Most Depressing Movies You've Watched

Grave of the Fireflies

Monster (Charlize Theron)

The Road

Passion of the Christ (the beating was depressing)

When the Wind Blows

The Elephant Man

Lilja 4-Ever

Requiem for a Dream

The Little Mermaid (the original. No wonder Disney changed the ending so as to not depress kids.)

The Wrestler

Ghosts of Mississipi

Schindler's List

City of God

English Patient. I had to take tylenol to get rid of the headache this movie has caused me. Nakakainis yung babae na naglalaro sa dalawang lalaki, lalo na kung mabait naman asawa nya. Sarap patayin na lang yung babae.

Pearl Harbor . Ganda sana ng movie na ito, yung 30 minutes na bombing scenes. As for the rest, naiinis din ako sa babae. Susuot ka ba naman ng napaka sexy tapos pupunta ka sa mga sundalo, Ano expect mo? Syempre, magkakagusto yung sundalo sa yo. Hay! kakainis! Sayang ang friendship nung 2 lalaki , kung pag aawayan lang nila eh yung nurse na napaka landi. Hay!

Rape of Nanjing (DVD) - Di ko na tinapos yung libro, di ko rin tinapos ang movie dito. Kasi baka ako pa unang mamatay sa sama ng loob ko. Ayaw ko magkwento. Pero sure ball ako na di ko nyo kakayanin itong movie na ito sa sama ng loob mo.

Message in a Bottle - the story was very well made and have a depressing ending. Kung kelan naman nakita mo ang taong mahal mo at magmamahal sayo saka naman natigok :(

My Sisters Keeper - Being a mother you will do anything just to keep your daughter alive.

Hachiko - it reminds me of my dog during my childhood days.

Million Dollar Baby - Even Clint cried in this movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Mysterious Skin

-One of Joseph Gordon Levitt's unknown best work. Ang sakit sa dibdib panoorin ang pelikulang ito. Not only is it depressing its so disturbing too. Not in a blood gore kinda way. This movie makes you wanna support the death penalty for child molesters.

Grave of the Fireflies

- It reminds us how shitty we human beings are. Instead of finding ways for our species to keep evolving for survival, we exterminate each other like the idiots we are. It makes you pissed off that to this day we castigate germans for the holocaust committed by the nazi's, while we praise the US when they themselves were bombing the hell out of villages and cities with over 400 thousand noncombatants.

Oldboy

-Ending was just so f#&ked up.

The Deer Hunter

I dare anyone to watch this and not be depressed. Its not a tear jerker, but it will definitely make you sorrowful for the characters.

Grabe itong pelikulang ito. Nagumpisa kasi sya na ang saya saya, tapos mapapanood mo yung characters na unti unting masira ang mga buhay nila.

The Russian roulette scene has got to be one of the most intensed and depressing scene to watch. To watch these close friends play against each other.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...