Whats Your Current Car?

• 2 weeks later...
18 months ago, I bought a Toyota Surf from Subic. This is the Japan Domestic Model of the SUV we know as the 4Runner. AS a conversion job, it was okay mechanically but I had to buy a new LHD hashboard to get rid of the rattles. The ECU-controlled turbo diesel was getting a little smoky so i decided to overhaul it six months ago. I brought it the VW Precision along Roces Ave., in Quezon City where they did the overhaul not just machine works. This way, I can be assured of where responsibility lies in case of problems. We did headworks for a hi-flow diesel application, changed rings, ceramic coated the piston crowns, cylinder head, and valve heads. We did a friction-proof coating on all moving parts, such as cams, journals, and connecting rod pins. Valves were re-seated with a five-angle cut, and the cylinder heaqd was stress-relieved. Also changed the electronic injectors, overhauled the turbo and cramic coated the turbo vanes and housing. Replaced the exhaust with a 2.5-inch mandrel bent, stainless steel system customfitted by Mang Tony of SMT in Zapote St., Makati, and then wrapped all high heat components in ThermoTec ceramic tape.

While we were at it anyway, I replaced the brake lines with Aeroquip steel braided lines, threw away the factory adjustable shocks and replaced them with Old Man Emu Nitrochargers, and changd the factory 15-inch 265-75 x 15 wheels with Deep dish American Racing mags and 33 x 15 Mickey Thomsons.

After running in the engine and after rechecking the operation of some of the sensors, she now runs like a gasoline powered 4 x 4. Toyota makes the sweetest runnign Jap diesels in my opinion. They may not be the best, I give that to Isuzu but for comfort and drivability, my surf with the auto trans will go all the way to 160 kph if you have the cojones for it. 135 kph on thos Mickey Thompsons is scary. Para ka nasa loob ng beto-beto. But blasting through the rough in lahar country is fun. It is great on flooded streets too even without a snorkel. The 33 tires were plenty high.

Since the truck was red with matching red interior, I had KEL Seat re-do the interior sidings in red and mustard yellow leather. I took off the front bucket seats and replaced them with Sparco adjustables that were also done in leather by KEL Seat.

Am still trying to decide on the sound system and lights. Any suggestions?

Cats HID high/low

Mcullins HID

or Santeca Hid's:)

as for audio go JL nalang :)

as the avatar shows...Mk4 Mini Cooper..1275 A+ Metro, Twin-Stromberg Carbs on Alexander intake trailing a 2" Playmini Ex, Kent 276 cams on balanced gears and flys, Mallory Promaster and Champion electrics...all resting on Gazzard Engineering suspensions..55mph inside a 60deg curb. Sweet.

post-61-1087120672.jpg

ako po nissan sentra, yung model after series III and before exalta. naka 15" mags po, 55 series na dunlop, nismo sport springs (1.5" drop), simota intake, front strut bar, and blue-green indiglo for the meter cluster. sa audio naman, sony po radyo ko with 10 disc changer, may sony po na ampli para sa dalawang 10" subs ko for clarity lang po hindi pang bayo.

i drive a 1970 volkswagen beetle 1200cc. eto picture nya. 14"wheels. no radio. no aircon. just a crotch blower vainly trying to cool my balls when I get stuck in traffic.

I recently bought another 1970 beetle pero 1500 na. This will be my project car. Plan to convert it to 1600. Drop in an aircon. Scrounge for disc brakes. :D