tulong naman po sa mga nakapunta...mga magkano kaya magagastos namin ng gf ko for a trip there?all in na sana...thanks guys

I think 5K each is safe, pero mas makakatipid kayo kung makikijoin kayo sa ibang groups sa mga tours para mas makamura. Mahal din kasi mga tours pero worth it.

tulong naman po sa mga nakapunta...mga magkano kaya magagastos namin ng gf ko for a trip there?all in na sana...thanks guys

The tour guide rates are expensive if 2 lng kayo. Either join kayo or asked other people na konti din to join you para tipid sa big falls, small falls, kiltepan, underground river and echo valley. Sa caves, may ratio yun number of guide sa number of persons kasi you would definitely need their assistance and expertise. :goatee:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

highlight of our adventure ---

DAY 1

CAVE CONNECTION

Lumiang cave to Sumaguing cave

start from 1 pm to 5pm

DAY 2

View ng Sunrise

Trek to Bomod-ok falls 3-4 hours

Lunch at Rock in Farm, wala nga lang orange sa orange farm

Sagada Weave

Sagada Pottery

Hanging Coffins

DAY 3

Marky Cielo House and burial site

Stopover at Pali (Philippines Highest Point)

Strawberry farm at La Trinidad

Guys, eto yung site ng organizer namin if you want to go there www.yunanreyes.multiply.com, worth yung money niyo ... enjoy!

• 1 month later...

3 days in Sagada was fun, well, aside from the pain in my calves, thighs, butt, lower back, upper back, and neck. Oh, and yeah, the cold sniffles and cough that I seem to have developed.

Anyway, while the big falls (bomod-ok) is where most people tend to go, we went on an overnight trek to the Twin Falls ... it was a definite winner. The last day was spent in doing the cave connection, though with the sheer number of people in the caves, it wasn't worth it anymore.

Dinner at the Log House was ... so-so at best. The pinikpikan (native chicken, smoked ham, potatoes, and string beans) was bland at best. All told Salt and Pepper is a better place to eat, at a far lower budget to boot.

There is a large number of rest houses there now, all of which are pretty much ugly and cheap. Personally Canaway rest house was the cleanest of the 3 that we stayed in.

• 2 weeks later...

If I can make a suggstion for your stay go to George's house one of the cleanest and newest place to stay... Look for Ireneus and ask for the best villa with matching fireplace nice place to cook b-b-q in the evening... Every December I'm in Sagada because of the best weather...cheers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

magkano po ang budget pag punta dito

Going to Sagada is cheap. We were a group of four (including me) and spent only around 5k each! Yun na nga lang, we stayed at a cheap in (St. Joseph's Retreat House), shared rooms and hear this... no heated water. Grabe ang ginawwww. Don't forget to check out the Lemon Pie house which serves really yummy (but limited lemon pies). We befriended the owner and she guided us in going to the big falls and sumaguing cave and even served us pinikpikan for dinner!

• 2 weeks later...
Going to Sagada is cheap. We were a group of four (including me) and spent only around 5k each! Yun na nga lang, we stayed at a cheap in (St. Joseph's Retreat House), shared rooms and hear this... no heated water. Grabe ang ginawwww. Don't forget to check out the Lemon Pie house which serves really yummy (but limited lemon pies). We befriended the owner and she guided us in going to the big falls and sumaguing cave and even served us pinikpikan for dinner!
Canaway rest house was 1K per night for 4 beds with hot showers. 4 of us went up there and we averaged about 4K expenses including gas, food, lodging, and guides.

Hi, hows the road going to sagada? di na ba rough road? how many hours from baguio? when is the best month to go there? Thanks in advance!
Depends on your route, the Baguio-Sagada road is about 5 hours drive (safely) and is pretty much well cemented except for a few spots. If you take the road from Banaue, then that's pretty much dirt roads. Best months to go there are from September to February in my opinion.
  • 3 weeks later...

' Appreciate having someone post a break-down of updated costs to help me estimate a future trip. (guides, food, fare, souvenirs, etc.)

(Damn, TSB! If you can do cave connection, I'm confident I can do it too :lol: )

Cave connection is easy JotN, its the trek to the 3 Falls that's really bad. Guides average out to about 400 to 600 each (depending on your negotiating skills). Sorry I can't help with fare and souvenirs. Figure food out at roughly 250 per meal per person.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanna give you guys what to expect in Sagada........

6hours drive by bus from Manila to Baguio via Victory Liner - 480php per person

6hours to 7hours by bus from Baguio to Sagada via Lizardo Trans in Dangwa Terminal - 220php per person

St Joseph Dormitory - 1,200php good for 6 persons

pics to follow..........

Aside from St. Joseph, is there anything you you would recommend? Kasi 3 lang kami.