Apple iPhone

you could wait for the dev team or tyry to find yourself a turbosim to unlock your phone.

i have a big problem mga bro...my friend sent me an iphone 3gs from canada...may bayad syempre...locked under rogers (canadian provider). the first thing i did was upgrade my pc with itunes9 and the worst is i also upgraded the phone's firmware to 3.1. i then surf for tips to jailbreak and make it openline...:Lo and behold, all along there were already reminders out there in the web not to update the firmware as doing so would also update the phone baseband which wont allow you to jailbreak, openline, nor downgrade to lower version...so now, my iphone is just like an itouch. and until now, looks like the devteam hasn't cracked the 3.1 yet especially for 3Gs.

anyone who had the same probs? did you manage to fix it?!? oh i guess i'm just the idiot here :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
yes, u can use non-globe sim if ur using factory unlocked iphones (e.g. bought from hk, singapore, australia, etc). iphone fro phils are locked to globe. u need to jailbreak them to be usable with other networks.

mine is 8 gb, i bought it in GH, nearly 2 years na, working both for smart and globe.

Edited by robheart

I got my 16g 3gs apple iphone from globe. I intended to use it for other tel co besides globe.

I went to sm to try and unlock the phone. They want to charge me Php 2,500.00. That is too

much. I finally managed to unlock the phone and it can be used in other tel co. Anybody

wants to know how to unlock their apple iphone 3gs with paying those stupid people. Actually

it takes less than 5 minutes. And they want to charge you php 2500.00 .Wake up

Do it yourself

Hi guys,

Gumawa ako ng free IPHONE app for HALALAN 2010, currently ranking #8 in Lifestyle FreeApps section ng Philippines iTunes Store.

Download directly from http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/halalan-phi...d346759089?mt=8 or search "HALALAN" in iTunes. I know it only represents a certain segment of the society but I wanted to know kung sino talaga ang leading sa polls and to have an HONEST, UNBIASED, TRANSPARENT and INDEPENDENT survey. REGISTER, VOTE, and SEE the results immediately.

Siguro naman bago makapagdayaan, eh bibili muna ang isang presidentiable ng maraming iPhone... Para sa mga magdodownload, you can help me maintain the system by visiting the mobile ads.

Even if you don't have an iphone, you can still see the stats from http://www.2rmobile.com/halalan2010/

Maraming Salamat po! If you have a great iphone idea na pang pinoy, email nyo lang ako.

Best Regards,

Pinoy iPhone Developer

• 2 weeks later...
anyone from singapore here? :unsure:

just want to ask... :huh:

my gf will buy me iphone from M1... :thumbsupsmiley:

can i use this here in the philippines? :blink:

or do i need to unlock the M1 so i can use it to globe or smart. :(

NEED HELP GUYS... :huh:

Thanks. :)

I am from Singapore. Yes you have to unlock it. Just google the web and some site with videos will teach you how to unlock it

i think this piece of hardwware is overpriced and overrated

Honestly it is pricey. But once you use the iphone, you don't want to use others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I got my 16g 3gs apple iphone from globe. I intended to use it for other tel co besides globe.

I went to sm to try and unlock the phone. They want to charge me Php 2,500.00. That is too

much. I finally managed to unlock the phone and it can be used in other tel co. Anybody

wants to know how to unlock their apple iphone 3gs with paying those stupid people. Actually

it takes less than 5 minutes. And they want to charge you php 2500.00 .Wake up

Do it yourself

good day! when u used it for other telco sims, were u able 2 configure MMS/MMS/GPRS/WAP?

i still have my good ol 2g iphone with me...ok pa naman sya with 3.1.2 firmware/jailbroken and unlocked using blackrain :thumbsupsmiley:

although my only problem was the battery consumption is quite alarming mas mabilis na sya ma drain

siguro mga 2days mag last yung full charge with my normal usage...