The Football Thread

Labuyo

Gahd! I miss playing Football! I used to play everyday when i was younger kasi i was on the team, di ba Madamoiselle Props kilala mo yung iba kong teammates?

Man, we used to play against some pretty good schools, Ateneo, Xavier, LSGH, CSA, Don Bosco... I was the goalkeeper.

Haaaay... Nasan na ba yung spikes ko... :unsure:

Meron ba nagalalaro pag Saturday? Saan? Miss playing the game.

Heard that Real Madrid lost in the Spanish Super Cup wherein, Beckham only played 22 minutes. Hope that this is only an adjustment period for him. Would be sad if he couldn't hold his own in La Liga. This would show that his reputation as a great player was gotten by hype and not by talent.

Heard that Real Madrid lost in the Spanish Super Cup wherein, Beckham only played 22 minutes. Hope that this is only an adjustment period for him. Would be sad if he couldn't hold his own in La Liga. This would show that his reputation as a great player was gotten by hype and not by talent.

I don't think though that Real Madrid losing was due to anything Beckham. t#ang%na, pwedeng mag-switch ng positions yung frontline nila. It's almost ironic they lost.

But it's really going to suck if David wouldn't be able to convert in La Liga. Because even though hardcore football fans hate him because of his pretty boy face, you gotta admit the man's accuracy rocks.

Apologies if my previous post implied that Beckham was the reason that Real Madrid lost. It was not my intention. I intended to point out two things, Real Madrid lost and Beckham only played for a short period.

For Beckham's sake I hope he can adjust well so he can prove that he is not just a marketing tool for Real Madrid.

Being a Barca fan, I hope that Real Madrid will fall apart with all with all the superstars that they have. I must admit however, the organization has done a good job so far. My hat off to them.

I have read that the La Liga season start has been delayed due to TV rights dispute. Hope they resolve this soon. Can't wait to see the best league (I know I'll get flak for this. Right, Premiereship fans?) play.

Heheh. Barca fan ka pala KB.

I used to be one nung rivaldo days pa ng barca. Pero trip ko na rin Real nun because of Raul and Roberto Carlos. Tapos sumali pa si Ronaldo, so bye bye na Barca. Converted na ko to Real.

Pero obvious naman na marketing tool lang si Beckham. What Real needs is a defender, sobrang loaded na offense nila. Dapat kumuha na lang sila ng defenders like Edmilson (hehe obvious na Brazil fan ako)

Sayang. Pero ok lang basta manalo pa rin sila. Heheh para silang Dallas ng NBA. Score lang ng score.

Yup, Barca fan all the way. Only thing that is making me root for Real Madrid is Luis Figo. Aside from that, hope Real Madrid falters.

Sapboy, I agree that Real Madrid needs to solidify its defense. I saw the highlights of their game with Mallorca, where they lost, Hierro would not allow those goals to be easyly made. It was a mistake letting Hierro go.

That seems to be the problem of real madrid, starting a few years back. They wouldn't get any high profile defenders. They keep getting midfielders and forwards that are more of a commercial thing rather than a strategic plan. althouhgt this has bolstered their attack it leaves them vulnerable in the back. Case in point in the first leg of the game against mallorca.

Nakakatuwa naman tong thread nyo... Sayang nga lang di nag click sa Pinoy. I think the Filipinos couldve really excelled in this sport...

Sa Fort, there is a league that plays. Manila Football Club ATA ang na oorganize. In Ateneo, people used to just come and play pag afternoon weekends. Nothing organized. Dont know if they still do.

:D