The Football Thread

Labuyo

On a local note: Have you guys heard anything about RIFA? My younger brother mentioned that their school is no longer competing because of some anomalies with the league... I even hear it is no longer FIFA apporved.. he even mentioned that people who play will no longer be allowed to suit up for the National Team because of it being underground now.. or something like that... anyone know the real deal?? I'm not saying this as the whole and complete truth but surely where there's smoke.. there's fire right??

Was just wondering... :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Let's rouse this forum back to life, guys! Tomorrow starts the week of the Gothia Cup wars in Sweden. Maybe some of you played for our national teams when you were teens?

I have a son, going to turn 13 yet but promoted to play with the 15 yr olds, who is out there with our delegation of boys' and girls' teams.

He is a gifted striker, and a dependable scorer. Hehe... obviously he got my quickness and fast reflexes, and the prodigious quality of his mom!

How about a cheer plus a prayer for the struggles of our fine young soccer teams!

:D

i hope you nurture your sons talents to become a futball player and don't let him get sucked up in playing the more popular basketball. I wish someone would have persuaded me to play football more when i was a kid. Then i probably would have been a better player today

• 1 month later...

Eto lang pala kayo e. Hinayupak.

I have friends from the National Team. They're really good on the field locally, but God, did they suck at the Tiger Cup. (propaganda, yellow card!!! :lol: ) Our country should learn more about this sport, and provide our football athletes with a lot more opportunities for growth. Football is very much about skill, strategy, and teamwork, very much unlike the more popular but totally blah basketball which is all about size and height--something we Filipinos should admit we don't have.

BB, reading through the thread, I think the people are trying to set up a friendly mini-tourney. Efforts in vain, so far. :D

Balita sa Man U, the never-ending comparison between Beckham and Ronaldo still going on, of course. But I think Man U's believing the money they spent for Ronaldo is as worth it as what Real Madrid spent for David. (Close kami. :lol: )

pare i f yur free wednesdays, daan ka lang ng Sunken Garden sa UP. The Eng'g Football club plays there regularly...friendly matches lang.

anyone can just walk up and join?

i usually play in my village park with a real weird mix of kids and old timers. it's ok but not as competitive as i would like. thanks dude.