try rappelling and spelunking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...