The Football Thread

Labuyo

Torres wants to leave Anfield

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-l...-leave-Anfield/

Spanish star striker Fernando Torres is ready to abandon English giants Liverpool for a move to Italy or Germany.

The Kop idol had made himself a cult hero at Anfield but seems to have his sights set on the Bundesliga and Serie A.

The Daily Mail reported that Torres wants to have a go at the Italian and German leagues in order to satisfy his desire to have a complete resume.

Speaking in an interview with Don Balon magazine, Torres said: 'Within a few years I would like to play in Italy, try Serie A football in order to complete my c.v by experiencing spells in all three big European leagues - the Spanish one, the English one and the Italian one, and the German one is also a good league,

'Moves are part of football and even if I do not want to do it for the sake of it, I would like to go to Italy and Germany before I return to Spain, to play for Atletico of course.

'To me Bayern Munich is a very attractive club, even if moving there would be far into the future.'

Speaking out on the interest shown by Spanish giants Real Madrid, the striker was adamant that he will never be spotted in the white Los Merengues jersey.

'To me, Real Madrid are not bigger than anyone. They are like Barcelona, Milan, Bayern, Inter...They are another great team,' he said. 'I do not pay much attention to them but to my past as a Rojiblanco (Atletico player).

'I would say yes to my girlfriend, not to him (Perez) because I cannot see myself playing for Real Madrid.'

Clubs like Bayern Munich will be delighted with Torres' comments but whether Rafa Benitez is ready to let his prize asset jump ship is another matter.

just checked espnstar.com, i was surprised with the liverpool-chelsea result, after gaining so much momentum after beating real, manutd & fulham, liverpool crash back to earth with a 3-1 loss at stamford bridge, the result was really a suprise since liverpool rarely concede goals in the champions league..

barcelona show that they are the favorites to win the champions league with a 4-0 thrashing of bayern munich; they really are the team to beat..

manutd's next game is against sunderland in the EPL, i hope the red devils can win all their remaining games and win the EPL, go red devils!!! :)

exciting games by chelsea and manutd, chelsea beat bolton 4-3(bolton with a comeback despite being 4-0 down); manutd beat sunderland 2-1(kiko macheda scores his 2nd goal for the red devils in his 2nd game to win the game for manutd and to take them back to the top of the epl :) )..liverpool were back to winning ways after the disappointing tie against chelsea at stamford bridge in the champions league, torres with 2 goals, agger and ngog each with a goal, 4-0 it ended against blackburn..

in the relegation battle, hull city lost to middlesborough, 3-1, to move 2 point clear of the drop zone..westbrom salvage a valuable point against portsmouth..the stoke city vs newcasle match is currently ongoing..

exciting talaga epl, unting games na lang & it looks like were in for a photofinish :)

Edited by _eRon_

what a comeback by chelsea to draw the 2nd leg against liverpool, 4-4, the blues deserve the semifinal spot in the champions league by beating the reds convincingly and tactically in the 1st leg & having the resiliency to comeback after going down 2-0 in the 1st half..

ganda ng semis nito, chelsea vs barcelona :)

now its time for manutd to win their 2nd leg against porto, i hope we leave our defensive woes behind and face porto with the will to win, i hope we don't concede and win the game comfortably, sana 2-0 with goals from rooney and ronaldo, go manutd!!! game on!!! :)

manutd win 1-0 against porto & advance to the semis to face arsenal who won 3-0 against villareal..manutd become the 1st english team to win at porto; ferdinand coming back from injury to partner with vidic was a huge difference defensively in the match..arsenal beat villareal convincingly with a superb chip form walcott & goals from adebayor & van persie (penalty)..

what a semifinal set-up:

arsenal vs manutd

chelsea vs barcelona

game on!!! go manutd!!!

*i hope we win the fa cup semifinal match against everton this weekend :)

and hopefully face Chelsea in the FA Cup championship... I don't think Arsenal can come up with the Victory in their Semi's game..

it would be much more entertaining to see ManU vs. Chelsea in the FA Cup Finals..

wow manu v chelsea again?! haha nice.

pero kelangan muna manalo ng chelsea sa barca...

manu can defeat arsenal...

:boo: :upside: :rolleyes:

an exciting month for Chelsea fan like me :thumbsupsmiley: FA chelsea vs. arsenal and for the UEFA chelsea vs. Barcelona.....have a feeling though that Barca could win it all. Messi is having a super season, and not to forget they have Eto'o and Henry if he's fit. Chelsea wouldn't be having ashley cole pa.

talo chelsea ng arsenal sa fa cup semifinal; drogba with the winning goal, awful defending by silvestre as well as the mistimed challenge of fabianski to clear the drog with an open net to win the game and book the blues a semifinal place in the fa cup..

i hope the red devils beat the toffees tonight para chelsea vs manutd at wembley in the fa cup final :)

talo chelsea ng arsenal sa fa cup semifinal; drogba with the winning goal, awful defending by silvestre as well as the mistimed challenge of fabianski to clear the drog with an open net to win the game and book the blues a semifinal place in the fa cup..

i hope the red devils beat the toffees tonight para chelsea vs manutd at wembley in the fa cup final :)

Big goalkeeping mistake by Fabianski....

ManU lost on penalty...4:2

Its all blue for the FA finals... Chelsea v Everton

yup, it's an all-blue final in the fa cup, everton vs chelsea..

sir alex really tried to gamble with the side he put up against the toffees, it was a side reinvigorated by youth but the consistency and cutting edge was lacking..i really question the penalty shooters he chose who were berba, ferdinand, vidic and anderson, don't know why he chose the two defenders to shoot the penalties, tevez and scholes could've been the better alternative..berba and ferdinand's penalties were disappointing and eventually cost them the match..ben foster also had a bad penalty shootout, allowing the toffees to score 4 straight, he had a better performance in the carling cup final..but in the end, sir alex was right, everton were the hungrier side of the two kaya they deserve the fa cup final slot...

Edited by _eRon_
yup, it's an all-blue final in the fa cup, everton vs chelsea..

sir alex really tried to gamble with the side he put up against the toffees, it was a side reinvigorated by youth but the consistency and cutting edge was lacking..i really question the penalty shooters he chose who were berba, ferdinand, vidic and anderson, don't know why he chose the two defenders to shoot the penalties, tevez and scholes could've been the better alternative..berba and ferdinand's penalties were disappointing and eventually cost them the match..ben foster also had a bad penalty shootout, allowing the toffees to score 4 straight, he had a better performance in the carling cup final..but in the end, sir alex was right, everton were the hungrier side of the two kaya they deserve the fa cup final slot...

In penalty situations...managers tend not to "pick" players to take the shot....its usually the players themselves who decides.....

Berba is usually a good penalty taker...he was just complacent or over confident....his attempt would have been spectacular but it back fired on him....

Give credit to the former ManU keeper Howard for a good performance

In penalty situations...managers tend not to "pick" players to take the shot....its usually the players themselves who decides.....

Berba is usually a good penalty taker...he was just complacent or over confident....his attempt would have been spectacular but it back fired on him....

Give credit to the former ManU keeper Howard for a good performance

yes right in a penalty sit it's usually the person who is confident that will take one.

fair play to everton and goodluck to them for the finals.

sana nga, pero may 6 games left pa, two dangerous games against man city and arsenal, i hope manutd have the fortitude to win the EPL again..

barcelona is in another class, defeating 3rd place sevilla 4-0, sila talaga favorites sa CL...

roy keane is now coaching ipswich in the championship..

i hope tevez stays at utd next season, masipag kasi siya na forward, i'm still disappointed at how berba plays, i wanted a more drogba like forward who can bully the centerhalves and hold the ball for rooney and c.ronaldo's runs..